Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Met Mike Vanderjagt today

SWFLSkins

I know last week there was an article in the Washington Post about Vanderjagt working out on Marco Island Fl. kicking balls and staying ready for a chance to play again this year. He lives there now with his wife.

Well today I ran into him and his wife at the Oakley Sunglass store in SWFL.

First, he is a nice guy and seemed open to talking. He is a big guy for a kicker, maybe 6'6" and 220?+. I did not want to bother him too much but we talked briefly about football and he was very honest.

First, Parcells is who we as fans thought he was. (I will leave it at that)

Secondly and sadly for us Redskins fans, Romo sits to pee to him is the real deal. Good guy and a good player. He said he hopes Parcells remembers him telling him not to let Romo sits to pee hold for the kickers but that Romo sits to pee should be starting at QB. He also shrugged his shoulders about Wade Phillips signing. What that meant I don't know.

He also mentioned that a few teams are in contact with him and he hopes to be playing again this season, most likely because someone gets hurt, but not because he hoped so. Wants to stay South if he has a choice. Funny most Canadians prefer Florida winters as well.

He also is friends with Scott Suisham the Redskins kicker and says while he is good, he is maybe too nice of a guy and wishes him well this year.

The thing that hit me most was his openess and honest nature. After I mentioned some of the particulars in the recent article he said -That is why I don't do interviews. In the article it clearly states that he was practicing without goal posts and kicking over a socceer goal, BS he said. They had posts and yes he made 32 for 32 but was not tired.

Overall remembering how he kicked for the Colts and meeting him, I wish the Skins would sign him. I did not bother him too much or ask for an autograph.

I wish the guy well, for what it is worth.

The thing that hit me most was his openess and honest nature. After I mentioned some of the particulars in the recent article he said -That is why I don't do interviews. .

Very interesting. As is usually the case, most people who are very honest in sports, are generally considered mavericks. Teams like guys who tote the company line, and Vandy certainly doesn't.

I still say the man is half nuts, and I said it last year when he was still a cowboy.

I know last week there was an article in the Washington Post about Vanderjagt working out on Marco Island Fl. kicking balls and staying ready for a chance to play again this year. He lives there now with his wife.

Well today I ran into him and his wife at the Oakley Sunglass store in SWFL.

First, he is a nice guy and seemed open to talking. He is a big guy for a kicker, maybe 6'6" and 220?+. I did not want to bother him too much but we talked briefly about football and he was very honest.

First, Parcells is who we as fans thought he was. (I will leave it at that)

Secondly and sadly for us Redskins fans, Romo sits to pee to him is the real deal. Good guy and a good player. He said he hopes Parcells remembers him telling him not to let Romo sits to pee hold for the kickers but that Romo sits to pee should be starting at QB. He also shrugged his shoulders about Wade Phillips signing. What that meant I don't know.

He also mentioned that a few teams are in contact with him and he hopes to be playing again this season, most likely because someone gets hurt, but not because he hoped so. Wants to stay South if he has a choice. Funny most Canadians prefer Florida winters as well.

He also is friends with Scott Suisham the Redskins kicker and says while he is good, he is maybe too nice of a guy and wishes him well this year.

The thing that hit me most was his openess and honest nature. After I mentioned some of the particulars in the recent article he said -That is why I don't do interviews. In the article it clearly states that he was practicing without goal posts and kicking over a socceer goal, BS he said. They had posts and yes he made 32 for 32 but was not tired.

Overall remembering how he kicked for the Colts and meeting him, I wish the Skins would sign him. I did not bother him too much or ask for an autograph.

I wish the guy well, for what it is worth.

did u ask or did he metion the teams interested in him?

Archived