Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We best start playing TWO halves of football!!!

FanSinceSonnyJ

i suggest you go back and watch some games. specially the cards game.

players hurt us. 2nd down thrash drops the ball.

3rd and short cooley drops the pass

i canlt put this all on the coaching staff. they called a consiten game from start to finish. players failed to execute. on both sides of the ball in the second half.

you've got to RUN THE BALL on 3rd and short.

not the way our line was blocking.

and it was 3-4 or 5 and they played action and hit cooley dead in the chest.

but instead of saying our players can't execute we say the coaching staff is the problem. right.

how many times have you watched the cards game. dl it and watch it a couple timea and take notes. at first you feel we suck at play calling, i did, than you see the personal breakdowns, the penalties, the dropps and you start to see how the offesne shot itself in the foot over and over again.

infact i will likley watch it again today. trying to see if we used demulling and rate how our line did more.

infact that big holding call i mentioned was on chris samuels. so its the whole offense as a whole.

not the way our line was blocking.

and it was 3-4 or 5 and they played action and hit cooley dead in the chest.

but instead of saying our players can't execute we say the coaching staff is the problem. right.

how many times have you watched the cards game. dl it and watch it a couple timea and take notes. at first you feel we suck at play calling, i did, than you see the personal breakdowns, the penalties, the dropps and you start to see how the offesne shot itself in the foot over and over again.

infact i will likley watch it again today. trying to see if we used demulling and rate how our line did more.

infact that big holding call i mentioned was on chris samuels. so its the whole offense as a whole.

I would prefer to win 42-40 than 3-0 anyday.

i wnat a w. anyway we can get it. and i am a ball control guy. 3-0 sounds good to me.

but ball control does not mean not scoring. we need our offense to be consitent eat up the clokc and march down and get td's. like the 11 play 3rd quarter td drive. was the only drive of the game with perfect or near perfect execution.

and the goaline play was perfect. feed it to sellers firsta nd on second down same formation and give it to portis. sellers jumped the pile and was the focus and portis jumped over him.

wee need that type of play execution every down. specially againts a good defense.

we got to execute first than we can say playcalling sucks. casue in the end if we execute you won't noptice the play calling. instead you see portis dancing in the endzone like in the 3rd quarter.

I would prefer to win 42-40 than 3-0 anyday.

i wnat a w. anyway we can get it. and i am a ball control guy. 3-0 sounds good to me.

but ball control does not mean not scoring. we need our offense to be consitent eat up the clokc and march down and get td's. like the 11 play 3rd quarter td drive. was the only drive of the game with perfect or near perfect execution.

and the goaline play was perfect. feed it to sellers firsta nd on second down same formation and give it to portis. sellers jumped the pile and was the focus and portis jumped over him.

wee need that type of play execution every down. specially againts a good defense.

we got to execute first than we can say playcalling sucks. casue in the end if we execute you won't noptice the play calling. instead you see portis dancing in the endzone like in the 3rd quarter.

holding penalty on a big second down run after a first down pass.

those were what casued our 3 3 and outs in a row.

next the defense while playing lights out canlt be excused as well.

landry late hit on third down continued a drive.

next they went for in on 4th down and were stopped at midfield but fletcher got up and taunted the bench.

leading to the extension of a drive and kept the defense on even longer. leading to the first 4th quarter td.

now on the next drive we took a shot or tried to and puch couldn't block a lick and campbell had to dump it to portis and got killed. on first down. we ran it on second and got the holding call.

we had a 11 play 55 yard drive where we hit randle el and cooley for big passes as well as some big runs from portis and betts that lead to our 3rd quarter td. we called the same type of plays the rest of the game but the line completely fell apart in the 4th quarter.

these are my notes from watching the cards game twice yesterday. while i would love to see more downfield passes the line could not block on runs so the cards sat in a cover 2 and forced us underneath. when we did have a big play a penatly or dropped passed killed our drive.

i canlt put this all on the coaching staff. they called a consiten game from start to finish. players failed to execute. on both sides of the ball in the second half.

