Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mysa.com Romo is focused

BigDFan5

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/stories/MYSA090207.03M.RomoSecondSeason.en.23a8e16.html

Web Posted: 08/30/2007 06:47 PM CDT

Tom Orsborn

San Antonio Express-News Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee doesn't need to read any self-help books to understand the wisdom of the saying, "Do your best and don't sweat the rest."

His ability to stay in the present is why he was able to move on so quickly after his infamous gaffe in last season's improbable playoff loss at Seattle.

It's also why he isn't sweating team owner Jerry Jones' decision to wait until after the season to discuss a contract extension.

"You can't get caught up in money and all of that stuff," Romo sits to pee said. "If you're playing for money, you're only going to work so hard. I play for the right reasons, and that's to be as good as I can be."

Problem is, nobody has a handle on how good Romo sits to pee can be, including Romo sits to pee. His 11 starts last season are the only ones in his pro career, which began when the Cowboys signed him as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2003.

"In some ways, I'm a question mark," said Romo sits to pee, 27. "I know I have to play well for this team to be successful."

Romo sits to pee became the team's starter last season when Bill Parcells benched Drew Bledsoe after seven games. In his first five games after the change, Romo sits to pee passed for 10 touchdowns and only two interceptions, leading the Cowboys to a 4-1 record.

But doubts about whether he would become the team's next great quarterback surfaced during his final six games, which included a 21-20 playoff loss to the Seahawks. In those games, Romo sits to pee passed for seven TDs and eight interceptions, and Dallas was only 2-4.

The span also included his dropped snap for what would have been a chip-shot field goal with 1:19 left against Seattle. Instead of celebrating the Cowboys' first playoff victory since 1996, Romo sits to pee spent the immediate aftermath of the game crying his eyes out inside the visitor's locker room.

"The first half-hour back on the plane ride to Dallas, I didn't say anything because he was so crushed," said tight end Jason Witten, Romo sits to pee's closest friend on the team. "But I just told him we wouldn't have been in that situation if it wasn't for him. Two weeks later, he was ready to move forward."

Romo sits to pee said he never doubted he would be able to recover from one of the biggest miscues in NFL playoff history.

"I felt bad for my teammates, my coaches, the organization, but not myself," Romo sits to pee said. "I knew I would be OK. I can handle just about anything. If something in sports is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've lived a pretty good life."

As a quarterback, Romo sits to pee needs to be much more than OK for Dallas to advance to the Super Bowl for the first time since after the 1995 season. With that in mind, Romo sits to pee has worked tirelessly during the offseason, training camp and the preseason to improve his mechanics.

"The good thing about Tony is he plays every play in practice just like it's a game," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "Some quarterbacks treat it like it's practice. They don't throw the ball away. They don't dump the ball down when they need to. They just kind of go through the motions, or they do the wrong reads and try to throw it deep. He's not that way. He treats every play like it's a big play, and I think that helps him."

It also helps that Romo sits to pee has a support system that includes two mentors — quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett — with a combined 31 years of NFL playing experience.

"That was our priority — to help a young quarterback get even better," Phillips said. "He has some things that he can work on, and these guys are going to be there to help him."

Romo sits to pee's offseason work included concentrating on getting away from the center quicker, something that would give him more time to read defenses. He's also focused on ball security, something he struggled with at times last season, especially when he left the pocket.

"It's just a known fact that you've got to make good decisions when you leave the pocket," Romo sits to pee said. "At the same time, it's when a lot of good plays happen. If you have that capability and you know when to use it, it can be a real benefit."

Still, Romo sits to pee says the bottom line is he will be judged by what he does while in the pocket.

"At the end of the day, you've got to be accurate when you throw the ball and you have to get it out on time," Romo sits to pee said. "If you do that, you've got a chance to be successful."

The Cowboys' last great quarterback, Troy Aikman, mastered those skills. Although he has become friends with Aikman and has great respect for him, Romo sits to pee says he has no interest in being anything but himself.

"I don't think I need to prove anything to anybody," he said. "I just want to be as good as I can be."

torsborn@express-news.net

excuse me? I will get banned for posting articles?

Let's see....hmmm...posting pro-puke articles on a Redskins board vs. posting informative, illustrative articles about our opposition's faults, flaws and weaknesses - on a Redskins board.

