Police Find Puppy With Severed Leg

#98QBKiller

Police Find Puppy With Severed Leg

Organization Raises Money For Medical Treatment

POSTED: 5:07 pm CDT August 14, 2007

UPDATED: 6:02 pm CDT August 14, 2007

Click link for full article:

http://www.kctv5.com/news/13893508/detail.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A police officer on patrol found a puppy with a severe injury Tuesday, and Kansas City Animal Control workers thought the injury was purposely inflicted.

The 6-month-old female puppy's back leg was sliced off.

The cut was precise and was probably done with a sharp object, said Don Pickard, an animal shelter official.

A veterinarian who was treating the puppy thought the injury happened about a week before the officer found it.

Animal shelter officials had planned to euthanize the puppy, but Pickard said it seemed friendly, so instead, they named it Misty and decided to get it medical treatment.

The animal shelter didn't have the money for the care, so Spay & Neuter Kansas City was helping to raise money.

Donations could be made in care of the SNKC Pet Assistance Program and sent to SNKC, P.O. Box 410303, Kansas City, Mo., 64141 or online at the Spay & Neuter Kansas City Web site.Copyright 2007 by KCTV5.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:wtf: Who the hell would do that?

Wow...poor little pup-pup. I can't imagine why someone would do such a thing. I have a six year old dog myself and I love him as if he were my own child. There are some sick freaking people out there. I hope the dog can find a loving home somewhere.

If somebody did this on purpose, they should not be allowed to have any pets, period!:banhim:

Archived