Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Huddle Offense(s)?

Om

no huddle is a horrible idea actually passing the ball is a horrible idea it requires the QB to have time in a stationary position. Look what happen to J Campbell in the preseason, and to think, pass blocking upfront cant buy him anytime in the pocket. Recently coming off injury rookie Heyer starting (who pass protects just as well if not better than Wade also injured) at that time Jansen and Thomas were healthy, that healthier version of the redskins O line didnt save him from getting hurt. Now we have Rabach back recovering from injury, newly aquired LG Kendall recovering from injury and back up RG/C Pucillo. Why not just run the ball, theres less of a chance of loss of downs when passing are caused by dropped, tipped, or intercepted passes. running keeps the clock running and has a higher chance of gaining yards on a play.i doubt campbell wants to throw INT's but i highly doubt Portis and Betts want to fumble. All campbells INTs resulted from tipped passes, why not just hand it off :writing:

No Huddle does not mean Pass and only pass. If you have this confused with what the pats run, that's a SPREAD offense. No Huddle just means you don't huddle but call the plays at the line with the personnel you have. THis is what the Colts Run actually full time.

no huddle is a horrible idea actually passing the ball is a horrible idea it requires the QB to have time in a stationary position. Look what happen to J Campbell in the preseason, and to think, pass blocking upfront cant buy him anytime in the pocket. Recently coming off injury rookie Heyer starting (who pass protects just as well if not better than Wade also injured) at that time Jansen and Thomas were healthy, that healthier version of the redskins O line didnt save him from getting hurt. Now we have Rabach back recovering from injury, newly aquired LG Kendall recovering from injury and back up RG/C Pucillo. Why not just run the ball, theres less of a chance of loss of downs when passing are caused by dropped, tipped, or intercepted passes. running keeps the clock running and has a higher chance of gaining yards on a play.i doubt campbell wants to throw INT's but i highly doubt Portis and Betts want to fumble. All campbells INTs resulted from tipped passes, why not just hand it off :writing:

No Huddle does not mean Pass and only pass. If you have this confused with what the pats run, that's a SPREAD offense. No Huddle just means you don't huddle but call the plays at the line with the personnel you have. THis is what the Colts Run actually full time.

Don't be surprised to see Brady and the NE offense run the no-huddle early in the game tomorrow.

I've been a little surprised over the past weeks that we've not seen more of it against us, given what looked like some early success using it by both Miami and Philly. I recall thinking our D looked a bit unsettled and vulnerable when unable to substitute packages as liberally as GW likes to. I also recall being a little surprised neither team went back to it late when the games were still on the line.

Belichick won't have missed those films, and neither he nor Brady will be shy about running the no-huddle given Brady's skills at calling the game from the line anyway. I hope (and suspect) GW and his assistants have had this thought and been prepping the D for it this week.

A related thought was recollection of something Gibbs did to Buffalo in SB XXVI. For 2 weeks we had heard about the great no-huddle "Kelly Gun" offense the Bills ran ... and lo and behold, when the game started, not only was our defense ready for it (our substitutions flew in and out so fast the Bills no huddle was rendered moot), but our OWN offense ran a few series of no-huddle themselves--something we'd hardly seen all year and actually caught Buffalo off guard.

I remember cackling a bit about that. :)

Don't be shocked to see something like that from Gibbs/Saunders tomorrow. I've been waiting for us to break out the no-huddle over the past few weeks, as the O has struggled to overcome the OL injuries and the running game has slowed. Tomorrow has a kind of out-of-nowhere, nothing-to-lose feel to it, and I'm thinking it might be an opportunity for the Skins to try something like that to shake things up and try to get a spark.

It's the kind of thing Gibbs used to find irresistible.

No, we don't want to speed the game up any more than necessary and would rather grind out long, ball control scoring drives that keep Brady on the sidelines, but if we struggle to get going early, don't discount the possibility of seeing us hit the line of scrimmage without huddling, and seeing Jason either call or get plays signaled in, making the Pats scramble to sub.

Hell, if nothing else maybe we'll get 'em to burn a couple time outs.

