Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, What If Romo Throws Four More Picks On Sunday?

tr1

Dallas beat the Colts last year and what did that mean. NOTHING, the Colts still won the superbowl and Dallas lost again in the playoffs. So this game isn't as meaningful as the media is hyping it to be.

If Dallas wins then we can say that the Pats should win the superbowl if your comparing it to what happened last year w/ the Colts.

If Dallas loses, we will still say the Pats should win it all. So, either way Dallas comes out the losers in the end, if things happen the way it seems it should.

Well, this is some serious wishful thinking. :laugh: But at my house there will only be cheering if the four int's translate to a loss :mad: --which they damn well better against NE. Now if such a unlikely scenario turns out to be true, I would love it. :D

...and you can get back to me about the 'wishful thinking'... :D

I am not going to be arrogant enough to make any predictions like that. Ecspecially against a solid D like GB or NE.

and my QB didnt just throw 5 INTs.

Fine line between arrogance and confidence.

I presume when Campbell plays 4 very good games in a row like Romo sits to pee did this season, you'll have the confidence as well.

At least enough to be confident to say he wont have back to back games of 4+ int's. No matter who the opponent.

Heck, I'm confident enough in Campbell right now to say I'd be shocked if he ever has two games in a row of 4+ picks.

I presume when Campbell plays 4 very good games in a row like Romo sits to pee did this season, you'll have the confidence as well.

At least enough to be confident to say he wont have back to back games of 4+ int's. No matter who the opponent.

Heck, I'm confident enough in Campbell right now to say I'd be shocked if he ever has two games in a row of 4+ picks.

I agree that it is a fine line but we are talking about the Pats here. They are known for getting at the ball and if Romo sits to pee was shaken by the Bills secondary then chances are that a well established and fine tuned D like the pats have the same shot.

...and loses...

What kind of reaction will there be?

What will the reaction be? The reaction will be he had a tough game against the best team in football, time to regroup and bounce back next week at home against the Vikings. What should the reaction be? The only place where Romo sits to pee is on thin ice is on this message board. In the rest of the world, he is presiding over a team that's 5-0 with an offense that's #1 in the NFL in total offense and #2 in scoring offense. I'd say he has some margin for error.

My guess is that everyone will say 'It's the Patriots.' And give Romo sits to pee another pass (no pun intended :rolleyes: .)

Which is fine by me. I want to see him when we play the pukes.

:laugh:

"Another pass"? What was the first "pass"? For last week? There's no pass. He had a bad game. But even in a bad game, he still managed to put 25 offensive points on the board. Admittedly, it was the worst offensive output of the year for the Cowboys, but still enough to win most games. Jason Campbell puts 25 offensive points up against Detroit and you guys are running a Conga line for him. I understand, its an offensive high water mark for you guys, whereas its a low water mark for the Cowboys, but still good enough to win. Certainly, the defense stepped up against Buffalo and erased Romo sits to pee's mistakes for him, but the offense still made its contribution. So what "pass"? Did Tom Brady get a "pass" on each of the FIVE times he's thrown 4 picks in a game? No, no pass. Just bad games. Happens sometimes. But when you add it all up, Brady is still the best qb in the league, at least right now. Romo sits to pee has certainly had bad games. And will certainly have more. But on balance, he is clearly one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. No "passes" will be needed.

I agree that it is a fine line but we are talking about the Pats here. They are known for getting at the ball and if Romo sits to pee was shaken by the Bills secondary then chances are that a well established and fine tuned D like the pats have the same shot.

Pats havent forced 4 ints in a game yet.

Couple that with Romo sits to pee coming of a 5 ints game and I just cant see it happening.

But hey, stranger things have happened.

I'm just hoping they wont on Sunday.

What will the reaction be? The reaction will be he had a tough game against the best team in football, time to regroup and bounce back next week at home against the Vikings. What should the reaction be? The only place where Romo sits to pee is on thin ice is on this message board. In the rest of the world, he is presiding over a team that's 5-0 with an offense that's #1 in the NFL in total offense and #2 in scoring offense. I'd say he has some margin for error.

"Another pass"? What was the first "pass"? For last week? There's no pass. He had a bad game. But even in a bad game, he still managed to put 25 offensive points on the board. Admittedly, it was the worst offensive output of the year for the Cowboys, but still enough to win most games. Jason Campbell puts 25 offensive points up against Detroit and you guys are running a Conga line for him. I understand, its an offensive high water mark for you guys, whereas its a low water mark for the Cowboys, but still good enough to win. Certainly, the defense stepped up against Buffalo and erased Romo sits to pee's mistakes for him, but the offense still made its contribution. So what "pass"? Did Tom Brady get a "pass" on each of the FIVE times he's thrown 4 picks in a game? No, no pass. Just bad games. Happens sometimes. But when you add it all up, Brady is still the best qb in the league, at least right now. Romo sits to pee has certainly had bad games. And will certainly have more. But on balance, he is clearly one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. No "passes" will be needed.

you need to stop trying to make the comparisions between Romo sits to pee and Brady. One has 3 rings, one has a great NFL blooper by dropping the ball in a playoff game.

thats why brady gets those passes. he is a proven winner.

Romo sits to pee got a pass because the media needs somebody to build up.

campbell gets hyped up on here because...get ready...its a redskins site. i know its a big shocker but it really is. we are hyping up OUR qb and happy when HE does something good.

Pats havent forced 4 ints in a game yet.

Couple that with Romo sits to pee coming of a 5 ints game and I just cant see it happening.

But hey, stranger things have happened.

