Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Player of the Game. . .

mcarey032

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought that the Linebacking corps was awesome! Our corners could use some help. They made some good plays and then they made some not so good plays. It appeared to me that Springs was being used in Nickel situations vs. being out there on first and second down. I guess I wasn't watching Springs as closely. At any rate, good team effort all around. Special teams, offense, and especially the defense.

Give a game ball to the o-line. Jansen goes down early and plug in Heyer and never miss a beat.

A few more games like this from ARE and I will have to change my opinion of him and admit that he is an actual NFL #2 receiver and not just the slot guy.

I agree with a previous poster, Fletcher may be the unsung hero on defense for making sure we had the right checks and not getting caught with our pants down as often as we did last year.

Randle El, obviously, has to be mentioned in this discussion. And you can say the Hail Mary reception was stat padding, but do you think any other receiver out there would have made that catch?

Suisham was terriffic. I was petrified about our kicking situation heading into this year, but he seems to be the real deal. And what a beauty of a kick that last one was. I was watching it on a huge projection screen at a bar up here, and it was an awesome sight.

Frost came though big-time, as well. I thought he had an outing that really showed why we've held onto him for so long. If he can string a few of these performances together, he may turn the corner and become an elite NFL punter.

Portis and Betts, but especially Portis. And especially as the game wore on. By OT, there was no stopping our running game.

Hats off to the offensive coaching staff. They faced some serious adversity early on in this game, but came through with an attack good enough to win a hard-fought, defensive struggle.

And the defense looked great. Carter's sack and McIntosh's FF were the two most encouraging things I saw all day.

Rocky McIntosh.

He was eerywhere the ball was and he got there damn quick. 9 tackles, 1 sack and 1FF. When Washington gets healthy I really like our LB corps. Major upgrade.

Honorable mentions to ARE, Portis and the O Line.

Archived