Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYC Skins bar

ultimatewarrior

Is there a problem with Mercury Bar (33rd and 3av)? cause that place was awesome last year. Time Out is great but the skins game is always on a small tv with no sound. Mercury has it on like 8 big screens with sound and waitresses with portis jerseys on. It sucks having to go that far downtown but it is worth it.

Those a-holes are no longer hosting us.

I'm going to Dorrian's. Timeout has one of the hottest bartenders in town (the Israeli chick) but the lack of sound is a deal breaker.

There is no perfect place.

The chances that a NYC bar (with loads of Jets and Giants fans) will cater to a few Skins fans are very slim. We tried it last year at Mercury and it worked for a little while...but when we played the Giants it was overwhelmingly Gints fans. I would love to go to Timeout, but they are known as a sports bar and fans of all kinds of teams go there.

Dorrian's is the only bar that is truly committed to having sound and making it a Skins bar. I'm done negotiating with bar managers, who don't give a **** about the Skins.

If anyone gets a better deal, let me know.

This Saturday's game will NOT be shown at Dorrian's in NYC because it's being broadcasted on Comcast SportsNet / WUSA-9 (and NOT the NFL Network).

Looks like the rest of the preseason games will be broadcasted on Comcast as well.

However, this Saturdays game will taped and rebroadcasted on the NFL Network on Sunday Aug 19th @ 2 PM. So they may show it at Dorrians (or anywhere else that has NFLN). The last two games are being rebroadcasted at 8am, so good luck finding a place to catch those games.

In any case, the next LIVE game being televised at Dorrian's will be the season opener vs. Miami (Sunday Sept. 9th @1PM)

See y'all then.

Rou :cheers:

TimeOut is pretty good about putting the skins on the big screen w/ sound if there is not a competing giants or jets game on (which admittedly isnt that often). but they do have new plasmas to replace the crappy old TVs so at least the non-sound picture will be better this year.

I'm pretty friendly w/ the co owner who is a HUGE g-men fan but he likes the dough skins fans bring in and will cater to us when it doesnt come at the expense of big blue.

also one big skins fan on staff there. you'll see him wearing num 28 on sundays

TimeOut is pretty good about putting the skins on the big screen w/ sound if there is not a competing giants or jets game on (which admittedly isnt that often). but they do have new plasmas to replace the crappy old TVs so at least the non-sound picture will be better this year.

I'm pretty friendly w/ the co owner who is a HUGE g-men fan but he likes the dough skins fans bring in and will cater to us when it doesnt come at the expense of big blue.

also one big skins fan on staff there. you'll see him wearing num 28 on sundays

check your pm box and get in touch.

I will be at Dorrian's for the opener. After that probably Jillian's in Farmingdale, They show all the games, but they also have wireless audio boxes for the table and you can tune in sound for any of the games. Dorrian's is great for the Skins' fans, but it takes a long time to get there from Long Island. For games shown in NY I will be in my basement in front of 42" HD and 200w Stereo, Except for the Jets game I will be in Sec. 328 Row 27 Seats 16 & 17. HTTR!!!

Those a-holes are no longer hosting us.

I'm going to Dorrian's. Timeout has one of the hottest bartenders in town (the Israeli chick) but the lack of sound is a deal breaker.

If you're at Dorrian's you might want to pop in the Ship of Fool's. 2nd Avenue in the 80's...on the right hand side (same as Dorrian's) heading uptown.

Archived