Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rams vs. The Skins

Mania

The Rams, an 8-8 team last year with one of the most formidable running backs in the league lost two OL this season and they are winless to date and coud possibly fire Linehan before the end of the season.

We have lost two starters in Jansen and Thomas and Rabach for a game, plus losing Wade and Heyer in the same game when we lost Rabach. In comparison to the Rams we are 4-2 and very much in the hunt for the playoffs. You have to credit the coaching staff for this instead of shooting them down because we didn't get any style points when we beat the Cardinals.

Yes, other teams have their injuries, but when you have injuries on the offensive line it dampens both your running game and your passing game and this only magnifies things with a quarterback that started the season with 7 starts under his belt.

Lets let the coaching staff field the team and make the game plan. Yes, I would like to score more points as well, but we are winning and we are going to give the Pats one hell of a game as well and may surprise everyone!

The thing I can credit the team with is blowing two games. Two NFC games. , one divisional.

We have squeaked by with out wins. You want to win convincingly, and we've had one win that was convincing, the Lions game.

The Eagles game, despite how poorly they were playing, were driving on us and screwed up at the very end.

This team needs to learn how to execute and go for the kill.

If they figure out how to do that this week, they can contend with anyone in the NFL

This is a good point. Makes me feel better about where we are at being 4-2 right now. Also knowing that we have definitely competed in all of our games with the two loses being by small margins. We need to compete this weekend against the pats to prove we are legit contenders though. I can't wait until we get Randy T. back and some more of the guys healthy. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be among the best in the league.

the rams have no D....we do

Bingo. Even if the O is bad you always have a chance with a great D. Just look at Baltimore in 2000. That team had a stretch of five games where they didn't score one TD on offense. When you get defensive TDs your chance of winning skyrockets. Look what Fletcher's TD did for us. It was the difference between us winning 21-19 and our sputtering O trying to run a game winning fourth qtr drive being down 20-14. I would hate to think that our offense would have to of done that late in the 4th.

Archived