Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 Questions on Packers Game

MCnDaHouse

1. Why didn't we go for the 50yd FG when it was 4th and 2????

2. Why didn't Coach Gibbs challenge the spot of the ball after the 3rd down play?

It was obvious from the replay that he was very close to making the first down. If you're going to take a time out at that point anyway, why not challenge the spot???? If the challenge was won, A QB sneak would likely have gotten the first.

Just 2 things that stuck with me after the game and would like to see some discussion on.

MC :logo:

2. Why didn't Coach Gibbs challenge the spot of the ball after the 3rd down play?

It was obvious from the replay that he was very close to making the first down. If you're going to take a time out at that point anyway, why not challenge the spot???? If the challenge was won, A QB sneak would likely have gotten the first.

Just 2 things that stuck with me after the game and would like to see some discussion on.

C'mon man a 50 yrder in bad conditions? IF we woulda missed, then y'all would be saying that we shoulda stop being conservative and went for it. The better question for that scenerio is why would someone run a route that was short of the first down marker on a fourth and short?

The chances of Suisham making a 50+ yarder in the wet conditions were improbable. At best.

And yeah, Campbell should not have checked down, I'd rather see him tuck it and run or buy time than throw a dink short of the sticks. I hate that, that was Mark Brunell's favorite play for two years. Throwing a dink behind the sticks on 3rd down.

no way suisham makes a 50 yd field goal in them conditions....and i know i was yelling for them to go for it so if he missed im sure alot of people on here would have been complaining about them not going for it....footballs funny if a play doesnt work the media and fans complain about why they didnt do the opposite i know i do all the time.

C'mon man a 50 yrder in bad conditions? IF we woulda missed, then y'all would be saying that we shoulda stop being conservative and went for it. The better question for that scenerio is why would someone run a route that was short of the first down marker on a fourth and short?

I wonder that also. I was screaming WTH ! when I saw that play. Get PAST the damn line when it is 4th down for goodness sake !

Its been said that during warmups Swish couldn't hit from that range, he was falling ten yards short.

To answer your other question, Gibbs definitly should have challenged the spot, Cooley was almost at the 1st down marker. I could not believe they put that ball that far back

The problem with challenging the spot of the ball is you need conclusive visiual evidence of where the ball was, which is very tough to tell in the middle of the field with a lot of players hanging around.

Although, if you're gonna use a timeout anyway, you might as well challenge and talk it over of what play to call, while they are looking at the play. That in my mind was the mistake.

An even better question than that is why would Campbell throw it there? Was that the only place the coaches would let him?

Archived