Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins can beat Pats

wholee

I think our defense can slow down the NE offense. However, it won't matter how good our defense is if we run, run, screen pass on Offense and let them control the clock the whole game. That is exactly what happened in the Giants game, except New England will torch us BAD. If we use the same play calls we were using against the Cardinals I'll f'n cry and puke, and then probably cry some more.

I really think we can beat New England also. The D we are using is perfect against them. We have 7 people in the back field and 4 up front. New England doesn’t have a good running game. They are gonna play right to us. Our biggest challenge is scoring our self. If Campbell can get a rhythm going early, we will when. But if we try to run the ball none stop, we will lose, and if we give New England’s receivers more then a 10 yard cushion, they will move the ball on us very easy. Coaching is either gonna when or lose this game for us.

I don't think there's a defense on the planet that can.

The only thing that will slow down their offense is our offense. We need to completely dominate T.O.P., convert 75%+ on 3rd downs, catch passes, break tackles, and cash every red zone opportunity. If Brady is on the sideline, he can't score. It really sucks having a banged up line, because I think our line at full force can do just that.

Our defense will play well, as it has all year. But if we pull this off, it's because our offense is damn near perfect in terms of playcalling, execution, efficeincy.

I think we can. Brady hasn't faced a defense like ours. I don't think the Pats will score over 27 on us. This will be a close game. I just have a feeling :2cents:

I really hope this is the game we've been holding things back for. I mean, we don't hardly ever blitz and have been pretty blah on offense. The good thing is, if we were in fact holding back on some things so these better teams don't have film to study, this could be the game to let it rip. I agree that it would take a flawless game from us but this would be a good game to throw in some wrinkles.

The Redskins can win this game if they apply pressure on Brady. I'm sure Greg Williams knows that this is the case. Early in the Dallas game, Brady was shaky with pressure, and his passes were way off, and he got sacked twice when he THOUGHT he was going to get hit.

Isn't it unusual that the Redskins didn't blitz Warner at all yesterday? I think it's because they didn't want anything for New England to prepare for. They've saved it for New England. They gambled that they could be Arizona being vanilla on both sides of the ball, and barely did it.

Now the creativity vs New England on Defense AND Offense! This game will be nationally televised and the Redskins want to show everyone how good they are.

Not to mention the Redskins haven't lost to NewEngland (Boston) since 1972!

The Redskins can win this game if they apply pressure on Brady. I'm sure Greg Williams knows that this is the case. Early in the Dallas game, Brady was shaky with pressure, and his passes were way off, and he got sacked twice when he THOUGHT he was going to get hit.

Isn't it unusual that the Redskins didn't blitz Warner at all yesterday? I think it's because they didn't want anything for New England to prepare for. They've saved it for New England. They gambled that they could be Arizona being vanilla on both sides of the ball, and barely did it.

Now the creativity vs New England on Defense AND Offense! This game will be nationally televised and the Redskins want to show everyone how good they are.

They've hardly blitzed all season. Williams' philosophy this year is that if he can generate enough pressure with his front 4, he'd rather do that than leave holes in the secondary. And you don't honestly believe that we altered our gameplan because we wanted to "save" something for a nonconference game do you???

Yes, I do. It's not a "normal" non-conference game. This is all about EGOs! I know his philosophy has been to not blitz this year. He has to change up that strategy and now's the time. That's what happened to them last year. TOO predictable. The blitz isn't going to come from DB's, but LB's. You'll see.

