Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching changes??

mikalax2

I'm soo sick of hearing people say Gibbs is done and needs be replaced. I am also very frusterated with his conservative style in this age of football. I think there is an easy solution, but am afraid it may be too late.

The solution......Hand over the offense to Saunders...Not most of it....ALLL of it. Gibbs would still be a wonderfull head coach because of his motivational skills and his micro managing, but the O needs to be in the hands of the guy who has had success in the past decade.

We brought Al in because he and Gibbs had ties back in the day in the same system and because he had huge success the past five + years.

Then when we gave him control it didn't work out great right away so people think it was a failure and need to go back to Joe Gibbs football, running all the time.

Everyone forgets that AL was all about the run the past 5 years. People make it seem like he is pass happy.

Well he isnt. He just differs with Gibbs in the "Pass to open the run" while gibbs trys to "run to open the pass".

I think in this age of football, Saunders system is better. Teams will stack 8 in the box now and force you to beat them with the pass. Well if they do that, why would we want to run on first and second down all the time. Saunders wants to stretch the feild early so the safteys are back and then run all over you. It works. There is a learning curve which affected last year, and there was a QB that couldnt stretch the feild. Now they should know the system and have a young QB with a big arm so we should let Al take control.

I would love it if Gibbs signed an extension, but truley gave Al the O and GW the D (as he did from the start). Gibbs is better than both of them as the head coach. He is great with the players, and can keep the team's mindset right. But when it comes to the X's and O's give it to the coordinators that you are paying soo much for.

I truley believe that with our coaches and players we could look better than Dallas right now. Our D looks greast (minus one half), but our O is run by someone who is too scared to make a mistake that it isnt agressive at all. We can't just keep our eyes on the clock when we have a lead, we need to attack teams when they are down. We need the killer instinct that I believe Al brings.

I love Joe, but he's got to give up the O.

Sorry for the rant, and probably same post you've seen 100 times.

HAIL.

Jeez. Last year everyone screamed for Gibbs to take back the play calling...

This year everyone's screaming for him to give it back.

*sigh*

Last year people were overreacting way too early. It was foolish for them to believe he would come in here and make us a top notch offense right off the bat. It takes time to learn the system and to gell.

We have the pieces and we have the system that has had great success in the past. Why wont we use it.

The solution......Hand over the offense to Saunders...Not most of it....ALLL of it. Gibbs would still be a wonderfull head coach because of his motivational skills and his micro managing, but the O needs to be in the hands of the guy who has had success in the past decade.

Gibbs doesn't necessarily have to give up playcalling. He needs to trust the guys we have and get over than conventional and conservative style of football. There's no excuse for us not being able to throw points on the board. I know we have significant injuries to the OLine, but that shouldn't hinder us or criple us too bad. JG needs to play more aggressive and not get complacent, ditto for G.Williams.

You STILL don't get it. Al Saunders IS calling the plays and running the offense. This is it boys - this is the vaunted Al Saunders offense in action.

His offense needs WRs who can get off the line and run after the catch. His offense needs a QB with an accurate arm. When you have that, you hit the WRs quickly in stride and they run for 20 yards or so. What you have when you only have one WR who can get off the line and a QB who lacks accuracy is a bunch of check downs, three yard pass plays, and bewilderment.

We need to go back to Joe Gibbs' offense and get rid of Saunders. Or, dump our sorry-ass WRs and get a QB who can hit guys in stride.

Hail,

H

It doesnt really matter who calls the plays, but if you pay a guy $2.5 million/yr, it'd be nice if he did something. We just need to play Redskins football, and by that I mean run the ball 30-35 times a game (we didn't sign Betts for JUST Portis insurance).

If we run the ball the way we should, teams won't be able to stop us. It's as simple as that! Bring JC along slowly by letting Portis, Betts, and Sellers do what they do---RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!

I'm in agreeance here. Gibbs needs to give up the O' not the team. When it is Gibbs' time to go...promote from within.

I new it wouldn't be that easy for the offense to gel in a new system when Saunders came in regardless who started at QB. I agree the transition should have been more gradual in order for us to be a success but this year it's time for Gibbs to give it up. The players have one full year and two training camps under their belt in Al's playbook. LET IT LOOSE!!!

Campbell needs to settle down and complete the intermediate passes too. That may have made a big difference in these games.

You STILL don't get it. Al Saunders IS calling the plays and running the offense. This is it boys - this is the vaunted Al Saunders offense in action.

