Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Profootballweekly.com on Greg Ellis

doncherry

Normally I have no problem with your posting, 77, and think you "do football" fine. :)

If I judge that you (or any of your fellows) appear to be randomly engaging in piling on by jumping into an argument that you're not reasonably invested in, mainly just to give it to a 'skins fan, you may lose your posting privileges. :)

My suggestion to you (and all rival fans): just adhere closely to what you wrote above. They're your words and if you live by them you'll never goi wrong on ES. It's definitely your best work in our exchange. :)

I know some visitors are tired of seeing this below, but I consider it helping to minimize deportations.

From the fourm rules: So please be advised that it’s likely you will encounter, from time to time, critical, disparaging and even mean-spirited statements about things related to your chosen football team. It’s what we do here. And when there is a presumption to be given, it will be given to a Redskins fan.

Do enjoy your stay here---but please make the effort to avoid letting that interfere with our ability to enjoy your stay here.

The problem is is that a lot of times its not simply just mean-spirited banter about an opponents' team, it ends up being personal insults directed at the posters. Which leads to responses in kind.

The problem is is that a lot of times its not simply just mean-spirited banter about an opponents' team, it ends up being personal insults directed at the posters. Which leads to responses in kind.

This is the night where cowboys fans unpack their “obvious box” and share with me . :)

Though you are no stranger here, I am here far more often and to a much more involved degree, reading far, far more threads and posts. I am far more aware of the landscape and the situations relevant to this site than you, and though your comment isn’t wrong, it’s relatively pointless.

I typed that because I found it odd you wouldn't have realized it, and, instead, somehow felt it on point to “tell” me “what the problem is”.

What you describe is part of what sometimes is "a" problem. Our problems in ATN lately number more than one. A Redskins fan will always get more leeway in slamming a cowboy fan who has decided to come here cheering/celebrating his ‘boyness’, even if that Redskin fan becomes “mean” and insulting (up to a point). :)

The rival fan is without that extra slack and is told right up front he is at risk and yields any benefit of the doubt. I find myself yet again further explaining what should be gathered from what I already wrote, and has been posted many times by various staff, but that’s ok. :)

Here’s another point getting tiresome to make: If cowboy fans expect credit, respect, acceptance, or even full equality, you’re in the wrong place and lobbying too hard for it can put you across the troll line—so can too much celebrating of all things cowboy. And any of that “warm n fuzzy” that you do get should be considered gravy. The truth is, you actually do get a fair amount of positive recognition, however grudgingly, in ATN. :)

We've been very kind to many cowboy visitors in particular lately, and their attitudes and posting behaviors---enforcing penalties in only a few instances. In the spirit of lively action, we have declined many heartfelt requests from people we know and like to do more. :)

When rival fans behave with a modicum of savvy and common sense, they have no problem here with staff, and enjoy plenty of leeway to represent their team. We just seem to have a lot of cowboy fans lately with serious boundary issues. :)

Sometimes, when people go looking for love in the WRONG places, they end up getting VD.

Archived