Now, which one would be defined as trolling?

BDF....too....funny... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

excuse me? I will get banned for posting articles?

excuse me? did I say that?... if that was the case you would already be gone... wouldn't you :)

I said if you complain about tr1 trolling even once you will be gone...

see when you try and be cute, and try to make a mockery of what is being done, it is a double edge sword....

doing the exact same thing you have constantly whined about for months (except for the different perspective that makes the difference)...is not just hypocritical, but you forfeit your right to complain in the future

I realize you can't comprehend the notation that poke fans should be held to the same standards of conduct as everyone else around here... but

post your poke propaganda, as long as you follow the rules.... because to be honest, they are even more entertaining than the ones that report the truth that tr1 posts...:)

Romo sits to pee's a stud. Gonna have a BIG year.

Ahhhhhhhhh............Its nice to have a franchise quarterback instead of a quarterback on your franchise !!!!

I guess if I cared I could have saved posts like this from a puke fan.

I guess if I cared I could save threads started by TR1 referencing the faults of the Cowboys that their fans simply ignore.

Unfortunately, I don't care about the pukes, and really don't have the time anyway.

However, when the pukes and Romo sits to pee faulter I know a few ATN posters that will dig up the propaganda that has been put on this site this off-season and remind pukes fans that they were wrong.

I said if you complain about tr1 trolling even once you will be gone...

Funny I dont see a rule that says you can not calla troll a troll. From what I have read from Art it IS allowed to call someone something factual. Even OM says tr1 is a troll

see when you try and be cute, and try to make a mockery of what is being done, it is a double edge sword....

doing the exact same thing you have constantly whined about for months (except for the different perspective that makes the difference)...is not just hypocritical, but you forfeit your right to complain in the future

Sorry I didnt even comment on the articles, and I dont go out of my way to make outlandish statements. tr1 isnt a troll for posting articles he is a troll with some of his commentary though.

I realize you can't comprehend the notation that poke fans should be held to the same standards of conduct as everyone else around here... but

post your poke propaganda, as long as you follow the rules.... because to be honest, they are even more entertaining than the ones that report the truth that tr1 posts...:)

I always follow the rules no worries there bubba :cheers:

I do find it funny that my articles are propoganda, and other artiles are "truth" I guess it just depends on your agenda :laugh:

Funny I dont see a rule that says you can not calla troll a troll. From what I have read from Art it IS allowed to call someone something factual. Even OM says tr1 is a troll

I believe you've misinterpreted what OM said...you need to do a little research.

Sorry I didnt even comment on the articles, and I dont go out of my way to make outlandish statements. tr1 isnt a troll for posting articles he is a troll with some of his commentary though.

No...I'm afraid you're really wrong. My commentary about your team is perfectly acceptable on this REDSKINS board. My commentary would be trolling on a pukes board....get it?

I always follow the rules no worries there bubba :cheers:

Frankly, I think the mods have cut you a ton of slack. I guess they keep you around for entertainment value.

You are always good for a laugh.

as always you completely miss the point (on purpose most of the time)

1. It's does not matter what you think... you don't like what goes on here... start your own message board where what you think matters

2. You and several Poke fans post outlandish comments against the Redskins all the times... and not once have any one been banned for that

3. tr1 is NOT a troll, This is a Redskin board, not a poke fan board, any posts or articles that are negative about the pokes are acceptable, and EXPECTED, in fact the only ones who seems not able to grasp that fact is the holier than though Poke fans, ........... who are so insecure that whine and cry when ever someone says the pokes aren't great

4. There is no difference in what you are doing than tr1.... except the perspective, tr1 posts to entertain Skin fans, you are posting all those articles of Poke propaganda, mocking him, too try and get a rise out of Skin fans, on a Skins board, ... the only problem being Skin fans don't whine and cry about it, they debate them topic, or get a good laugh from it, instead of pouting like a little girl that poke fans do

save your spin, semantics, what you believe bs...

bigd, there is no arguing, the point is clear, the rest is up to you

"I felt bad for my teammates, my coaches, the organization, but not myself," Romo sits to pee said. "I knew I would be OK. I can handle just about anything. If something in sports is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've lived a pretty good life."

