Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just listened to Spurrier's press conference

@DCGoldPants

A few notes.

McCants impressed him yesterday by holding onto the ball.

Watson and Betts did also, he said Betts 97 yards on 17 carries were big and he needs to get the ball more.

The Davis situation is out of his hands, he'd like to keep him but the cap number is huge...if Danny and Mendes can do it...then sure.

Patrick is the #1 going into next season and we MIGHT keep either Shane or Danny and then go for a younger guy. Patrick needs to work on a lot of things but he's going to work hard and really bust his *** to know the system.

Talks about Bruce, not sure about what his role will be.

He takes all the blame for this year not ending with a Superbowl

He thanks the fans for really coming out yesterday because they helped big time.

Training camp will be at Redskins Park next summer (He didn't mention the circus from 2 years ago).

July 25th is the 1st day of training camp but they can start coaching guys the end of march

He was pissed about all the yards and so little points....makes him upset about not being sharp.

Talks about the Punter sucking and how we're going to bring a lot of punters and kickers to camp and have a Battle Royal for the job. Cracks a joke about a punter who can always send it 45 would be worth a 2nd rounder at least.

Coaches will be off until the Seniorbowl in Mobile.

he sees himself going to the scouts and front office saying "I need one of these guys...and one of these guys...." giving his input.

Rick Snider is retiring from the WT...what a shocker....I bet they forced him out after he reported that we couldn't work something out with jansen.

I wrote after Snider's recent bout of fantasy football reporting that he needed to take a break from the Redskins and get refocused. I wouldn't doubt this was something Rick took upon himself in his life to get straightened out and rededicated to whatever he wants to do as well as straightening out his health issues.

I'm surprised that was part of the press conference though :)

you wouldn't want the job, Buddha.

you would be forced to write articles trashing the team even after victories and would have to speculate on every conceivable negative thing that could be unearthed on the Redskins as part of your daily chores :laugh:

The WT is a money-losing rag that no one subscribes to. It might as well be out there in a free dispenser with the Apartment Shopper's Guide and the Lyndon LaRouche newspapers :D

Archived