Oh rest assured I have watched every game. Sorry, but there is a difference between bad luck and lousy play. We've had consistant lousy play with our offense for 3 plus years now. A dropped pass here and there is part of football. Coaches are paid to have their team prepared to play. Our offense is so inconsistant it's pathetic. A long pass for 35 yards then a 3 and out. 3 attempts at 1st and goal at the one after a great drive and we can't even get a TD. Untimely fumbles and dropped passes. This goes beyond bad luck. It's either the wrong players or the wrong coaches or a combination of both. Gibbs has had plenty of time to fix the issues. Hopefully he is capable of finally doing so as what we have seen thus far form the O this season, is more of the same from the previous seasons under Gibbs II.

holding penalty on a big second down run after a first down pass.

those were what casued our 3 3 and outs in a row.

next the defense while playing lights out canlt be excused as well.

landry late hit on third down continued a drive.

next they went for in on 4th down and were stopped at midfield but fletcher got up and taunted the bench.

leading to the extension of a drive and kept the defense on even longer. leading to the first 4th quarter td.

now on the next drive we took a shot or tried to and puch couldn't block a lick and campbell had to dump it to portis and got killed. on first down. we ran it on second and got the holding call.

we had a 11 play 55 yard drive where we hit randle el and cooley for big passes as well as some big runs from portis and betts that lead to our 3rd quarter td. we called the same type of plays the rest of the game but the line completely fell apart in the 4th quarter.

these are my notes from watching the cards game twice yesterday. while i would love to see more downfield passes the line could not block on runs so the cards sat in a cover 2 and forced us underneath. when we did have a big play a penatly or dropped passed killed our drive.

Oh rest assured I have watched every game. Sorry, but there is a difference between bad luck and lousy play. We've had consistant lousy play with our offense for 3 plus years now. A dropped pass here and there is part of football. Coaches are paid to have their team prepared to play. Our offense is so inconsistant it's pathetic. A long pass for 35 yards then a 3 and out. 3 attempts at 1st and goal at the one after a great drive and we can't even get a TD. Untimely fumbles and dropped passes. This goes beyond bad luck. It's either the wrong players or the wrong coaches or a combination of both. Gibbs has had plenty of time to fix the issues. Hopefully he is capable of finally doing so as what we have seen thus far form the O this season, is more of the same from the previous seasons under Gibbs II.

the funny (or saddening thing) about it is that both the Redskins and my college team, UCF Knights, can't seem to show up for the second half of games. They both come out of the gate pretty well prepared, then just pack it in and head home. We all know about the Redskins losses (NY VaGiants and the FudgePackers) and UCF did the same with losses to East Carolina (up 31-14 at half) and Texas (had three turnovers in the second half and Texas scored on two of three turnovers). I'm starting to think all my teams are cursed.

Baseball: Arizona Diamondbacks - Great series vs. the cubs, then didn't show up against the rooockies.

Basketball: Orlando Magic - enough said.

Please, Redskins, please atleast show up for both halves. If we do lose, I just want it to be a close, hard fought game!

the funny (or saddening thing) about it is that both the Redskins and my college team, UCF Knights, can't seem to show up for the second half of games. They both come out of the gate pretty well prepared, then just pack it in and head home. We all know about the Redskins losses (NY VaGiants and the FudgePackers) and UCF did the same with losses to East Carolina (up 31-14 at half) and Texas (had three turnovers in the second half and Texas scored on two of three turnovers). I'm starting to think all my teams are cursed.

Baseball: Arizona Diamondbacks - Great series vs. the cubs, then didn't show up against the rooockies.

Basketball: Orlando Magic - enough said.

Please, Redskins, please atleast show up for both halves. If we do lose, I just want it to be a close, hard fought game!

so now after i explained we did throw it on first and second down you claim the coaches aren't getting the team ready to play. :laugh:

come on man. its like a hitter in a slump. next i feel a few players are not buying into the system yet.

like i said watch the game a couple times. rewind plays and look for why they failed. i spent near 5 hrs last night dissecting the cards game as i do every game. and right now its this player or that player making poor plays.

in gb cooley caught everything. has 2 big drops against the cards.

campbell was inaccurate with alot of throws.

and so forth.

every guy failing on certain plays have been playmakers for us under this coaching staff. so at some point you can not blame the coaches for the players not playing.

there have been injuries in alot of key positions so our offense has yet to find a rhythm and identity. they have to keep fighting.

sorry you don't understand that. i am also not happy with our offense but i also took the time to identify myself the issues involved. and after dissecting the play i feel good we can fix it with the playcalling and players we have.

i aint about to bash our coach. i will put the blame where it lies. on the professionals on the field payed to do the job. and if they continue to fail to do the job than as coaches and gm we need to find players who will. but thats for a conversation after the season.

on the past seasons.

