Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Redskin Darlings and Whipping Boys ?

Mickalino

With the change of guard this offseason, there will be some important holes to fill.

Darrell Green and Stephen Davis are leaving us, so who will take their place as the token Redskin Darlings ?

Sam Shade will most likely be gone as well, so who will be the next Whipping Boy ? And you cant say "whoever becomes kicker."

These offseason decisions are really heavy, arent they.

If Smoot repeats the 2002 Campaign, he'll become the whipping boy.

Skaggs will be gone, so someone else will have to be 'Rudy Du Jour'.

I could see Loverne become whipping boy of the offensive line if he's still out there.

McCants could emerge as a favorite. I like the kid and I loved the way he fights for YAC.

Gardner seems not to have won fans over. There's a big undecided group on him.

I think the darlings will be:

Ramsey

McCants

Whoever the receiver is on the practice squad

Whipping boys could include:

B Smith (if he plays one more year)

D Thompson (if he is re-signed)

F Smoot (if he gets off to a slow start)

Z Flemminster

R Wynn

Non-Redskins darling will be whatever 'stud' guard we passed on in the draft.

:cheers:

At least in my mind, no one will ever replace Matt Stevens as my all-time whipping boy. That guy got burnt on every other play and still somehow caught 6 or 7 deflected balls for INTs and was in the right place at the right time for fumbles too. Then, to cap it all off, he goes to New England and wins a SB! I hope we get him back so I can curse him for seasons to come....

Originally posted by speedwagon20

At least in my mind, no one will ever replace Matt Stevens as my all-time whipping boy. That guy got burnt on every other play and still somehow caught 6 or 7 deflected balls for INTs and was in the right place at the right time for fumbles too. Then, to cap it all off, he goes to New England and wins a SB! I hope we get him back so I can curse him for seasons to come....

Bite your tongue!

What, no Ladell Betts in either the darlin' or whipping boy catagory? I thought for sure someone would list him somewhere...

If he doesn't come through he should be the whipping boy as that'd mean a 2cd rounder was wasted. I'm thinking he at least becomes competent as Davis' replacement; maybe no 1400 yds. but hopefully he builds on his finish this year.

Originally posted by Montilar

What, no Ladell Betts in either the darlin' or whipping boy catagory? I thought for sure someone would list him somewhere...

It's just that its still too early. He needs more time to truly solidify himself into one of the 2 categories. I think the unofficial prerequsite for being in one of those categories is to be with the team at least 2 full seasons.

Hmmmmmmmm tough questions indeed. Darlings eh? MaCants is DQ'd becuase he's already a darling. (I had crushes in High School that were less intense than what a couple of posters have demonstrated for this guy). Champ because he already is. ( this is a promotion from early this season for some, which in turn was a demotion for some from the season before last.........got that? :silly: ) New? ramsey...almost automatic. Betts get's a promotion from being a whipping boy this year. Smoot too since the sophmore jinx should be gone. (this disqualifies him as a new whipping boy.... he already has been one).

whipping boys? Pretty much what CBMGreatOne said...except it could go for almost all the receivers and the D.C., whoever that may be, because he probabely still won't play enough man. :D:cheers:

Archived