Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barack Obama gets name-dropped in hip-hop

#98QBKiller

This just shows that Mass has no idea who Common or Talib Kweli are and is just basing his opinion on appearance or the entire genre of hip-hop/rap.
Indeed. Some hoodlum...:doh:

You associate yourself with a group that has a seriously questionable reputation and I feel absolutely no necessity to check and see if YOU happen to be different than the rest of that group. The same way I don't feel any sympathy for somebody who gets shot while hanging out with a bunch of gang bangers, even if they're not one. You associate with certain types of people they're stigma rubs off on you.

All rappers have a serously questionable reputation? Dear lord...:doh:

In my mind, yes they do; because of the general theme and atmosphere of the genre. If these people don't want to be lumped in with the Tupac's and Fifty Cent's, they need to either find a different genre of music, or work to clean up the crap in that genre of music because until they do, there are a lot of people out there who aren't even going to listen to them because of it.

Tupac was a positive force in hip hop who's skills are among the best ever. Fifty Cent is the biggest clown to ever grace a mic. Please don't ever mention the two in the same breath or sentence again.

So far as I'm concerned they may as well be twin brothers, Who Del. There are only two words that need to be said about the entire genre so far as I'm concerned "Cop Killer". Until somebody can go back in time and totally clean up the genre from the beginning, anyone associated with that genre has no value at all, so far as I am concerned.

So far as I'm concerned they may as well be twin brothers, Who Del. There are only two words that need to be said about the entire genre so far as I'm concerned "Cop Killer". Until somebody can go back in time and totally clean up the genre from the beginning, anyone associated with that genre has no value at all, so far as I am concerned.
:doh: :doh: :doh:

"Cop Killer?" Oh you mean the heavy metal song by Body Count. Oh ok. I thought we were talking about hip hop in here.

EDIT: BTW, it's funny that the guy who plays that song now plays a cop on TV.

"Cop Killer?" Oh you mean the heavy metal song by Body Count. Oh ok. I thought we were talking about hip hop in here.

It had been my understanding that Cop Killer was the title of the album, though after doing some research you are correct that it was a song title. However, the song is attributed to RAP artist (LOL) ICE-T. So far as I'm concerned if I were a police officer I'd have shot anyone I heard playing that song just on general principles.

It had been my understanding that Cop Killer was the title of the album, though after doing some research you are correct that it was a song title. However, the song is attributed to RAP artist (LOL) ICE-T. So far as I'm concerned if I were a police officer I'd have shot anyone I heard playing that song just on general principles.

No it was a song by the heavy metal group Body Count of which Ice T was the lead SINGER of.

I posted the youtube link to the song. Does that sound like rap to you?

No it was a song by the heavy metal group Body Count of which Ice T was the lead SINGER of.

I posted the youtube link to the song. Does that sound like rap to you?

Never even bothered to listen to it, nor will I. Then again I don't listen to any more heavy metal music than I do rap, so that point is really neither here nor there. Everything I've ever read indicated ICE-T was a rapper, not a heavy metal artist.

Never even bothered to listen to it, nor will I. Then again I don't listen to any more heavy metal music than I do rap, so that point is really neither here nor there. Everything I've ever read indicated ICE-T was a rapper, not a heavy metal artist.

So basically you're speaking out of your ass? Word.

So basically you're speaking out of your ass? Word.

There are certain forms of music I consider reprehensible and will not involve myself with. Both rap and heavy metal are on that list. The only information I have regarding them is the general information available through the constant death and arrest reports on the news about members of those genres of music. So excuse me if I'm not as up to date on that disgusting bunch of trash as you are.

Archived