Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana Moss, Injuries Status vs Lions

SkinsBoss

I did a search for this and can't find anything. Anybody know if Santana will be starting on Sunday?

Also, any other updates on injuries to Taylor and Portis?

I really hope Moss is healthy, while I think Caldwell is capable, I'm not really sold on McCardell and I really don't want to see Thrash anywhere aside from special teams.

I did a search for this and can't find anything. Anybody know if Santana will be starting on Sunday?

Also, any other updates on injuries to Taylor and Portis?

I really hope Moss is healthy, while I think Caldwell is capable, I'm not really sold on McCardell and I really don't want to see Thrash anywhere aside from special teams.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Posted at 3:49 PM ET, 10/ 4/2007

Portis Says He Is Playing/Moss Not Looking Good

That pretty much says it all.

Lloyd sat out practice with a bruised shin, leading to lots of raised eyebrows. This thing with him won't end well, but we already knew that, right?

Given how the season has gone I could see him perhaps being in no hurry to get back on the practice field, and several of his teammtes believe that to be the case.

Thrash will start for Moss - he says the coaches told him to be ready to play the Z Sunday if Moss can't go - and McCardell and Caldwell expect to be active.

Posted by Jason La Canfora | Permalink | Comments (118)

Other Blogs' Comments: Technorati talk bubble Technorati

Posted at 12:50 PM ET, 10/ 4/2007

No Lloyd or Moss

Brandon Lloyd was not on the field for practice at all and Santana Moss was still in no pads doing running and agility on his own and not taking part.

Can't say it looks good for them to play this weekend, but we shall see. Waiting to see what the coaches and trainers have to say after practice.

The Skins had 4 WRs working in practice - Thrash, Randle El, McCardell and Caldwell - and it looks more and more like the two new guys will play. Even is Santana can go, you have to figure they dress at least 5 WRS, given that Santana will be less than 100 percent and could have trouble even getting through the game.

I would be pretty shocked if Santana plays at all, and we'll have to see what they say about Lloyd later on.

As for Portis, he was working away and he's supposed to talk to us later today as well.

Have a webchat starting at 1 on Washingtonpost.com. See ya there.

Posted by Jason La Canfora | Permalink | Comments (123)

Posted at 4:30 PM ET, 10/ 3/2007

Injuries

It will be up to Santana when he returns to practice, Gibbs said.

Clinton took limited work but is expected to play, Gibbs said.

Lloyd got kicked in the shin and had to miss part of practice, but X-Rays were negative.

Sean Taylor missed part of practice with his bruised knee but he'll play, everyone says.

Fred Smoot came back to practice fully after missing a few weeks with his hamstring injury.

Me, personally, I am day-to-day with undisclosed bumps and bruises.

Posted by Jason La Canfora | Permalink | Comments (210)

Posted at 2:37 PM ET, 10/ 3/2007

Moss Not Looking Good

Santana Moss (left groin) tried to job a bit and do some agility drills, but was not moving smoothly and after a few minutes of work on the sidelines in shorts and a t-shirt during practice he had to stop and get the groin iced down, then retreated to the training room.

Hard to see him turning that around in time to play this weekend - and I al already wondering about Week 6 as well - but never say never.

RB Clinton Portis (knee) was back in pads and doing some work and from what I gather the plan was for him to at least take part in some 7 on 7 drills.

We'll see what all parties have to say after practice.

Posted by Jason La Canfora | Permalink | Comments (86)

is it safe to say yet that Brandon Lloyd signing might be the worst ever in the Joe Gibbs regime?

In response to prior post,.......I'd love to know how Lloyd got injured to....it must be all the money weighing him down, that's hurting his shins. Poor GUY.....I just hope we cut him soon!

Taylor wont need injections he is a warrior. If I know Portis....he'll be out there full throttle like nothings wrong. Im staying confident that Moss will play... cuz its only thursday hes got time to rest it and heal up a bit. If he is unable to go, I feel that we have many guys who are capable. Thrash doesnt have the speed that Moss has but he cant move the chains same with McCardell and Caldwell. I think ARE given the opportunity can be a legitimate deep threat hes already proved that week one and he showed flashed of that last year. I believe if they allow Cooley the opportunity to get involved in the passing game he will come up big for us. But all that said...the lions are going to get a heavy dose of Clinton and Ladell. Smash mouth football baby...HAIL

is it safe to say yet that Brandon Lloyd signing might be the worst ever in the Joe Gibbs regime?

In response to prior post,.......I'd love to know how Lloyd got injured to....it must be all the money weighing him down, that's hurting his shins. Poor GUY.....I just hope we cut him soon!

No, that would be Archuletta. At least Lloyd was able to be a # 1 WR in SF - Archuletta wasn't a starting calibur (at least in terms of coverage) S in years.

ahh, Thrash is terrible. yes he is hard working, yes he is a classy guy, yes he is a good locker room presence, yes he is good at special teams. He is not a number 1or 2, and is hardly a number 3. and I will be furious to see him at 1 or Z or whatever its called. They have no secondary, but a fairly good front seven. ahhh... I dont like this already.

Archived