Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BG - Receiver Caldwell holds no grudges

HapHaszard

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/10/28/route_led_out_of_town/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+New+England+Patriots+news

Reche Caldwell was driving to the home of Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis, his teammate, but he was talking about his former team, the Patriots. He said he still watches them on "SportsCenter" and keeps track of their stats. As Caldwell was talking, he got a text message - from Patriots receiver Donté Stallworth.

The Patriots have proven they don't need Caldwell, but the wide receiver is still figuring out life without them.

His former team has flourished in his absence, after Caldwell became collateral damage in the offseason overhaul of the New England receiving corps. The Patriots even have pundits talking about a 16-0 season, with Tom Brady on pace to shatter Peyton Manning's season record of 49 TD passes, set in 2004.

The leading receiver last year on a Patriots team that was one minute away from playing in the Super Bowl, Caldwell can't even get on the field for the Redskins. He's been relegated to inactive status for four of five games since signing with Washington Sept. 11. He doesn't expect to be in uniform today when his new team meets his former one at Gillette Stadium.

Click on the link above for the rest of the article

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/10/28/route_led_out_of_town/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+New+England+Patriots+news

Reche Caldwell was driving to the home of Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis, his teammate, but he was talking about his former team, the Patriots. He said he still watches them on "SportsCenter" and keeps track of their stats. As Caldwell was talking, he got a text message - from Patriots receiver Donté Stallworth.

The Patriots have proven they don't need Caldwell, but the wide receiver is still figuring out life without them.

His former team has flourished in his absence, after Caldwell became collateral damage in the offseason overhaul of the New England receiving corps. The Patriots even have pundits talking about a 16-0 season, with Tom Brady on pace to shatter Peyton Manning's season record of 49 TD passes, set in 2004.

The leading receiver last year on a Patriots team that was one minute away from playing in the Super Bowl, Caldwell can't even get on the field for the Redskins. He's been relegated to inactive status for four of five games since signing with Washington Sept. 11. He doesn't expect to be in uniform today when his new team meets his former one at Gillette Stadium.

Click on the link above for the rest of the article

It's really hard to believe that Caldwell cannot even escape the inactive list here in Washington, as inept as our WR corps has been all year. He is either really, really bad, or he is not grasping the system like he should be. It is ashame because it is hard to believe that he would be unable to match Lloyd, Thrash, or Kenny Mac's production (even Moss at this point, actually)

It's really hard to believe that Caldwell cannot even escape the inactive list here in Washington, as inept as our WR corps has been all year. He is either really, really bad, or he is not grasping the system like he should be. It is ashame because it is hard to believe that he would be unable to match Lloyd, Thrash, or Kenny Mac's production (even Moss at this point, actually)

I would play him today.

I mean, WHY NOT?

Its not like anybody else is lighting it up.

Seriously. How the hell can he not get on the field here?

Makes me think Saunders really has ridiculous expectations and has no idea what to look for in WR's. Really, he never developed anything great at the WR position in KC and only got good production really out of his RB's and Tony Gonzalez. I wonder how much of Lloyd not playing is really Brandon's fault--I see no reason to believe that Al knows what he's talking about with WR's if James Thrash gets the 3rd-most minutes of any receiver on our team yet can't catch the ball while Lloyd and the Patriots' leading receiver last year can't even get on the field. Really infuriating.

I would play him today.

I mean, WHY NOT?

Its not like anybody else is lighting it up.

Seriously. How the hell can he not get on the field here?

Makes me think Saunders really has ridiculous expectations and has no idea what to look for in WR's. Really, he never developed anything great at the WR position in KC and only got good production really out of his RB's and Tony Gonzalez. I wonder how much of Lloyd not playing is really Brandon's fault--I see no reason to believe that Al knows what he's talking about with WR's if James Thrash gets the 3rd-most minutes of any receiver on our team yet can't catch the ball while Lloyd and the Patriots' leading receiver last year can't even get on the field. Really infuriating.

what really gets me is why do you trade for people just not to use them or just to let them go the next season it's a waste to the team and a player for thinking they are going to play.. I mean duckett he played what 2 games got rid of him.. I mean caldwell is great to have but we need to use him.. Not playing him is a mistake.. I mean thrash should do kick off returns along side cartwright and put caldwell in trash pistion for offesive.. Why have depth if your not going to use it.. I do wish gibbs would of stay off cordinator.. He seem to give everyone a shot to prove themsleves.. Saunders seems to be one of those guys that if he doesn't think you can do it he won't use you..

Other than that go skins.

Win or lose i'm still with you all the way..

what really gets me is why do you trade for people just not to use them or just to let them go the next season it's a waste to the team and a player for thinking they are going to play.. I mean duckett he played what 2 games got rid of him.. I mean caldwell is great to have but we need to use him.. Not playing him is a mistake.. I mean thrash should do kick off returns along side cartwright and put caldwell in trash pistion for offesive.. Why have depth if your not going to use it.. I do wish gibbs would of stay off cordinator.. He seem to give everyone a shot to prove themsleves.. Saunders seems to be one of those guys that if he doesn't think you can do it he won't use you..

He can't get on the field b/c Gibbs wants to keep BLloyd active...Moss, El, Lloyd, McCardell, Thrash that's our 5...Who do you sit to activate Caldwell? It doesn't have anything to do with picking up the system or even performing in practice...It's politics...

He can't get on the field b/c Gibbs wants to keep BLloyd active...Moss, El, Lloyd, McCardell, Thrash that's our 5...Who do you sit to activate Caldwell? It doesn't have anything to do with picking up the system or even performing in practice...It's politics...

This is a different situation though, we didn't trade for Caldwell.

This is a different situation though, we didn't trade for Caldwell.

Archived