Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Mahr

ClemsSC7Skinfan

Agreed...

Maher destroys democrats on his show. I am a democrat and just for sake of balance I would love to see Ann Coulter get a show.

Boy that would make for some interesting TV

The only thing Maher destroys Democrats for is being spineless and not standing up for what he (Maher) believes in.

Very similar to how Rush Limbaugh "destorys" Republicans on his show for the same thing.

To claim that either show is in some way balanced is laughably absurd. Both are just bitter, lonely old white men.

So Italian gangstas who are very much alive and committing crimes daily are entertaining but black or hispanic gangs (without TV shows) are a menace to society.

Perspective is something isn't it?

Just a note to mention that entertainment glorifying gang violence is FAR more popular, prevelant, and available with regard to black and hispanic gangs. For every Goodfellas, there's been a Boyz in tha Hood. For every Sopranos, there's been The Wire. I mean, the most popular gang movie of all time to this generation is Scarface, who portrayed Hispanic gang violence (even if the guy playing him was an Italian... lol)

But the Italian gang personification doesn't even TOUCH the world of popular music, where the most popular and successful artists in an entire genre did nothing but promote gang violence.

(And I love all gangsta rap, gang movies- Italian, black, Hispanic, whatever- etc. I'm just saying, you don't see Italians going platinum unless they're opera singers.)

Bill Mahr used to have a more balanced panel(s) on his show, but honestly I think the fact of the matter is, it is harder and harder to find even republicans who can come on the show to defend Bush's policies, so they just decline the invitation. Sometimes on the show Mahr even pleads with conservatives to come on the show so there can be more balance. He still does plenty of the satellite interviews with republicans before the panel comes out, so he does give conservatives a forum.

Even though I am a Lefty McLeftstein, I did enjoy the show in it's first couple of seasons more because the panel was more balanced, but I also have to understand the situation we are in today, and with how low the President's approval rating is, no politician worth a damn is going to come on to that show to defend his policies. Especially right now when the Iraq War is going to be the dominant issue that is talked about.

Archived