Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poalomalulmaulalama hit on Jason...

Larry Gude

Several plays prior to Jason's injury, he got sacked and was pretty much on the ground, certainly in control of the defense and Troy comes rolling in to add some emphasis to the proceedings which is all fine and dandy as far as the tackle goes. He's playing hard and he's putting the guy down for sure. It's football.

Having said that, am I the only one who was looking for one of our lineman to knock the crap out of Paolomalulaoola for being too rough on our QB??? I mean, I came out of my chair as one of our guys kinda glanced back at what was happening while he rather nonchalantly headed back to huddle up. All of them did.

This is attitude time. This tone setting time. We are a team. This is our young QB and we're behind him 100%. Do NOT touch him let alone bull dog him to the ground.

This was the time for the whole line to go storming after Troy and at least start pushing and shoving and jaw jacking. You don't let your guy get roughed up and just walk away.

So, has the time passed in the free agency NFL for this kind of closing ranks, of protecting your guy, like him or not off the field?

Or is this a bad sign for our sense of team unity?

I was shocked.

His name is Polamalu.

And that was not that horrible of a hit. I'm all for protecting the quarterback, but football is a sport, and you're basically suggesting that nobody touch the quarterback. Sure it's preseason but to some of these guys it's a game and they don't care how meaningless the game is, they will go full speed regardless.

His name is Polamalu.

And that was not that horrible of a hit. I'm all for protecting the quarterback, but football is a sport, and you're basically suggesting that nobody touch the quarterback. Sure it's preseason but to some of these guys it's a game and they don't care how meaningless the game is, they will go full speed regardless.

Have to agree with this. They aren't playing touch out there

I don't think it's a matter of team unity as much as it should have been a tone-setting moment. Thus, on that point, I agree with you. There should be a certain toughness among the o-linemen that resonates with "you better not touch our QB." This line has failed to show me that, even with our Pro-Bowler out until the season opener.

I agree with the original poster...I saw that too and the first thing that came to my mind was "I hope Sean Taylor see's this and completely destroys Roethjkashfsdjkfburger"...but we could never get pressure :doh:

Gibbs want his guys to play "super smart" and to be nice guys. Some teams have an attitude and play mean......the Ravens and Bears come to mind. Of course those defenses are always ranked in the top 3. but at least we are nice guys and we play SUPERSMART.

Seriously, this team has no leader or image. No team comes into D.C. with fear of playing the Skins or fear of getting hurt. But listen to some of you guys talk about how Campbell should not play this weekend because the RAvens are way to intense.

Its good that we have heart, play our guts out, but I guess I am just a barbarian and gladiator at heart. I would rather play in the Roman Coliseum as our home field, and have teams shaking and fearing when they play on our turf.

Seriously, this team has no leader or image. No team comes into D.C. with fear of playing the Skins or fear of getting hurt.

Here we go again with this leader thing. Your way off base, as i said prior to this, Jansen is seen pushing Troy off of Jason at the end of the play. Does being a leader mean grabbing his facemask and getting a 15 yard misconduct penalty? Troy didn't get penalized for the hit so therefore had Jansen or anybody else on the line retaliated it would have cost us yardage. It was not the Ekuban vs Jeff George play and im pretty sure if anybody tried to drag Jason, they would get a whole bunch of Rabach, Thomas, Jansen, Heyer and whoever the hell is playing LG. Those guys all love Jason as evidenced by all of their interviews about Jason.

As for the leader comment, this team has plenty of leaders, quiet and voiceful. I can guarantee you with the way our defense has started this year, the word is getting out or will soon be out around the league that our boys are hitting the hell out of people again. You want toughness...look at our LB's and our DB's. I saw McIntosh, Rogers, Fletcher, Blades, Taylor and Landry knocking the crap out of people, giving up their bodies on tackles. Id rather see sloberknocking football on the Defensive side and efficiency on the offense every game of every year.

This is attitude time. This tone setting time. We are a team. This is our young QB and we're behind him 100%. Do NOT touch him let alone bull dog him to the ground.

I think the O line should be hitting him during the play, not after, that way maybe Poalomalulmaulalama would hit JC.

I agree in a way. Watching the replay, there was also a DLinemen who kneed Campbell to the dome when he got up. Its moments like this when you need a Kyle Turley on your team to take care of business.

EDIT: Also, I don't know why people still think its funny to make fun of Polynesian names.

Several plays prior to Jason's injury, he got sacked and was pretty much on the ground, certainly in control of the defense and Troy comes rolling in to add some emphasis to the proceedings which is all fine and dandy as far as the tackle goes. He's playing hard and he's putting the guy down for sure. It's football.

Having said that, am I the only one who was looking for one of our lineman to knock the crap out of Paolomalulaoola for being too rough on our QB??? I mean, I came out of my chair as one of our guys kinda glanced back at what was happening while he rather nonchalantly headed back to huddle up. All of them did.

This was the time for the whole line to go storming after Troy and at least start pushing and shoving and jaw jacking. You don't let your guy get roughed up and just walk away.

So, has the time passed in the free agency NFL for this kind of closing ranks, of protecting your guy, like him or not off the field?

Or is this a bad sign for our sense of team unity?

I was shocked.

i agree completely. polamalu is a crazy little rodent out there and that was a clear attempt to shake Jason up. but, JC was not hurt at that particular play and Jansen did have his back. i was kind of hoping to see sean or laron get a nice solid (legal) lick on big ben, but it didn't happen and i'm not thinking about it. i have to admit though, when i saw the pest do that, i lost a lot of respect for his play.

I agree in a way. Watching the replay, there was also a DLinemen who kneed Campbell to the dome when he got up. Its moments like this when you need a Kyle Turley on your team to take care of business.

EDIT: Also, I don't know why people still think its funny to make fun of Polynesian names.

That extra bit of twisting was exactly the sort of extra business that Kyle Turley took care of. The team rallied around him after that.

I thought the same thing- someone should've knocked Polamalu's block off.

fold up the tents and lets call it a losing season. we didnt protect our QB and obviously we are soft and have no leader. we should all burn our jerseys and get cowgirl star tattoos on our faces.

my god man, palamaloooo isnt a cheap shot artist and it is a man's sport. people get hit and campbell wasnt hurt.

Look. The Steelers, deserved or not, have a reputation as a dirty team. That dude made an illegal hit on our starting QB...in a pre-season game!

Poalomalulmaulalama got a 15 yard unsportsman-like penalty for jamming a football in the face of another player in the same exact game in which von Oelhoffen made a low hit on Carson Palmer that put him out of the game.

You see this has happened before. People aren't making **** up.

Archived