Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins off-season withdrawal?

Zen-like Todd

I know the playoffs should be carrying me through the next few weeks, but I'm already feeling withdrawal pains. The Post doesnt have any interesting Skins articles, notwithstanding the Lewis/Bungles flirtations. I need something. Anything. Gossip, rumors, brainless speculation. Am I alone here?

Fortunately college basketball is heating up. It isn't until after March Madness that I start feeling that offseason withdrawal as I am about as big of a Maryland fan as I am a Skins fan.

I already juiced for when Duke brings its team of punks into the Comcastle in two weeks!

From the brainless speculation department.

The Redskins package their 2003 1st and 3rd round picks and 2004 3rd and 4th round picks then trade them to the Lions for their first round pick, 2nd overall. With the Lions pick they draft (drum roll please) Charles Rogers, WR, Michigan State.

:doh:

okay, take a deep breath.

THere is always some news, its just a matter of knowing where to find it.

1. TSN normally does an update every week.

2. THe post, times and richmond times are going to have their respective views of things and such

3. If push comes to shove and you just get too bored to live, just go to google.com and click on the news tab and do a search for 'washington redskins' or 'steve spurrier' or something similar. It normally will bring up a new story in a paper somewhere across the globe that covers the redskins

4. If you really need some excitement, play some Madden 2003. It always entertains me for a while.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Also before you know realize, it will be summer we'll be looking forward to training camp and enjoying the great weather. For now I am gonna enjoy me some playoff football

don't worry, a week or so after the Super Bowl things usually heat up. the league has a gag rule in effect until then when they don't want anything going on that takes away from the 'golden' goose :)

the Redskins have a lot of work to do and signing Jansen was only step 1. most of the difficult moves are going to be internal:

1. Resign Gardener

2. Restructure LaVar's contract to free up cap space

3. Resign Bailey to an extension before his final year in 2003

Last year had to be the longest offseason in history.

For the second straight year we had a new coach.

For the third straight year we had a different front office and all kinds of specualtions.

For the third straight year we had a long list of players leaving via FA and we made headlines with big name signings.

It's getting old having to talk about what will happen in the draft in early December when we're out of the playoffs. It makes for an even longer offseason.

:gus:

Archived