Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching TV over the internet question

jimster

about this time last year there was a thread around here about this. Someone mentioned a box you can buy that connects to your cable or satellite and then you can remotely watch tv via an internet connection to that box.

Does anyone know what that equipment is called? - I searched on Google and and couldn't find anything and the search here doesn't work at all.

Thanks.

about this time last year there was a thread around here about this. Someone mentioned a box you can buy that connects to your cable or satellite and then you can remotely watch tv via an internet connection to that box.

Does anyone know what that equipment is called? - I searched on Google and and couldn't find anything and the search here doesn't work at all.

Thanks.

It's called a slingbox, although I have no idea how it works. I think they cost around $150-$200, but don't quote me on that.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&context=&keyword=slingbox&searchSection=All

that is a link to a circuit city search for slingboxes.

hope this helps.

Watched the Skins game on my slingbox today... I recommend it if you have a decent internet connection whatsoever. Zen-Like Todd highly recommended it to me if that means anything. Heres a link to a thread I started about the same thing where people gave advice: http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200938&page=1&pp=15

Two comments... s-video will look better than composite, so if you have an s-video jack on the back of your cable box that you can use, use that.

Also, you might want to increase the saturation a little bit in the Slingbox setup, because otherwise the colors will wash out a little bit when it gets compressed. My TV editor friend with a slingbox tipped me to that one, and it definitely helped.

Archived