Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We best start playing TWO halves of football!!!

FanSinceSonnyJ

if the offense stayed in it for the second half, we would be undefeated

Agreed. If our offense only played average ball versus subpar ball, we'd be undefeated. It's ridiculous that the great Joe Gibbs can't seem to get it clicking. Heck, he won it all in only his 2nd year during the Gibbs I era. The game has changed since then, I was hoping he would have adapted to the times by now. I still have the utmost respect for the guy, which makes it that much tougher to watch our offense go 3 and out during the 2nd half of virtually all our games.

if the offense stayed in it for the second half, we would be undefeated

Agreed. If our offense only played average ball versus subpar ball, we'd be undefeated. It's ridiculous that the great Joe Gibbs can't seem to get it clicking. Heck, he won it all in only his 2nd year during the Gibbs I era. The game has changed since then, I was hoping he would have adapted to the times by now. I still have the utmost respect for the guy, which makes it that much tougher to watch our offense go 3 and out during the 2nd half of virtually all our games.

than stop bashing the man. from 87-92 was 5 years. he did not have great teams every year and there were times where the offense was inept.

we are moving forward and you nwta to bash hiom but its player execution. so should he cut the players? its week 8 and your acting like we are 0-7.

i never expected naything less than what we have seen so far. 2005 was a great year. 2006 was a set back but was also a transition. infact based off of the qb change and al saunders addition befor 2006 i wouldn't look for any real championship run till 2008.

But we have the tools to make a run in 2007. while you bash the man the game has changed. we have less players on active rosters and we have a cap. so when you lose 5 lineman you will have problems.

Yet instead of respecting him like you do you bash him. thats not respect. he signed a 5 year deal. give him his 5 years. thats respect.

I respect the man. I see the players letting us all down. just as he reacted to fix issues last year by moving to campbell and picking up landry and fletcher he will address what ever issues we have.

This orginisation now has stability and a bright future. and the fact you can be upset at 4-2 is becasue of gibbs. there was a time 4-2 was good enough. I am glad your not happy. its becasue of gibbs you can have that thought we should be better.

than you can see its the players and injuries. respect the man like you say you do. its week 8 and we are in a playoff spot if it ended today. we are in the thick of the nfc east race.

respect the man, please, you don't respect him. if you did you wouldn't be trying to find reasons why he canlt do the job instead of looking at the job and work he has already done.

than stop bashing the man. from 87-92 was 5 years. he did not have great teams every year and there were times where the offense was inept.

we are moving forward and you nwta to bash hiom but its player execution. so should he cut the players? its week 8 and your acting like we are 0-7.

i never expected naything less than what we have seen so far. 2005 was a great year. 2006 was a set back but was also a transition. infact based off of the qb change and al saunders addition befor 2006 i wouldn't look for any real championship run till 2008.

But we have the tools to make a run in 2007. while you bash the man the game has changed. we have less players on active rosters and we have a cap. so when you lose 5 lineman you will have problems.

Yet instead of respecting him like you do you bash him. thats not respect. he signed a 5 year deal. give him his 5 years. thats respect.

I respect the man. I see the players letting us all down. just as he reacted to fix issues last year by moving to campbell and picking up landry and fletcher he will address what ever issues we have.

This orginisation now has stability and a bright future. and the fact you can be upset at 4-2 is becasue of gibbs. there was a time 4-2 was good enough. I am glad your not happy. its becasue of gibbs you can have that thought we should be better.

than you can see its the players and injuries. respect the man like you say you do. its week 8 and we are in a playoff spot if it ended today. we are in the thick of the nfc east race.

respect the man, please, you don't respect him. if you did you wouldn't be trying to find reasons why he canlt do the job instead of looking at the job and work he has already done.

If we can keep our D fresh we have a shot

This will happen by our offense grinding out long scoring drives. I don't doubt our defense can do the job, I'm more worried about our decimated O-line and ZERO TDs to our WRs on the year. We need production and all will fall into place.

If we can keep our D fresh we have a shot

This will happen by our offense grinding out long scoring drives. I don't doubt our defense can do the job, I'm more worried about our decimated O-line and ZERO TDs to our WRs on the year. We need production and all will fall into place.

Calm down laddy. I am actually old enough to recollect each and every season of Joe Gibbs I. I don't need some kid dressing me down and doubting my love for Joe Gibbs. I don't care if he goes 0-16 as he's earned a free pass from me. Not bashing anyone - just pointing out that it's discouraging our O has been so inept under Joe Gibbs II. Gibbs was an offensive genius under Joe Gibbs 1 (which you are too young to remember).

Let me enlighten you. The greatness of Gibbs I was his ability to make adjustments at half time that always seem to be absolutely perfect. Don't see that happening now. In fact we seem to not make any half time adjustments, while our opponents do, which is uncharacteristic of Joe Gibbs I teams.

