Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brady Bunch VS Area 51

RedskinsNAVY28

It should be an interesting matchup. I wouldn't say our secondary great. I would say that Sean Taylor individually is playing great. But Rogers and Smoot are average. We give up too big of cushions. And Landry has done some things, but has been underwhelming in my opinion. (Picking off Boldin wasn't anything special, though it was important).

I also hate the Area 51 nonsense. First off, it's the dumbest nickname in the history of nicknames. Secondly, no one is afraid to go across the middle on us. Neither of our safeties have injured anyone by ferocious hits. We over-estimate how fierce our safeties are. I guarantee Brady and the gang aren't losing a second of sleep over facing our safeties--well, Brady might have concern about Taylor making some nice plays on some passes.

Personally, I would prefer our safeties to play well instead of going for the big hit. I remember last year when Taylor tried to play as a hitter and ended up sucking in coverage and missing tackles. I would prefer Sean plays as a center fielder and would prefer them to make textbook tackles.

A monster hit is worthless unless the tackle is made.

I think we can shut down Moss with a combination of ST and a CB. But we have to dedicate them to that. I'm not terribly afraid of Dante Stallworth, so I'd probably put single coverage on him. Welker is who scares me. Our LBs can't cover him. That means we are going to have to be in a nickel or dime package all game. And Watson is there too.

It's going to be tough. But I would commit to shutting down Moss, which we should be able to do.

If there is no pressure on Brady then our secondary will sit on an island until one of their very good recievers finds a way to get open. Believe me, with enough time, anyone can get open. Just revisit the Cards game to see what a one armed old QB can do when he has all day to throw the ball. Eventually he finds some open targets.

We can defintly beat th pats and if we dont we suck. I believe we should be 6-0 right now. Everytim we play new england we win even when they had tom brady. I think they will have to`run the ball and they wont be able to. In the pass game we need no couchion and a blitz every down even in the 4th quarter. They havent been hit hard all year lets bring the pain and lay these pu**** down.

I also hate the Area 51 nonsense. First off, it's the dumbest nickname in the history of nicknames. Secondly, no one is afraid to go across the middle on us. Neither of our safeties have injured anyone by ferocious hits. We over-estimate how fierce our safeties are. I guarantee Brady and the gang aren't losing a second of sleep over facing our safeties--well, Brady might have concern about Taylor making some nice plays on some passes.

But their numbers add up to 51

Our secondary matches up w/ the Pats BETTER than any other team the Pats have faced!

We only allow 5.6yds per pass. Dolphins allow 8.9 :(

The Pats have scored 48 and 49pts the last 2 games and have beaten the last 2 opponents by 21pts each.

I don't expect our D to allow anything close to what the last few teams have, as far as passing. On top of that we are 3rd in the league in rush D.

We don't allow YAC and if you notice Brady gets 3-4 tds by the WR getting YAC and then he bombs a couple deep to Moss over 2 defenders.

Well I can't wait to see him bomb a couple deep passes on Taylor deep and when Taylor out jumps Moss and forces the Pats to stay w/ the short game to score, thats when we will be in the game.

To actually beat the Pats we will have to attack downfield and take some chances ourselves.

I belive Gibbs and GW will :shutup: alot of the critics this week.

Heres to the guys in Miami :cheers: b/c they will be able to pop that bottle open this weekend.

Some fans hate on Gibbs when we struggle in the 2nd half of games, what will they hate on when we shock the nfl world and beat the " on " nfls best team and maybe the best team ever if you listen to the media :applause:

We can stop the Pats most deadly threat and thats not Randy Moss, its the YAC.

On top of that we can shutdown the Pats deep game b/c Taylor will have a career day against old Randy Moss and thats basically what the media will be calling Moss after he gets shutout of the endzone for the 1st time this year.

I know some of you are reading this and thinking man this guy is going to be disappointed when his high expectations go crashing down.

