Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for a bad cold/congestion?

macnoke03

So I've got this really bad cold with extreme congestion. If I close my mouth for 2 seconds I can't breathe. It's virtually impossible to eat or drink. I've tried a bunch of different medicines but nothing is working. So I'm looking for any medicine/remedy that you guys swear by for this type of thing

I know this sounds bad, and it probably is, but whiskey and cigarettes always does a pretty good job of clearing up my nose.

Of course, a more recommended, some nasal spray can really help with the swelling.

Whiskey, maybe. Cigarettes, no. :D Ive done the nose spray thing and that seems to work for an hour or two and the directions say to only take it once every 10 hours and that it you use for a few days straight it can actually make things worse.

Apple cider vinegar,gargle with it or simply swallow two tablespoons and it will clear you right out...opens the sinuses and chest...and your eyes. :D

Whiskey is also always in order if you ain't on medication...Irish coffee :cool:

Apple cider vinegar,gargle with it or simply swallow two tablespoons and it will clear you right out...opens the sinuses and chest...and your eyes. :D

Whiskey is also always in order if you ain't on medication...Irish coffee :cool:

Irish coffee - that can definitely hit the spot when you are feeling down!

Cough drops can also help with congestion, but for long term, some decongestant and maybe some aspirin to help with the swelling is probably best.

COugh medicine, decongestants, etc. can actually make it last longer. they make you feel better for a couple of hours, but prolong the problem instead of fixing it. Buy some Ocean brand nasal spray. It's saline, non-medicinal, and you can use it as needed. In addition to that, get some Benadryl, and take whatever it recommends for the max dose (per dose, not per day) do this every day until you're better, it should be within 24-48 hours. The antihistamines dry you out, and reduce mucus. this causes smaller breeding grounds for the virus and/or bacteria, causing it to leave your system faster. Nyquil is good for sleep, but won't do **** for you for anything else.

Must be a local thing. Everyone I know is sick but me. I lucked out and got a heart condition, so i guess I got a free no cold pass.:laugh:

Yeah? Knock on wood dude :laugh:

I read your thread on your problem. Good luck!! I am sure they will fix you up. Like i mentioned in your thread, i have a heart problem too. :doh:

Archived