Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas interviewing Denny Green

Larry Brown #43

Apparently Jerry Jones has discussed the Cowboys' coaching job with Denny Green. I assume this either means that (a) Jones is simply fulfilling the new NFL-mandated quota for interviewing black candidates so that he can hire Parcells, or (B) talks with Parcells have broken down.

Someone mentioned on the radio tonight that Parcells could be headed to Detroit instead of Dall-a$$. I have no idea what the guy's source was, if any.

Here's the story about Denny Green: Dallas interviews Denny Green

Jerry and Bill Parcells met again today though in New York.

According to the DMN article, they met for 6 hours, and Jerry's son Stephen was there along with Bill Parcells' agent, Jimmy Sexton.

The article said that Green is our backup plan if Parcells pulls a Tampa, but also is Jerry's way of fulfilling that new NFL rule.

Parcells wearing a blue star is my worst nightmare. I just hope there ego's prevent it from happening. Parcells will want to be GM and will want Jones to step away and stay away. There is no way Jones's ego will allow that.

I was listening to Mike and the Mad dog yesterday and Mike is suppossed to be good friends with Parcells. They were trying to figure out how the first meeting between the two leaked out. The only ones who knew Jones's plane was at Tettleboro airport was the tower. They must have called the media and told them Jones plane just landed and Parcells got on board.

Mike said that Parcells really has the bug to come back and coach after talking to Vermeil. Let's all hope he doesn't go to Dallas.

nahhhh....let him go to dallas........parcells won a long time ago. different game now. it would be an indescribable pleasure to beat his egotistical arse year in and year out. fellas....we have a brilliant coach. we will turn things around and find the right players. parcells is going to have to do the same. besides, we all know that Jerrah won't sit on the sidelines forever...this has combustable and fated written all over it!!!!!!!

I don't necessarily think Parcells will have Dallas in the Super Bowl anytime soon (should he in fact go there), but what he WILL do is get every bit of ability out of those guys. He will get them to believe that they can win. He will have them ready for anything. That's a BIG step.

They would be much improved ... even with basically the same cast.

Fan, I hate Parcells with a passion, but I have a great deal of respect for him. He is a great coach. He gets the most out of his resources and is a hell of a motivator. The guy knows what strings to pull on any given player to get the most out of him. Everywhere he went he has taken a terrible team and made them playoff teams. He could take that Dallas "D" and make them great in a few seasons. You seriously underestimate his coaching abilities. Remember this is the same guy who beat Gibbs 3 times in a single season with about the same talent level. I for one do not want to see him in a blue star and have to play his team two times a season.

I do believe that Jones's ego and Parcell's ego could never fit in Texas stadium at the same time. This is the one thing I know to be true. Even if Jones is so sick and tired of losing and is willing to step out of the spotlight it won't be for long. Atleast that is what I keep telling myself.

I think, if I'm Parcell's agent, I'll try to get a copy of the contract Marty made Danny sign.

(I also hope, as a Skins fan, somebody will point out what happened to the coach who won back-to-back Super Bowls for this same owner).

I recall a trivia question on TV once (a couple years ago): How many Jets coaches have winning career records (with the Jets)? Answer: Bill Parcells.

The 'boys have a pretty good core. I think they've got a young team (excepting Emmitt), and their cap's in good shape. And Parcells may be the best guy out there at squeezing the most blood out of a player.

Archived