I have no clue how bad this loss is going to be or if it will even be a loss. Its not often in a professional football game that it could be tantamount to a "win" to stay close with this opponent. Seriously, if we lose this game 24-17 with the Jets coming into our house how are ya feeling? I'd probably love it!! That being said, blow out loss, narrow win, whatever happens. . . I am VERY interested in what this coaching staff comes up with to try and play this amazing football team in the patriots. What a challenge!! I really hope we see some creativity. I don't need recklessness that is tantamount to panic at being this overmatched but I'd like to take a hard hitting pressure defense, man up on the recievers, let ST thunder away at them, and get pressure on Brady, if they make the plays, they make the plays bu don't just sit back and watch them score on bombs all day like Miami and the cowboys did. That's just crazy. As for the offense, I know we have to run the ball and try to play a little keep away but heck, we are 16 point dogs, why not try for some big plays down field? Maybe get this game going to half down by less than 10 and come out flying around in the second half for a change! I am a realist and I get that when your a 16 point dog in New England's house you barely hold cedibility when you just say "we can win" without anything more to justify such a statement, but more than anything I am very interested in how this team handles such a daunting task. I wanna see fight. I wanna see heart. I wanna see creativity and confidence. I want us to be more physical than New England and I want us to slug it out with them. We can lose this game and win it at the same time psychologically in my opinion. Steamrolled 38-6 on a pathetic offensive performance is so different than even a 24-14 loss at their place. :point2sky

They beat Dallas. Big whoop. Guess what the combined record of the teams they beat besides Dallas is? 11-27.

So in total they have a 17-28 opponent schedule thus far into the season? Are you kidding me?

Take the colts- their opponents are 16-16, not counting tonight's game, and if they win that will up it to 20-18. If the Colts had played 17-28 opponents, their numbers would look just as gaudy (ours would not, that is a different story).

So. I would like to point out that NE is vastly overrated. (yes yes they are top one of two teams in nfl. I am talking about people saying they are the greatest ever and crap) If they light up our defense in the first half, and go on to beat Indy- then I will start believing this claims of how unbelievably good they are. Yes they are damn good. So is our defense. The key is really if our offense can control time of possession and have our defense rested at the end of the game.

Yes it could be ugly. Just got a feeling .......

if thats the case they have played vanilla all season so far minus the detroit game

Just a reminder...

At the time, we beat the #1 Passing Offense (Detroit Lions)...

Then, at the time, we beat the #1 Passing Offense (Green Bay Packers)...

-we lost the game but we won that battle

Now, we face the Patriots Offense...

We will be alright!

Our line MUST get healthy. If our line is healthy, Gibbs will take more risks and play our kind of football. Our defense needs to revert to the play of the first two weeks. That "bend. don't break" defense. If we can keep the Pats out of the end zone and make them settle for field goals, we can win. But our offense must score points and they must move the ball. That all kinda goes back to our line being out.

This team has a solid chance at beating the patriots. Twice this year, our defense has shut down the top ranked passing offense in the league. And in years past, sean taylor has showed that he has the physical capabilities to hang with randy moss.

The patriots O will have a hard time with our D. The only thing that i see keeping us from winning this game is if our offense gives the patriots good field position by going three and out.

And for all of the fans that are saying that we have absolutely no chance to win this game...

Put your money were your mouth is and don't watch the game since you already know what the outcome is going to be. And if you do end up watching the game, you are one extremely lame arse fan.

All season long I thought we would be the team to nock off the Pats, but after watching our O against Arizona last week, I now have doubts that we will beat the pats. Either way I think we are capable of winning this game, and if we win we will get crazy national coverage and people will respect us alot more and hopefully give our lockerroom alot of confidence...if we loose...its not a big deal. Its kinda like a bye week that you can win if your lucky.

Unless our O line gets healthy and we were actually looking ahead at the Pats thus playing vanilla so the spy cameras don't record anything juicy it is possible that the only way we beat the Patriots is by waiting outside some nightclubs with some err clubs :D

Seriously you never know, that's why they play the game.

And being placed as the 15 point underdog could result in an unexpected result for Vegas and those on the Pats jock.

I love the redskins just as much as anyone on this site..but I have to say I don't see us coming out with a W Sunday....Our o-line is banged up badly on the right side....We can never finish the second half....I didn't like at all the play calling I saw on Sunday..i felt we didnt air the ball out like were capable of....But who knows..anything can....were 4-2..after the pats we got the jets and eagles who are very beatable teams...we'll see what happens...HTTR

Archived