Just thoughts.

I rewatched Super Bowl XVI the other night and I thought the exact same thing when I saw them doing the no huddle. How cool would it be if we do that to grab the momentum? The game was going back and forth for a quarter until Gibbs switched to the no huddle and I think he used it on 3 consective drives to go up 17-0.

Don't be surprised to see Brady and the NE offense run the no-huddle early in the game tomorrow.

I've been a little surprised over the past weeks that we've not seen more of it against us, given what looked like some early success using it by both Miami and Philly. I recall thinking our D looked a bit unsettled and vulnerable when unable to substitute packages as liberally as GW likes to. I also recall being a little surprised neither team went back to it late when the games were still on the line.

Belichick won't have missed those films, and neither he nor Brady will be shy about running the no-huddle given Brady's skills at calling the game from the line anyway. I hope (and suspect) GW and his assistants have had this thought and been prepping the D for it this week.

A related thought was recollection of something Gibbs did to Buffalo in SB XXVI. For 2 weeks we had heard about the great no-huddle "Kelly Gun" offense the Bills ran ... and lo and behold, when the game started, not only was our defense ready for it (our substitutions flew in and out so fast the Bills no huddle was rendered moot), but our OWN offense ran a few series of no-huddle themselves--something we'd hardly seen all year and actually caught Buffalo off guard.

I remember cackling a bit about that. :)

Don't be shocked to see something like that from Gibbs/Saunders tomorrow. I've been waiting for us to break out the no-huddle over the past few weeks, as the O has struggled to overcome the OL injuries and the running game has slowed. Tomorrow has a kind of out-of-nowhere, nothing-to-lose feel to it, and I'm thinking it might be an opportunity for the Skins to try something like that to shake things up and try to get a spark.

It's the kind of thing Gibbs used to find irresistible.

No, we don't want to speed the game up any more than necessary and would rather grind out long, ball control scoring drives that keep Brady on the sidelines, but if we struggle to get going early, don't discount the possibility of seeing us hit the line of scrimmage without huddling, and seeing Jason either call or get plays signaled in, making the Pats scramble to sub.

Hell, if nothing else maybe we'll get 'em to burn a couple time outs.

Just thoughts.

I rewatched Super Bowl XVI the other night and I thought the exact same thing when I saw them doing the no huddle. How cool would it be if we do that to grab the momentum? The game was going back and forth for a quarter until Gibbs switched to the no huddle and I think he used it on 3 consective drives to go up 17-0.

I look at it as a near-guaranteed TD' date=' actually. Obviously, if the Pats are onto it and pick up Jason, you don't throw the ball to him. Only if we're able to sell the run well enough and Jason is able to slip into the endzone undetected do you throw it to him. If not, just have Portis keep the ball and get whatever he can out of it.

Unless we're worried Jason's gonna injure himself trying to catch a ball with no one around though, I think he'd be fine to do that.[/quote']

I would be worried about Rodney Harrison lining him up and going for a Taylor-esque hit on him.

I look at it as a near-guaranteed TD' date=' actually. Obviously, if the Pats are onto it and pick up Jason, you don't throw the ball to him. Only if we're able to sell the run well enough and Jason is able to slip into the endzone undetected do you throw it to him. If not, just have Portis keep the ball and get whatever he can out of it.

Unless we're worried Jason's gonna injure himself trying to catch a ball with no one around though, I think he'd be fine to do that.[/quote']

I would be worried about Rodney Harrison lining him up and going for a Taylor-esque hit on him.

um correct me if im wrong the purpose of a no huddle is to catch the defense off gaurd and hope they cant change their package and take advantage of them not being able to sub and adjust their personel, i doubt anybody runs a no huddle to run the ball, its a pass first scheme that allows you to take advantage of match ups

um correct me if im wrong the purpose of a no huddle is to catch the defense off gaurd and hope they cant change their package and take advantage of them not being able to sub and adjust their personel, i doubt anybody runs a no huddle to run the ball, its a pass first scheme that allows you to take advantage of match ups

Archived