Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor- Leader?

wit 33

Does Taylor have the capabilities to lead/help Landry? I have not heard much about what Taylor thinks of Landry. Taylor is now well versed in the Williams scheme, so I hope he steps up and takes Landry under his wing. Can Taylor be Landry's "Ryan Clark"?

With all due respect, I don't think Landry is a threat to Taylor as far as jobs are concerned. Now if a third person were to come in... THEN Taylor can worry.

Maybe someone like Pierson Prioleau perhaps?

I think the more quality safeties we have on this team the better. Healthy honest competition is always good to bring out the best in a group of people.

Landry is no threat to Taylor. They both have different roles to play. They will work off each other, hopefully in a competitive manor. I am under the asumption, Landry was drafted so highly because he was a leader on his team, called plays and put everybody in possition. If thats the case, Landry will be the "RC" for Taylor, when he is able to start. Besides, LFB is our new field general. ST doesn't seem like a guy who is interested in telling other guys anything, he is just a player. A special player, but not a leader(except by example of playing hard).

Maybe someone like Pierson Prioleau perhaps?

I think the more quality safeties we have on this team the better. Healthy honest competition is always good to bring out the best in a group of people.

True, but for what we have invested in the safety possition, we better not need competion or much more depth. Just someone who can step in every once in a while. ST and LL should be a lock for the starter roles for years to come. At least once LL breaks the line up, then he shouldn't have to look back for a very long time. Just like ST shouldn't have to either.

I don't know, really. I think ST will be a good teammate to LL, but I don't know if he really had the leader type of personality. He's been described as reserved, doesn't like talking to the media and is very, very competitive... and none of that means he couldn't be a leader, but kinda implies to me that he doesn't really want to be.

But who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

They need to become close on and off the field. Just like Ryan Clark and Seans realtionship was when he was here. They need to know what each other is thinking at all times. What makes this year different is that Sean is going to have to help Laron out if he seems something or hes out of position, but i also think that is where London Fletcher will really help out this defense. With Coach Williams, schemeing to put Landry close to the line of scrimmage its going to be important for Fletcher as well as Taylor to make sure hes in the right position. As he plays more and disects more offenses in the league obviously the less they will have to keep an eye on him. But, back to the point i do feel that Laron and Sean should bond a close realtionship with one another in order to really help gel on the field. Some of you might think thats a good idea considered Sean's past incidents, but i feel Sean has turned over a new leaf i dont really buy into that hes a leader role, but i do feel he could be more of a slight mentor to Landry than anything else.

While i don't think of ST as a vocal leader, i see him leading by example and maybe offering advice to LL if the rook were to ask for it. but then again, with the recent references from GW of ST's new attitude after the pro bowl experience, maybe Meast is turning over a new leaf. maybe ST is ready to be a leader, especially for a rook at his position. that would be tres tight.

in a perfect world, these two guys would become fast friends, stay out of trouble and have telepathic communication abilities. ... and receivers across the league would pay dearly.

I think they will be a fierce tandem for years to come. The tandem, I believe would reach greatness much quicker, if Taylor and Landry became good friends. I know some of you will say they don't need to be good friends to achieve greatness together, which is true, but I believe if they were to become good friends it woud help.

Archived