I'm just hoping they wont on Sunday.

the bills havent forced anything close to that either. but any given sunday, right?

:cheers:

you need to stop trying to make the comparisions between Romo sits to pee and Brady. One has 3 rings, one has a great NFL blooper by dropping the ball in a playoff game.

I'm quite sure I've never said that Romo sits to pee is better than Brady. For precisely the reason that Brady has three rings. I do think he is already a franchise qb and on course to be a Brady caliber of player. Six years ago, you couldn't argue that Brady was better than, say, Favre, for the very same reason that Brady hadn't won enough. But those arguments were overtaken by events. All I'm saying is that Romo sits to pee is on a course to make the comparisons valid.

thats why brady gets those passes. he is a proven winner.

Romo sits to pee got a pass because the media needs somebody to build up.

I don't know if the media needs somebody to build up. But I do know that if the Cowboys were 0-5 instead of 5-0, the media would be finding somebody else to talk about. But 5-0 catches just about everybody's attention. Understandably, I think. After all, its hard to go 5-0 in the NFL.

campbell gets hyped up on here because...get ready...its a redskins site. i know its a big shocker but it really is. we are hyping up OUR qb and happy when HE does something good.

Fair enough. Your arguments don't have to be grounded in reality. But given that you seem to acknowledge that your hyping of your qb isn't based in reality, you really can't take too much umbrage over others pointing that out, can you?

I'm quite sure I've never said that Romo sits to pee is better than Brady. For precisely the reason that Brady has three rings. I do think he is already a franchise qb and on course to be a Brady caliber of player. Six years ago, you couldn't argue that Brady was better than, say, Favre, for the very same reason that Brady hadn't won enough. But those arguments were overtaken by events. All I'm saying is that Romo sits to pee is on a course to make the comparisons valid.

I never said better, I said comparing. If you are going by what "paths" theyre on, then you can say that Derek Anderson is on the same path as Tony Romo sits to pee. They are both winning and have alot of TDs.

I don't know if the media needs somebody to build up. But I do know that if the Cowboys were 0-5 instead of 5-0, the media would be finding somebody else to talk about. But 5-0 catches just about everybody's attention. Understandably, I think. After all, its hard to go 5-0 in the NFL.

what's funny is you say that but the colts are 5-0 also and you dont hear nearly as much about the greatest QB in the game that you do about Romo sits to pee.

Fair enough. Your arguments don't have to be grounded in reality. But given that you seem to acknowledge that your hyping of your qb isn't based in reality, you really can't take too much umbrage over others pointing that out, can you?

I have said many times that Campbell is not asked to sling the ball around as much as Romo sits to pee is. That is shown by the amount of difference in INTs as well as TDs. I was merely telling you to not question why we would hype up OUR qb and downplay yours.

If Romo sits to pee throws 4 picks and the Cowboys still beat New England, I'd be very scared of the Cowboys. I would expect that if Romo sits to pee throws 4 picks that New England wins and probably big.

With the band-wagon nature of the sports press, it would depend. If Jason Campbell has a game like he had against the Eagles except with no interception and the two missed long balls work, they'll anoint him for the week (even now they're slobbering over him). If Farve has a great game, they'll focus on him for the week. If no one really shines, they'll talk about how stupid it is to anoint someone the next big thing so soon.

I never said better, I said comparing. If you are going by what "paths" theyre on, then you can say that Derek Anderson is on the same path as Tony Romo sits to pee. They are both winning and have alot of TDs.

Romo sits to pee won his first 5 of 6 games with a passer rating through the roof. Anderson is a .500 qb with a passer rating barely in the 80's. No comparison, so far.

what's funny is you say that but the colts are 5-0 also and you dont hear nearly as much about the greatest QB in the game that you do about Romo sits to pee.

I think its the fact that the Cowboys are playing the Pats. 5-0 versus 5-0, for only the 5th time in nfl history. Manning is on a bye this week. Not alot of excitement in that.

I have said many times that Campbell is not asked to sling the ball around as much as Romo sits to pee is. That is shown by the amount of difference in INTs as well as TDs. I was merely telling you to not question why we would hype up OUR qb and downplay yours.

I'll put aside for now the reason that Campell "is not asked to sling the ball around" and grant that he had a good game last week. My only point in response to the OP was that 25 points is considered an offensive explosion for you guys, but something that Romo sits to pee "needs a pass" for when it comes to us.

According to Cowboys logic, all GREAT qbs have that 4-5 turnover(Romo sits to pee is beyond great w/ that 6 turnover game) game.

So when or if Campbell ever has that kind of game, he will be well on his way to GREATNESS! :cheers:

All kidding aside, I don't see Campbell EVER having 2 TERRIBLE games in row b/c 4+turnovers in a game is terrible for any qb.

Romo sits to pee won his first 5 of 6 games with a passer rating through the roof.

You're a funny man, DCDave.

Romo sits to pee started his string last year on fire...you do remember, yes? And then what happened? Lost to New Orleans, lost to the Eagles and lost to the Lions...and then lost to Seattle in the playoffs.

The bottom fell out...going into the playoff game, the big question was "Which Romo sits to pee will show up"... :laugh:

But, Garrett's game planning is obvious to everyone now...and Romo sits to pee's tendencies are obvious as well.

Romo sits to pee will struggle against talented defenses because he doesn't have the patience to do what it takes to win. He takes unnecessary chances...

When a fan gets to the point where he's holding his breath when the qb goes back to pass, that's when it's no fun to be a fan.

I suspect you'll be at that point soon.

Archived