Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am going for the Giants

fuji869

Yep you heard me say it. I am going for the G-Men in the Wild Card Game this Sunday. I can’t stand the 49ers and lost all respect for Mooch after complained about us running the score up on them during a pre-season game after I can remember them running up the score on us on a MNF Game. :cry:

I have no real hatred for the Giants, I view our rivalry with them as more of a traditional NFL Rivalry unlike how I view our rivalry with the Cowboys as a hated grudge match.

I don't know that I'm necessarily pulling for the Giants in this game, but I don't hold the venom for them that I do for Dallas and Philly. Wouldn't bother me any to see them win. If it was a regular season game I would pull for SF simply because the G-men ARE a division rival. Since it doesn't affect the Skins I'm kind of on the fence.

I like the Giants' tough, over-achieving style of play. I like that they rarely lose games they should win. I like their fans ... at least the ones I have met.

These guys, year after year, seem to go a few steps farther than their talent should take them. Hard to believe there is often so much talk of Fassell getting the boot.

Originally posted by Brave

I don't know that I'm necessarily pulling for the Giants in this game, but I don't hold the venom for them that I do for Dallas and Philly. Wouldn't bother me any to see them win. If it was a regular season game I would pull for SF simply because the G-men ARE a division rival. Since it doesn't affect the Skins I'm kind of on the fence.

I am with you on that one, if it were the regular season I would not go for the G-Men.

For some inexplicable reason, the Giants are my second favorite NFC team. I guess since we play them so much I have gotten familiar with the players over the years.

Can't stand the Cowboys or Eagles though, although I certainly respect the job Reid has done in Philly.

...Hard to believe there is often so much talk of Fassell getting the boot.

I must admit I was saying before the season that the Gints would probably finish close to the bottom of the Division and Fassell would be fired. :doh:

Tom, I'll take my crow sauteed with a little lemon pepper please. :D

I can't say I'll be pulling for the Gints to win, but I sure would be glad to see them beat the forty whiners and to tell you the truth, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them do it.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

NEVER root for the Giants! :laugh: I want ATL to win the most because I'd love to see them come to the Vet for Vick vs McNabb.

Agreed. But it would be nice to see a rematch of last week with the Eagles at full strength and at home. Nothing like knocking a division foe out of the playoffs. Some payback for 2000 would be nice as well.

Hopefully the rumors of McNabb's progress are correct. If so, he'll be firing next weekend.

I think I'm pulling for the Packers in the NFC this year, though I wouldn't mind the Giants winning a few games and scaring some people. Dallas I just plain hate. Philly is like an annoying little brother. But the Giants I've always seen as a worthy foe. I agree that their style of play and their relatively classy fans make them easier to respect.

And I'm definately pulling for them against the Niners this week.

I'm also hoping the Pack will win the NFC, which might happen since the Bucs and the Iggles QBs are coming off of injuries.

I think the Gints will beat the 9ers. I'm not really pulling for them (or against them), but I think like '00, they just happen to be peaking at the right time.

Tisk, tisk.....such love for a hated division rival

:rolleyes:

Reminds me of a time watching the Skins playing at home, listening to the chants of "Moose, Moose" after Daryl Johnston gets a carry, or hearing "Duce" while watching the Iggles play at Giants Stadium.

Sometimes you watch games now, and from the reaction of the crowd, you can't tell who the home team is.

Oh, the good old days.....

Don't mistake respect for love.

There are plenty of teams to hate in the NFC. I just hate the Giants less than some others. The Niners are a bunch of over rated pretty boys once again benefitting from playing in a very weak division. I'd love to see them bumped off early.

Archived