His offense needs WRs who can get off the line and run after the catch. His offense needs a QB with an accurate arm. When you have that, you hit the WRs quickly in stride and they run for 20 yards or so. What you have when you only have one WR who can get off the line and a QB who lacks accuracy is a bunch of check downs, three yard pass plays, and bewilderment.

We need to go back to Joe Gibbs' offense and get rid of Saunders. Or, dump our sorry-ass WRs and get a QB who can hit guys in stride.

Hail,

H

Who told you Al was calling the plays? Its a mixture of both and Gibbs has the final say so. But you are right about Campbell. Like I said before he needs to settle down and complete those intermediate passess. Alot of the passes that are completed the receiver either dives for it or they're too high and the receiver gets punished.

Hey whats up guys a little off topic but..i have been a member for prob about 2 years, and now i cant seem to be able to post new threads..does anyone know what to do or who to msg so i can get thos priveledges back?

Thanks.

PM one of the mods and stop posting ridiculous threads would be my best guess. :)

Jeez. Last year everyone screamed for Gibbs to take back the play calling...

This year everyone's screaming for him to give it back.

*sigh*

Yep. Sad isn't it. Makes you wonder what Gibbs is thinking when he says the Redskins have the "smartest" football fans. :doh:

I'm in agreeance here. Gibbs needs to give up the O' not the team. When it is Gibbs' time to go...promote from within.

I new it wouldn't be that easy for the offense to gel in a new system when Saunders came in regardless who started at QB. I agree the transition should have been more gradual in order for us to be a success but this year it's time for Gibbs to give it up. The players have one full year and two training camps under their belt in Al's playbook. LET IT LOOSE!!!

Campbell needs to settle down and complete the intermediate passes too. That may have made a big difference in these games.

Transition, sransition. Other teams have ran this offense successfully in the same amount of time that we have had it and with less talent. It's time for us to take the muzzles off, open the gates and let the dogs loose...sort of speak.

I'm soo sick of hearing people say Gibbs is done and needs be replaced. I am also very frusterated with his conservative style in this age of football. I think there is an easy solution, but am afraid it may be too late.

We brought Al in because he and Gibbs had ties back in the day in the same system and because he had huge success the past five + years.

Then when we gave him control it didn't work out great right away so people think it was a failure and need to go back to Joe Gibbs football, running all the time.

Everyone forgets that AL was all about the run the past 5 years. People make it seem like he is pass happy.

Well he isnt. He just differs with Gibbs in the "Pass to open the run" while gibbs trys to "run to open the pass".

I think in this age of football, Saunders system is better. Teams will stack 8 in the box now and force you to beat them with the pass. Well if they do that, why would we want to run on first and second down all the time. Saunders wants to stretch the feild early so the safteys are back and then run all over you. It works. There is a learning curve which affected last year, and there was a QB that couldnt stretch the feild. Now they should know the system and have a young QB with a big arm so we should let Al take control.

I would love it if Gibbs signed an extension, but truley gave Al the O and GW the D (as he did from the start). Gibbs is better than both of them as the head coach. He is great with the players, and can keep the team's mindset right. But when it comes to the X's and O's give it to the coordinators that you are paying soo much for.

I truley believe that with our coaches and players we could look better than Dallas right now. Our D looks greast (minus one half), but our O is run by someone who is too scared to make a mistake that it isnt agressive at all. We can't just keep our eyes on the clock when we have a lead, we need to attack teams when they are down. We need the killer instinct that I believe Al brings.

I love Joe, but he's got to give up the O.

Sorry for the rant, and probably same post you've seen 100 times.

HAIL.

Joe Gibbs is nothing more than a MANAGER! Face the facts... Put him up in the owner's box and make him team president and let someone else steer this ship!

No head coach should be down on his knees with his head down during a field goal.... Period.

Gibbs is done when he feels like being done...period...he has earned that respect

Then I hope you are ready to keep losing... Cuz thats where we are headed with Gibbs as head coach, holding us back...

At least Schottenheimer could go 8-8 with MUCH MUCH less talent!

I think you underestimate Coach Gibbs.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! UNDERESTIMATE??? What is there to underestimate? This is his fourth year here...has anything significantly changed??

NO!!!!!

So no I do not think Gibbs will get the job done...nor do I think he is the answer! I want a guy who is HUNGRY, who will take chances.... Not someone who will always let the "game come down to the wire"

Underestimate...HA! I will never UNDER estimate a coach who gets down on his knees with his head down every time the game is on the line... I want a coach who will stand up tall and be STRONG in those situations...for the TEAM'S sake.

Archived