Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trying Al Saunders Job: Plays I Would Call THIS WEEK VS Cardinals

SkinSabbath

In my opinion, we need to get some more X's and O's talk on this board...

So here's my best shot at choosing some plays that I think will be effective against Arizona this week.

Does anybody else have any thoughts/ideas for plays?

RUN PLAYS:

1) Splitback : FB Off Tackle Lft

VIDEO:

i1259461_splitbackRUNpic1.bmp

In this play we hand off to Betts, who sweeps from right to left. We compensate for our lack of O-Line depth by using a little misdirection, and getting Portis out in front of Betts.

:logo: KEY to EXECUTION: Get Portis out in front quickly, and pull so that we get good MATCHUPS on our blocks. In the video, you see we pull our blocks so that CP blocks the LB, Samuels blocks the DE, and McCardell blocks the Safety)

2)Singleback Strong TE Filp : Off Tackle Weak

VIDEO:

i1259460_SinglebackRunpic1.bmp

On this play Cooley comes in motion, from his WR eligible slot position to just behind the RG. Campbell must time the snap properly, then turn left and hand to Portis.

:logo: KEY to EXECUTION: Cooley's motion allows him to squeeze between the defenders and leak to the left side, ultimately picking up a crucial block on the Safety.

PASS PLAYS:

1)Singleback Strong TE Flip : Post Check (Same formation as the RUN play above)

VIDEO:

i1259459_SingleBackPasspic1.bmp

In this play, the Cardinals (in cover2) FS will be occupied by the routes of Randle El and Portis. The SS will commit to McCardell's route, leaving Moss open one-on-one for the score!

:logo: KEY to EXECUTION: Campbell must look off the SS by watching McCardell, and the O-LINE MUST hold off any LB blitzes

2)Iform 3WR : Quick Slants

VIDEO:

i1259462_iform3WRpic1.bmp

This play will be prefect for those third and medium-long situations. Campbell can watch McCardell either until he is open, or until the safety (playing centerfield) commits. Then he looks left and finds Randle El for the deeper slant.

:logo: KEY to EXECUTION: Jason Campbell MUST continue to make his expert throws and not make any mistakes on this RISKY pass play.

LOL this is a pretty awesome thread with the madden graphics. I am guessing by your username that you hate Campbell and wish Ramsey was still here?

No I love Campbell! But Ramsey was the QB when I joined and you can't change your SN after you choose it.

I still like Ramsey a lot though, and I get to see him play a lot because I live in Denver.

Maybe we can get him back on the team once we ditch Brunell... :2cents:

A double reverse to Moss!!!

Actually, one of the plays I drew up was a toss right to Portis, then reverse to Moss. Sort of a double-misdirection reverse.

fcbce8e643.jpg

It failed miserably though. I know it's only Madden and not real life, but their DLs and LBs always read the play and i never gained a yard.

Archived