Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN Blog: Bill Belichick on the 'Boys

ABQCOWBOY

I did not see this posted so, thought I would post it. If this is a duplicate, my appoligies. Please merge or lock down accordingly.

Bill on the 'Boys

Here's Bill Belichick's take on the Cowboys (he kinda likes them):

They’re an impressive football team, they really do everything well. They’re very physical on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Statistically, just about any stat you want, they’ve got. They can run the ball, they throw it, they make big plays, they turn the ball over, they sack the quarterback, they’ve got the most interceptions in the league. You can just go right down the line. They’ve got a lot of great players.

Defensively, they’re outstanding up front, they’re physical, the linebackers run well, they have playmakers in the secondary, led by Newman – who they got back last week – and Williams.

Offensively, the offensive line is as big and powerful and explosive as any I’ve seen in a long time, with Adams and Davis and Gurode. They’re very powerful. The tight ends, Witten’s a great player, probably the best all-around tight end that I’ve seen in a long. Romo sits to pee’s a very athletic quarterback. The play against St. Louis, where they snapped the ball over his head and he’s running around 35 yards behind the line of scrimmage and scrambled and got the first down kind of epitomizes his playmaking ability. Both backs are outstanding, Barber’s having a terrific year, he’s real hard to tackle. Both of them are good in the passing game. And of course, they’ve got a lot of big play receivers. You can’t underestimate guys like Crayton and Hurd, just because they’ve got T.O.

They’re good in the kicking game, I think you saw that Monday night with a couple big kicks at the end. They cover well, Davis and Watkins and those guys are hard to handle. And they return the ball well. So they’re a complete team, they’re solid all-around, they’re well-coached. Wade has a very sound fundamental football team. They don’t give you much. You gotta earn it and they haven’t given up much. It’ll be a challenge ahead of us this week.

Posted by Albert Breer at 11:21 AM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Do the Patriots have a chance to win?

I don't think so after listening to Bill Belichick.

"I think that they are impressive in every phase of the game," Belichick said of the Cowboys.

"Offensively they have a great offensive line, the tight ends are good, the running backs are good, the receivers are good, the quarterback's athletic. They've been able to throw the ball down the field, they've had a lot of catch-and-run plays, good on third down, good running the ball. They've been able to run out the clock on a couple of teams that hang on to it during the fourth quarter, get the ball away, run when they had to run it, they've been good inside, close to the goal line, been able to get the ball in.

"So, think they're an outstanding offensive football team, they're just as good on the defensive side of the ball. They haven't given up anything the last couple of weeks. They can rush the passer, they can stop the run, turn the ball over, a lot of interceptions, play sound defense. They're well-coached, they're tough, strong on the line of scrimmage, they pursue well. They've got a lot of great players and they're very well coached.

"They've got a good football team. They pretty much do everything well. That's why they're 5-0."

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 11:16 AM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

He is a smart coach and is not going to give the cowboys any locker room tidbits to hang on the wall

Of course. However, he is pointing out facts as well. I do not buy into this whole bake sale Mumbles is trying to put on but I do think there is truth to what he has said thus far. The truth is that New England's front 7 is dominating. In fact, both sides of the line are pretty dang good. If he Cowboys OL can stop there DL, the Cowboys have a very good chance of winning. That's a big if IMO. New England's defensive line is extremely good. It will be a tall order for the Cowboys OL IMO. We will see.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess the Pats are not even going to show up this weekend. I guess the players can take the weekend off and hang out with their families.

Yeah, ok. Keep drinking Belichick's coolaid.

I think the competition will be which team cheats more than the other.

Belichek said these same things about the Browns as well.

He is like Gibbs and will never say a bad thing about a team.

ABQCOWBOY, I am not saying the Cowboys aren't good, but to think he is even speaking anything he feels, is naive. Just because he has said almost the exact same things about every other team they have played.

Belichek said these same things about the Browns as well.

He is like Gibbs and will never say a bad thing about a team.

ABQCOWBOY, I am not saying the Cowboys aren't good, but to think he is even speaking anything he feels, is naive. Just because he has said almost the exact same things about every other team they have played.

As I posted earlier, I don't believe Mumbles for a second. However, he is stating fact in much of the statistical statements he has made. I don't believe he thinks the Pats should just not show up. That's not what I'm saying.

I do think that it's interesting, however, that Wade Phillips has a 75% winning percentage against Mumbles. He's 3-1, I believe, as a head coach head to head. I also think it's important to understand that Garrett also came from the same division (Miami) and enjoyed success, relatively speaking, against NE. They were 2-2 against NE while Garrett was with Miami. I'm hoping he learned a thing or two about the Pats.

Listen, I'm not kidding myself here. I believe NE is one of the top two teams in the NFL. I don't know if we can beat them because I believe that there front 7 is probably the best in football. Having said that, there on the schedule this week so we're showing up.

As I posted earlier, I don't believe Mumbles for a second. However, he is stating fact in much of the statistical statements he has made. I don't believe he thinks the Pats should just not show up. That's not what I'm saying.

I do think that it's interesting, however, that Wade Phillips has a 75% winning percentage against Mumbles. He's 3-1, I believe, as a head coach head to head. I also think it's important to understand that Garrett also came from the same division (Miami) and enjoyed success, relatively speaking, against NE. They were 2-2 against NE while Garrett was with Miami. I'm hoping he learned a thing or two about the Pats.

Listen, I'm not kidding myself here. I believe NE is one of the top two teams in the NFL. I don't know if we can beat them because I believe that there front 7 is probably the best in football. Having said that, there on the schedule this week so we're showing up.

I understand what your saying. I agree, that this game will be very competitive and close. I guess I just missed your comments stating you don't believe BB.

Oh and also, Garret wasn't calling plays in Miami. And Phillips is 3-1, but hasn't coached against BB's top NE teams.

I understand what your saying. I agree, that this game will be very competitive and close. I guess I just missed your comments stating you don't believe BB.

Oh and also, Garret wasn't calling plays in Miami. And Phillips is 3-1, but hasn't coached against BB's top NE teams.

Your correct about Garrett. He was not the OC but was the QB coach in Miami. This is why I said I hoped that he learned something in his time there.

Interestingly enough, Phillips is not 3-1 against Mumbles but is actually 4-2. I didn't know this till after I had posted but I do hope that this trend holds. Either way, I expect NE to be a tough match up for us. Heck, Randy Moss alone has been the bain of our existance for years. That guy has always had a woody for the Cowboys and it goes back to the draft in which we did not take him. Since then, he has taken every opportunity to tourch us and make certain we are aware of the conciquences of that decision. He will be a tough match up for us but, the game is on the schedule so we might as well show up and play.

This sounds like a Gibbs presser when discussing another team...

I'd say Bill sees a reckless qb, a poor running attack, awful dbs and a risk-it-all defensive style.

I'd say Bill sees a win.

I was about to say, this sounds just like Gibbs talking about the Lions last week or the 49ers in 2005.

Archived