We're 4-2 which is great. We could easily be 6-0 or just as easily be 1-5. Nailbiter wins over crappy teams like the Dolphins and Colts don't make me feel any better than the 2 games we gave away againts the Giants and Packers. All of these teams outplayed us in the 2nd half.

Sorry, I'm not going to put my head in the sand when a glaring problem stands before me.

Calm down laddy. I am actually old enough to recollect each and every season of Joe Gibbs I. I don't need some kid dressing me down and doubting my love for Joe Gibbs. I don't care if he goes 0-16 as he's earned a free pass from me. Not bashing anyone - just pointing out that it's discouraging our O has been so inept under Joe Gibbs II. Gibbs was an offensive genius under Joe Gibbs 1 (which you are too young to remember).

Let me enlighten you. The greatness of Gibbs I was his ability to make adjustments at half time that always seem to be absolutely perfect. Don't see that happening now. In fact we seem to not make any half time adjustments, while our opponents do, which is uncharacteristic of Joe Gibbs I teams.

We're 4-2 which is great. We could easily be 6-0 or just as easily be 1-5. Nailbiter wins over crappy teams like the Dolphins and Colts don't make me feel any better than the 2 games we gave away againts the Giants and Packers. All of these teams outplayed us in the 2nd half.

Sorry, I'm not going to put my head in the sand when a glaring problem stands before me.

In the second halves of both losses, the Redskins didn't score in the second half. It shouldn't be this way. The Redskins have the weapons and talent on offense to get the ball into the endzone at least 3 out of every 5 drives. Maybe it's the play calling. Maybe it's the players not executing. Whatever the case, they have to snap out of the bad habits of playing poor offensive football in the second half and start being consistent on offense in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

In the second halves of both losses, the Redskins didn't score in the second half. It shouldn't be this way. The Redskins have the weapons and talent on offense to get the ball into the endzone at least 3 out of every 5 drives. Maybe it's the play calling. Maybe it's the players not executing. Whatever the case, they have to snap out of the bad habits of playing poor offensive football in the second half and start being consistent on offense in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Mighty discouraging how our team has been ineffective in the second half of virtually all games this season. Our victories over the Lions, Cardinals, Dolphins have been much closer than they should have been.
:wtf: Call me crazy, but the game I watched ended with the Skins stomping the life out of Detroit. What game did you watch?

I don't see how this deserved to be a thread. Maybe I'll start a thread about it. :rolleyes:

Mighty discouraging how our team has been ineffective in the second half of virtually all games this season. Our victories over the Lions, Cardinals, Dolphins have been much closer than they should have been.
:wtf: Call me crazy, but the game I watched ended with the Skins stomping the life out of Detroit. What game did you watch?

I don't see how this deserved to be a thread. Maybe I'll start a thread about it. :rolleyes:

Its really quite shocking to see, every game we get out to the lead, play well, and then in the second half we just hold on for dear life. There is just no attempt to put the game away. No killer instinct. That starts and ends with Joe Gibbs. This team has all the talent to be a playoff team, and a contender. It just needs the go ahead.

Its really quite shocking to see, every game we get out to the lead, play well, and then in the second half we just hold on for dear life. There is just no attempt to put the game away. No killer instinct. That starts and ends with Joe Gibbs. This team has all the talent to be a playoff team, and a contender. It just needs the go ahead.

Oh gee...silly me. Your right, we played 2 halves of football against the mighty Lions. Call me crazy, but we've played 6 games total and have played complete games in 1 of them. Call me crazier, but we went 6-10 last year when the defense tanked and we needed to rely on the offense to carry our water. Call me craziest, but we we were carried into the playoffs in 2005 on the backs of our D.

Bottom line, the O has not clicked under Gibbs II. You can sugarcoat and make excuses all day long, but they simply have not got it done.

I still have to believe and hold at hope that Gibbs will adapt and make the changes needed to get, what has thus far been an inept offense moving. :logo:

Oh, and this thread very much deserved to be started and discussed. :D

Oh gee...silly me. Your right, we played 2 halves of football against the mighty Lions. Call me crazy, but we've played 6 games total and have played complete games in 1 of them. Call me crazier, but we went 6-10 last year when the defense tanked and we needed to rely on the offense to carry our water. Call me craziest, but we we were carried into the playoffs in 2005 on the backs of our D.

Bottom line, the O has not clicked under Gibbs II. You can sugarcoat and make excuses all day long, but they simply have not got it done.

I still have to believe and hold at hope that Gibbs will adapt and make the changes needed to get, what has thus far been an inept offense moving. :logo:

Oh, and this thread very much deserved to be started and discussed. :D

My point exactly.

My point exactly.

Archived