Nope, its a game folks, its not the end of the world.

But if I'm right, I can at least say I was 1 of those fans that belive in their team and belive in embracing the underdog role, which is exactly what our team is doing this year.

Oh yeah and the guys that don't like the area 51 nickname are just jealous b/c they could never come up w/ something thats even close to as memorable as that nickname. :2cents:

I think we'll force them underneath and Brady we'll find holes in the zone. Brady is patient, so he'll wait for the big plays to be there before he throws the ball. The onus is on the front four again. Whether we blitz some or not, the front four has to get pressure. If they don't, Brady will dink and dunk all the way down the field if we play 2 deep all day long. I think this game depends on the D line and the health of our O line. This game will actually hold true to the cliche' that the game is "won or lost in the trenches." :2cents:

HTTR

I think we'll force them underneath and Brady we'll find holes in the zone. Brady is patient, so he'll wait for the big plays to be there before he throws the ball. The onus is on the front four again. Whether we blitz some or not, the front four has to get pressure. If they don't, Brady will dink and dunk all the way down the field if we play 2 deep all day long. I think this game depends on the D line and the health of our O line. This game will actually hold true to the cliche' that the game is "won or lost in the trenches." :2cents:

HTTR

While the Pats haven't faced a secondary like the Redskins have....

The Redskins haven't faced on offense as good as the Patriots put on the field.

Fins? Hell no.

Eagles? Nope.

Giants? Not as consistent and I'm a Giants fan!

Lions? Pats have a better QB, better offensive line, better tight end and as a result, a better running game.

Packers? Brett Farve doesn't have the supporting cast Brady does, so nope.

Cardinals? Nope and the Cards still put up 364 yards on the Redskins.

I honestly don't see how any team can defend the passing attack of the Pats. Three WRs that can take it to the house after any route they run. Welker can do it in short yard situations, Stallworth and Moss can do it both on medium routes and deep routes. And the offensive line protects Brady and gives him great time. How do you defend it?

While the Pats haven't faced a secondary like the Redskins have....

The Redskins haven't faced on offense as good as the Patriots put on the field.

Fins? Hell no.

Eagles? Nope.

Giants? Not as consistent and I'm a Giants fan!

Lions? Pats have a better QB, better offensive line, better tight end and as a result, a better running game.

Packers? Brett Farve doesn't have the supporting cast Brady does, so nope.

Cardinals? Nope and the Cards still put up 364 yards on the Redskins.

I honestly don't see how any team can defend the passing attack of the Pats. Three WRs that can take it to the house after any route they run. Welker can do it in short yard situations, Stallworth and Moss can do it both on medium routes and deep routes. And the offensive line protects Brady and gives him great time. How do you defend it?

I can see this thread becoming another 'Of course we can win!' job :doh:

I would like someone to show me where and when someone from NE said that they reckoned this was an easy game, they were already planning for the Colts, that they are underestimating us...cos I cant find this stuff anywhere (maybe their fans mouth off but they arent on the field).

:helmet: :point2sky

I continue to be dumbfounded by comments like these... "of course we can win"... what exactly is incorrect about this statement? There is indeed a chance that we will win. It doesn't matter how slim that possibility is, it still exists. If you are in the "we have no chance to win", then your statement is signficantly more unrealistic since it is an absolute without any other possibility.

I can see this thread becoming another 'Of course we can win!' job :doh:

I would like someone to show me where and when someone from NE said that they reckoned this was an easy game, they were already planning for the Colts, that they are underestimating us...cos I cant find this stuff anywhere (maybe their fans mouth off but they arent on the field).

:helmet: :point2sky

I continue to be dumbfounded by comments like these... "of course we can win"... what exactly is incorrect about this statement? There is indeed a chance that we will win. It doesn't matter how slim that possibility is, it still exists. If you are in the "we have no chance to win", then your statement is signficantly more unrealistic since it is an absolute without any other possibility.

Archived