2005 we made the playoffs but had a inept offense.

2006 we had offensive woes but the real problem was a very poor defense. we couldn;t stop naybody

2007 we turn the offense around and turn to the young qb our coach drafted. andre carter finally shows his worth and rocky and landry become stable cogs for a stiffling defense.

our offense is now adjusting to the injuries and new qb.

new guard on rigth side. last game our cenetr and whole left side were backups, castoffs of other teams. our one concern was line depth and that issue ising being shown. but who would expect to lose all these lineman? no one. i have never seen it.

rebuilding a team is never easy. its bumpy all along the road. welcome to the nfl.

so now after i explained we did throw it on first and second down you claim the coaches aren't getting the team ready to play. :laugh:

come on man. its like a hitter in a slump. next i feel a few players are not buying into the system yet.

like i said watch the game a couple times. rewind plays and look for why they failed. i spent near 5 hrs last night dissecting the cards game as i do every game. and right now its this player or that player making poor plays.

and so forth.

every guy failing on certain plays have been playmakers for us under this coaching staff. so at some point you can not blame the coaches for the players not playing.

there have been injuries in alot of key positions so our offense has yet to find a rhythm and identity. they have to keep fighting.

sorry you don't understand that. i am also not happy with our offense but i also took the time to identify myself the issues involved. and after dissecting the play i feel good we can fix it with the playcalling and players we have.

i aint about to bash our coach. i will put the blame where it lies. on the professionals on the field payed to do the job. and if they continue to fail to do the job than as coaches and gm we need to find players who will. but thats for a conversation after the season.

on the past seasons.

2006 we had offensive woes but the real problem was a very poor defense. we couldn;t stop naybody

2007 we turn the offense around and turn to the young qb our coach drafted. andre carter finally shows his worth and rocky and landry become stable cogs for a stiffling defense.

new guard on rigth side. last game our cenetr and whole left side were backups, castoffs of other teams. our one concern was line depth and that issue ising being shown. but who would expect to lose all these lineman? no one. i have never seen it.

rebuilding a team is never easy. its bumpy all along the road. welcome to the nfl.

and so forth.

on the past seasons.

Study all the film you want guy, the fact remains our O is not getting it done. It goes deeper than just clamoring that the players aren't getting it done. No doubt there are too many mistakes and much of the blame can go to the players. However, ultimately the coach is responsible for how well the team is prepared each week.

Our offense has been inept since 2005. We are predictable and go ultra conservative anytime we have a lead and then hang on while our opponents claw themselves back into the game.

My point is it is time to take the gloves off and play to win as opposed to playing not to lose.

and so forth.

on the past seasons.

Study all the film you want guy, the fact remains our O is not getting it done. It goes deeper than just clamoring that the players aren't getting it done. No doubt there are too many mistakes and much of the blame can go to the players. However, ultimately the coach is responsible for how well the team is prepared each week.

Our offense has been inept since 2005. We are predictable and go ultra conservative anytime we have a lead and then hang on while our opponents claw themselves back into the game.

My point is it is time to take the gloves off and play to win as opposed to playing not to lose.

Mighty discouraging how our team has been ineffective in the second half of virtually all games this season. Our victories over the Lions, Cardinals, Dolphins have been much closer than they should have been. The losses against the Giants and Packers were given to them by ineffective 2nd half play.

Unless we start playing both halves of football we are going to be in big trouble over the upper echelon teams.

Our D has looked solid, but our offense has looked above average in 1st half play, and very much below average in 2nd half play.

Lets hope Coach Gibbs and staff puts an end to this inconsistant play starting this weekend against the Pats.

Like your sig.

Mighty discouraging how our team has been ineffective in the second half of virtually all games this season. Our victories over the Lions, Cardinals, Dolphins have been much closer than they should have been. The losses against the Giants and Packers were given to them by ineffective 2nd half play.

Unless we start playing both halves of football we are going to be in big trouble over the upper echelon teams.

Our D has looked solid, but our offense has looked above average in 1st half play, and very much below average in 2nd half play.

Lets hope Coach Gibbs and staff puts an end to this inconsistant play starting this weekend against the Pats.

Like your sig.

Archived