Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GrimReefa's thoughtful, insightful, detailed, and provocative week 2 reflections

GrimReefa

As frustrating as the week 1 game was, this was simply pure enjoyment. Oh, sure, we would have liked to see that long TD pass at the end connect, but the way the defense was playing, we also knew that Philly wasn't coming in, not this night.

Anybody who still doesn't think that Jason Campbell is going to be a great quarterback is a twit. Did you hear Steve Young talking him up? Steve freaking Young (best QB of all time, for my money)!

That was a fumble. All I'm saying about that.

The defense was extremely exciting today. How about 3 sacks of Donovan McNabb, including one by Rocky McIntosh and another that LaRon Landry got half-credit for?

And speaking of Landry, Kevin Curtis: you got jacked up!

And so did Brian Dawkins. The only way that Brian Dawkins knocking himself silly tackling Yoder could have possibly been better was if it was Cooley he was trying to tackle.

Once again, the Redskins were awesome on third down, converting over 50% of their opportunities (8/15), while holding Philly to a 25% conversion rate (4/16). Time of Possession was about even, total yards were about even - the difference was, when the chips were down, the Redskins were the team making plays, on both sides of the ball.

I can't say enough about Jason Campbell. On the road, in one of the toughest environments in football, against a team that has been the standard in this division for over 5 years now, in Primetime, on national television, he comes in and plays so cool. I'm giddy.

This offense is so ready to explode. Jason Campbell grew up a ton tonight. I can hardly wait for next week.

Although I'll probably manage, with the memory of last night's game to hold me over. :D

Oh, by the way - the Giants are still horrible and the Cowboys are still good.

Also, I continue to be a huge fan of the MNF booth. These guys are entertaining, knowledgeable, and work well together. Jaws in for Theisman is like replacing John Hall with Shaun Suisham.

:gaintsuck

I forgot to add. It sucks losing Thomas, like it sucked losing Jansen last week, but it's important to note that both TD drives happened AFTER Thomas left. Not that I'm suggesting they're better off without him, but rather that they are reacting to adversity in a positive manner. Bad teams bemoan their misfortunes, good teams win anyway.

Agree with everything but the MNF crew. They SUCK! I'll take Theismann and Maguire anyday. Now we got 3 clowns who are annoying as hell.

And what makes it worse is their talking all the freakin time like a soap opera about things that have nothing to do with the game. I couldnt hardly watch it.

I MUTED IT and listened to 980 Radio.

And Charles Barkley.....ARGGGGGGHH

Also, I continue to be a huge fan of the MNF booth. These guys are entertaining, knowledgeable, and work well together. Jaws in for Theisman is like replacing John Hall with Shaun Suisham.

:gaintsuck

Wha?????

That was the worst MNF broadcast I have seen in 25+ years of watching it.

No replays, little analysis. Just a bunch of babble about everything they could think of that wasn't related to the game they we're supposed to be covering. :doh: :doh:

I was waiting for them to bring in Santa Claus in the 4th Qtr so he could spend the Qtr telling us about his delivery route this year due to Global Warming and the batteries the Eagles fans threw at him last time he was in the area.

Wha?????

That was the worst MNF broadcast I have seen in 25+ years of watching it.

No replays, little analysis. Just a bunch of babble about everything they could think of that wasn't related to the game they we're supposed to be covering. :doh: :doh:

I was waiting for them to bring in Santa Claus in the 4th Qtr so he could spend the Qtr telling us about his delivery route this year due to Global Warming and the batteries the Eagles fans threw at him last time he was in the area.

All I'm going to say about this is, I spent 10 paragraphs talking about the game and 2 lines praising the MNF crew, and you singled out the one paragraph about the announcers, completely ignoring theones about the game, to complain about how the announcers were ignoring the game (ridiculous, by the way - Jaws analyzes a football game better than any other color commentator in the business, bar none).

All I'm going to say about this is, I spent 10 paragraphs talking about the game and 2 lines praising the MNF crew, and you singled out the one paragraph about the announcers, completely ignoring theones about the game, to complain about how the announcers were ignoring the game (ridiculous, by the way - Jaws analyzes a football game better than any other color commentator in the business, bar none).

Well I agreed with the rest of it.

Jawarski is good. It's just the rest of the whole thing is garbage. Barkley for 1/4th of the game? Are you kidding me?

Campbell is cool as a cucumber and has excellent poise, but I'm still not sold. Yes, he has beautiful touch on the bombs, but his inaccuracy and lack of zip on medium range throws is still worrisome. I'm not saying these things won't be corrected. I'm merely stating that these are still valid concerns, and if they don't improve he'll never be more than a "bus driver" QB.

Are we gonna lose Thomas for the season?

I had to mute the volume b/c of the coverage so I didnt hear.

I know its torn tricep, but Ray Lewis is playing MLB with that I believe. Couldnt Thomas manage OG?

Ray Lewis claimed it was a torn tricep during the game. In reality, it wasn't (MRI came up negative). Ray, always wanting to be in the spotlight, made it out to be bigger than it was. Thomas, on the other hand, didn't bring extra attention on himself... and I'm afraid his MRI probably will come back positive --- meaning he's probably done for the season. Major bummer... but the Skins have handled adversity well so far (yes, I know it's only week 2).

We will definitely bring in a FA O-linemen this week.

Way to go Skins... great win in a hostile environment!!! HUGE win!

Archived