Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going to my first Redskins Game!

JasonCampbell177

Congrats!

The first game that I can remember was also against the Lions. I was 8 years old (1968) and thought the stadium was the biggest thing I had ever seen. Can't tell you much about the actual game from direct memory (who did what for how much) but my Dad wore a sport coat and tie and mom wore a dress. We bought winter coats, gloves and caps for the game because it was so cold and we were from Florida and didn't normally need such things.

We sat very close to the field, directly behind our bench and after the game we went down the tunnel to meet a couple of players. Could tell you who we met but I only know because it's a family story not because I remember them. The atmosphere is a lot noisier now than it was then at NFL games and was much more refined. At least that's how I remember it. I would never take my 10 year old (daughter) to a game now but have been to many here in Jax, Atl, Miami, Tampa Bay and a couple in DC, with my son and older daughter (after she moved into High School). Our actions as fans at games now are probably reminiscent of the Romans at the Coliseum.

Thanks for jilting the memory.

:)

I wish I had gone to a game at RFK. Watching nationals games and United games and seeing the stands bounce up and down give me chill bumps, even though the Redskins have been long gone. I still look around to imagine past glory at that building.

My first game was the Bears game in 1999. It was 48-22. I sat in the lower level like 12 rows from the field. It was awesome. Beautiful day...beautiful game.... Got to see my hero Darrell Green play. When I walked into the stadium that day I thought it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw.

make sure you have your friends' phone #s at home to call for replay details (challenges, touchdowns, pretty much any play you'd wanna see a replay for otherwise you'll have to wait 'til sportscenter later). go to the bathroom before the game starts, even if you're a dude. bring tons of cash. leave your judgment at the door, as most will be sloshed. sprint to your car when it's all over.

on the bright side, expect to be PSYCHED to see the 'skins in person. it always makes up for the crapfest that is Fedex field. :cool:

While not my first game, it will be my first home game.

Enjoy it guys, because I know I will :cool:

My first game was Skins /Giants at Yankee stadium, 1971.

Hey Pete hope to see you at the Tailgate. I'll be down this weekend as well. :cheers:

Congrats!

The first game that I can remember was also against the Lions. I was 8 years old (1968) and thought the stadium was the biggest thing I had ever seen. Can't tell you much about the actual game from direct memory (who did what for how much) but my Dad wore a sport coat and tie and mom wore a dress. We bought winter coats, gloves and caps for the game because it was so cold and we were from Florida and didn't normally need such things.

We sat very close to the field, directly behind our bench and after the game we went down the tunnel to meet a couple of players. Could tell you who we met but I only know because it's a family story not because I remember them. The atmosphere is a lot noisier now than it was then at NFL games and was much more refined. At least that's how I remember it. I would never take my 10 year old (daughter) to a game now but have been to many here in Jax, Atl, Miami, Tampa Bay and a couple in DC, with my son and older daughter (after she moved into High School). Our actions as fans at games now are probably reminiscent of the Romans at the Coliseum.

Thanks for jilting the memory.

:)

My first game was against the Lions at RFK in 1970. The Lions came into the game at 3-0, but the Redskins won.

I don't remember much else about the game, except that I got a bobbing-head Redskin with a spear helmet, which I still have today. I remember thinking I got leftover goods because it didn't have the yellow "R" helmet, which was in its first season.

My first game was against the Lions at RFK in 1970. The Lions came into the game at 3-0, but the Redskins won.

I don't remember much else about the game, except that I got a bobbing-head Redskin with a spear helmet, which I still have today. I remember thinking I got leftover goods because it didn't have the yellow "R" helmet, which was in its first season.

Apparently I had the opportunity (so I've been told) to fly up for that game in 1970 also. Apparently my mom objected because we had just started school a few weeks earlier and would have had to miss the Monday after to travel back. As I remember the story from the family, she had said something to the effect of "They've already seen the Lions play so they don't need to see them again." Didn't make any difference to me because I didn't know any of this at the time. Since I became a tax-paying adult, I have seen the Redskins play at least once in every stadium they have played in. We have such great memeories of our team, do we not?

:cheers:

Archived