Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Kwame played the Bulls every night, he'd be the league MVP

Zen-like Todd

After 1 quarter, he has 10 points on 5-6 shooting, and he didn't even start the game. Not only that, but he was scoring from all over the place. Going by defenders, hitting outside jumpers, etc.

Things like that piss me off. It shows the talent he has. He just needs to grow the eff up and bring his game to the court every night.

He has a ongoing rivalry with Tyson Chandler. I've noticed he gets hyped to play Chicago and take it to him. It pisses me off too, that he only gets pissed when another player talks about him.

If he played that hard every night, Chandler would've never told the press he should've been drafted ahead of him. His stats and play alone would be the evidence he needs.

I hope somebody in the organization is letting him know that.

Brown is still so raw it's scary. But, if he can put it together starting next year he does show the skills to be an absolutely remarkable player in the league. He was picked No. 1 mostly because he waxed Chandler in a game of 1 on 1. Chandler apparently feels he should have gotten a rematch or something :0.

Good to see the Bullets putting together a little run.

Art Kwame was picked ahead of Chandler because he was the better highschool player and was/is more talented than Chandler. Sure Kwame beating Chandler one-on-one helped his cause, but it was a very minor reason on why the Wiz drafted him. Like you have said Kwame is so raw, it is scary.

LD,

If I remember correctly, Chandler had more points, rebounds and blocks per game in high school than did Brown. I think on an individual level it is, therefore, difficult to say Brown was a better high school player.

I agree that Brown is more talented and the pick was a good one. And, I like that the team had he and Chandler go at it and Brown came out on top.

Alot of people do not understand how much of a talent Kwame is. He is already one of the quickest fowards in the game if not the quickest. When he was in highschool, he would often play the point for his aau team. Yes Chandler had better stats in highschool, but he also had better players around him in highschool. The few times Eddie Curry and Kwame played in highschool, Eddie Curry would dominate him. The same question people had about Kwame in highschool still exists today. Is he motivated enough to be a great player

Originally posted by luckydevi

Is he motivated enough to be a great player

That is a very good question. One there is still no answer for.

The way he plays when Chandler is on the court, and when the media was doubting him before the season shows he can be a very dominating player. Those first 3 games this season showed where he could be 2 years from now. The way he plays aganist Chicago shows what he can do right now in every game.

We all know Chicago isn't a good team, but Kwame's problems on the court isn't a matter of skill, it's fundamentals. He doesn't catch passes that are dished to him after MJ or Hughes draws the double team, he misses easy shots in the paint because he holds on to the ball to long while shooting. When he gets the ball, he's finally learning how to take the initiative and drive to the hoop.

I still have a lot of faith in him, he's young, and all he needs is someone to flick that light switch on and get him motivated.

Yes, there's no doubt that Kwame has great physical talent. It's all a matter of getting his head in the right place. That said, I'm a little annoyed with all of the "power forward lite" players that are coming into the league nowadays. That's why I like Amare Stoudemire so much. He's a real banger with talent, formed in the mold of Karl Malone.

BTW, #1 Kwame annoyance. He has a tendency to wind up half way down the key, double teamed, and winds up trying to dribble through the congestion, often with a help defender coming from behind. He inevitably loses the ball, and then fails to go to the ground to try and maintain possession, even when its obvious that it would work. He needs to watch Juan Dixon play. Either that, or get a heart transplant.

The one thing I love about Tyson Chandler is his attitude. He goes hard and is willing to put in the effort. I really wanted Amare Stoudemire to drop down to us in the draft, he is a beast. The thing that amazes me about him was he was even more raw than Kwame was. He had no offensive game in highschool. He is a young Shawn Kemp all over again.

Enough about Kwame:high: The king has spoken:D. Atleast we can look forward to watching the Wizards in the playoff if things go well. But I remember last year we were in the hunt. Then, :shootinth MJ went down:cry: I'm constantly looking at the Alantic division, and Orlando,Philly and Boston have some tough games ahead. I think this is were the Wizards start to make their run and start moving up. Also, it looks as if the Wizards are starting to gel, and find ways to win close games as a team:D .

Finally!!

Go Wiz..

Oh yea, my cousin moved into a house right behind fed/ex. Kool, I won't have far to go next year when I come home to visit, and attend a Redskin game. (Hey couz...that room still available:high: )

There is a reason you don't see Kwame getting over emotional like a lot of these other young players.

Jordan

Jordan shows emotion but at the same time, he acts like nothing really shocks him and he can handle anything. Notice that even when the Wiz are blowing up, hitting 3's, making steals....they stay pretty even.

Then Washington brings in Stack and Russell and all the sudden teams can't pay too much attention to Kwame so he's developing into a fine young player. Actually, at this point in his 2nd season, he's ahead of where I thought he'd be.

I'm excited for him next year. 3'rd year breakout and hopefully a longer contract after that.

by the way, classy D.C. Fans as usually, standing O for Lonnie Baxter at the end of the 1st quarter.

I have been to almost every home game this year and watched the team play quite a bit. IMHO, Larry Hughes is the best player on that team. He has really taken well to his role as a point guard, has started distributing the ball well and can score with the best of them. He is making a world of difference. Lue is also a greak backup point guard. This was a position of worry at the beginning of the year, but I am starting to feel that it is our strong point now. We also have Juan coming off of an injury soon, so we should be fine.

Kwame did play a good game last night. So did Etan Thomas, who is really starting to come into his own. He is becoming what we hoped Jahadi White would become. Haywood has also had some good games here down the strech. I think that if we can keep our big men together, including Jared Jeffries, that we can have a pretty formidable frontcourt in a few years. Then we either re-sign Stack or go get another scoring free agent in the offseason, and we are good to go for a few years.

I like what I see from this team and I really do feel like they are on the upswing. Granted, we have said this before, but this time feels different. I just hope that they don't play around in the offseason and get rid of too many of these guys and mess with the overall chemistry.

One last thing, Eddie Curry will amount to nothing in this league. He b@tches and whines whenever things don't go his way. Not to mention that he is so fat that he could be the spokesman for Krispy Kreme. Anyway, that's my .02.

Archived