Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AFC teams (and a little Madden '08 talk added in)

SlinginSammy HOF '63

...but I'm pulling for the Ravens to hang on in this game. Anytime an AFC team beats one our conference members it's a good thing. Especially if we have to fight for a wildcard spot. Go Ravens...at least for 3 more minutes.

I played Baltimore on Madden last night and McGahee rushed for 304 yards against me. :doh: I guess when I set the setting to All Madden level and amped up the CPU rushing, passing and blocking I should have seen it coming.

...but I'm pulling for the Ravens to hang on in this game. Anytime an AFC team beats one our conference members it's a good thing. Especially if we have to fight for a wildcard spot. Go Ravens...at least for 3 more minutes.

I played Baltimore on Madden last night and McGahee rushed for 304 yards against me. :doh: I guess when I set the setting to All Madden level and amped up the CPU rushing, passing and blocking I should have seen it coming.

I hear that. All AFC Teams over NFC regardless of the stipulation.

Sometimes, the computer just decides there is no way in hell you are going to win. Let me tell you about my last game, it was week 17 in 2015, the Eagles were already 13-3 and threatening to end my division title streak. All I had to do was beat the 6-9 Bills with a 20th ranked offense and 25th ranked defense on the road. Simple, right? I won 66-63 in overtime. :rolleyes: Freaking Chris Simms nearing age 40 was their QB!

It was the most completely insane game I have ever played.:laugh: My defense suddenly fell off the face of the earth (not one stop!) and my special teams gave up two return TDs. Thankfully, a 33-year old JC set the NFL single game passing yardage record and put up 5TDs. My rookie Kicker also got his 4th game winner on the year. An off the street FA WR with 98 speed filled in nicely for my 99 speed guy on those desperate deep balls but I mostly just went with shorter passes to Cooley, my other TE, and Santana's little brother.

The computer did everything it possibly could to make me lose but what it didn't account for was my psychotic hatred for Philly, I would NOT let them win the division. It was bad enough that they beat me once and were aiming at going undefeated until they came to my house.

Sometimes, the computer just decides there is no way in hell you are going to win. Let me tell you about my last game, it was week 17 in 2015, the Eagles were already 13-3 and threatening to end my division title streak. All I had to do was beat the 6-9 Bills with a 20th ranked offense and 25th ranked defense on the road. Simple, right? I won 66-63 in overtime. :rolleyes: Freaking Chris Simms nearing age 40 was their QB!

It was the most completely insane game I have ever played.:laugh: My defense suddenly fell off the face of the earth (not one stop!) and my special teams gave up two return TDs. Thankfully, a 33-year old JC set the NFL single game passing yardage record and put up 5TDs. My rookie Kicker also got his 4th game winner on the year. An off the street FA WR with 98 speed filled in nicely for my 99 speed guy on those desperate deep balls but I mostly just went with shorter passes to Cooley, my other TE, and Santana's little brother.

The computer did everything it possibly could to make me lose but what it didn't account for was my psychotic hatred for Philly, I would NOT let them win the division. It was bad enough that they beat me once and were aiming at going undefeated until they came to my house.

Yeah I hate those games where the comp doesnt want to lose. Of course I still win those games but it gets crazy sometimes

I'm in my 2008 season. This is the first time I have ever played All Madden level with the computer's AI completely amped up. Even though it's frustrating at least it is interesting. Right now CP is out for 9 weeks with a bum shoulder and JC out with broken ribs. My RB is a rookie, my backup QB is Boller and my #3 WR is also a rook. I'm 3-2. Last night played a couple of games. Beat the Seahawks 34-7 then lost 36-32 to Arizona.

Archived