Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PREGAME EXCITEMENT mega merged thread

diego1115

Reporting in from Prague, Czech Republic! Wearing my skins jersey and have probably drank too much coffee getting pumped up reading skins articles online. I need to get the most out of this game because next week the monday night game will be at 3 am here, none of the sports bars will be open at that time. I'll see if i cant stream the game on my weak internet conncetion.

Final prediction:

Skins 17-6.

Hail to the Redskins!

Freiburg in the Black Forrest is checkin in too. Beer is in the refrigerator. Our TV will air Pats@Jets, so here we have to listen to internet radio or some hidden live streams. Maybe in the halftime show from CBS we will get some pictures.

So ready to rumble and let´s get out for a win. :cheers:

I am 100% Scottish. I have never been to a 'skins game but I have followed them for over 20+ years. I used to try and pick up games on very faint, crackly radio (American Armed Forces) and 'highlights' programmes we used to get on TV back in the 1980's. Now with satellite TV and some - perhaps not always quite legal! - internet coverage I can watch or at worst listen to all the games. :)

I wouldnt be surprised if most of the guys on this thread from England, Germany etc are the same as me :).

Next weeks Eagles Monday night game is broadcast live here too and I've taken a day off work so I can stay up and watch.

Another new season is upon us. Part of me is excited, well because football is my favorite sport, I love the Redskins, and I wait all spring and summer for this time of year. But there's a part of me that's aprehensive about the start of another season. Aprehensive because I don't know how many more years I can take watching the Skins be the laughing stock of the league.

This team was once one of the elites. A feared and respected team. Now days, the team is looked at as just another Cardinal-like team. A joke, and no one takes them seriously anymore. It rips my heart out to watch this team go from what it used to be, to what it has been over the last 13 seasons. When I found out JG was coming back to coach this team again, it gave me a renewed hope, especially after the '05 season. The team looked like it was once again on it's way back to greatness. But then last year they fell flat on their faces again. Back to the dungens for the Skins and their loyal fans.

I dearly love the Redskins, but each time they lose, a little piece of me dies, and this complete and total disrepect they get from the media, other teams fans, and the rest of the league is just sickening. I hope for the honor of the franchise, and for the sake of its loyal fans, JG and the Skins can finally turn it around this year. The Skins deserve better and so do their fans!

Another new season is upon us. Part of me is excited, well because football is my favorite sport, I love the Redskins, and I wait all spring and summer for this time of year. But there's a part of me that's aprehensive about the start of another season. Aprehensive because I don't know how many more years I can take watching the Skins be the laughing stock of the league.

This team was once one of the elites. A feared and respected team. Now days, the team is looked at as just another Cardinal-like team. A joke, and no one takes them seriously anymore. It rips my heart out to watch this team go from what it used to be, to what it has been over the last 13 seasons. When I found out JG was coming back to coach this team again, it gave me a renewed hope, especially after the '05 season. The team looked like it was once again on it's way back to greatness. But then last year they fell flat on their faces again. Back to the dungens for the Skins and their loyal fans.

I dearly love the Redskins, but each time they lose, a little piece of me dies, and this complete and total disrepect they get from the media, other teams fans, and the rest of the league is just sickening. I hope for the honor of the franchise, and for the sake of its loyal fans, JG and Skins can finally turn it around this year. The Skins deserve better and so do their fans!

I'm extremely excited, but a little apprehensive. I have complete confidence in the defense and feel they will be a top 10 defense this season. I know the offense will be above average, but it probably won't be running on all cylinders until closer to mid season. However, I'm sticking to my 27-0 prediction for the opener. Call me an optimist!

I woke up at 6:00 this morning, because I couldn't stop thinking about this game. I really think that we can dominate the Dolphins, but at the same time we can be made to look like fools. God, I hope we kick the ever loving poop out of them.

Yep, it's like Christmas. I wake up wishing everyone a happy opening day.

:applause:

Archived