It could also mean you did something pretty damn bad!:laugh:

Romo sits to pee's a stud. Gonna have a BIG year.

Ahhhhhhhhh............Its nice to have a franchise quarterback instead of a quarterback on your franchise !!!!

Yeah, you really got the next Brett Favre there! :laugh:

I believe you've misinterpreted what OM said...you need to do a little research.

No...I'm afraid you're really wrong. My commentary about your team is perfectly acceptable on this REDSKINS board. My commentary would be trolling on a pukes board....get it?

Frankly, I think the mods have cut you a ton of slack. I guess they keep you around for entertainment value.

You are always good for a laugh.

Shame this forum is turning into the personal playground for a few trolls on either side of the team barrier.

tr1, to use the most obvious example, and as much as I love him as a Redskins brother, is a classic troll. Sorry bro, but it's true. You're just an unusual instance of a guy fishing on his own team's board.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3639600&highlight=troll#post3639600

1. It's does not matter what you think... you don't like what goes on here... start your own message board where what you think matters

I am not the one telling people they will get a mod to ban them bubba thats you. I havent been complaining about the board.

2. You and several Poke fans post outlandish comments against the Redskins all the times... and not once have any one been banned for that

Should we be banned for not having a rosy view of the Skins? But what outlandish comments have I made exactly?

3. tr1 is NOT a troll, This is a Redskin board, not a poke fan board, any posts or articles that are negative about the pokes are acceptable, and EXPECTED, in fact the only ones who seems not able to grasp that fact is the holier than though Poke fans, ........... who are so insecure that whine and cry when ever someone says the pokes aren't great

Hey I am not one to argue with OM he is an administrator :)

and as I said posting articles isnt trolling. Trolling is posting outlandish things looking to garner a negative reaction, this defines tr1 pretty well. I mean last week he posted a thread talking about Jerry Jones is a bad GM because a QB that we got as an UDFA was cut, or the preseason record thread that you yourself said was a pissing match coming.

4. There is no difference in what you are doing than tr1.... except the perspective, tr1 posts to entertain Skin fans, you are posting all those articles of Poke propaganda, mocking him, too try and get a rise out of Skin fans, on a Skins board, ... the only problem being Skin fans don't whine and cry about it, they debate them topic, or get a good laugh from it, instead of pouting like a little girl that poke fans do

:laugh: bubba you are whining about it right now, even threatened to get me banned for some reason.

and I am posting media articles that I did not write and not even giving my two cents on them, tr1 does not do that you know this, you are just looking for something to complain about it seems. Anyway have a goodnight, and if you dont like my articles please dont respond with your anti-Cowboys propoganda :)

save your spin, semantics, what you believe bs...

bigd, there is no arguing, the point is clear, the rest is up to you

I will continue to be a contributor to this forum as I have been for a couple years, I dont break rules, and I dont troll. The only people who cant stand me are those who can not be civil, and can not discuss football unbiasedly.

However, when the pukes and Romo sits to pee faulter I know a few ATN posters that will dig up the propaganda that has been put on this site this off-season and remind pukes fans that they were wrong.

Well....I guess I'd do the same to you when you falter, but none of you are confident enough in your team to boast about them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At least it shows you have some brains, Fred.

Here you go, BDF. Please read it carefully.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3783589&postcount=155

When you start talking about posters instead of the thread topic, you bring the quality down. Same for posting puff pieces about Skins' rivals.

ATN isn't perfect. By its nature, there will be disagreements because of who comes here and what it is...but getting whiny about stuff smacks of being childish...and posting a thread like this is totally transparent.

And bubba continues to hand you your lunch, and yet you continue to come back for more punishment.

Take a deep breath. Try to re-gain some cred here.

Here you go, BDF. Please read it carefully.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3783589&postcount=155

When you start talking about posters instead of the thread topic, you bring the quality down. Same for posting puff pieces about Skins' rivals.

ATN isn't perfect. By its nature, there will be disagreements because of who comes here and what it is...but getting whiny about stuff smacks of being childish...and posting a thread like this is totally transparent.

And bubba continues to hand you your lunch, and yet you continue to come back for more punishment.

Take a deep breath. Try to re-gain some cred here.

So posting articles that you dont like is bad? :laugh:

Archived