Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mayweather ditches retirement, agrees to fight Hatton Dec. 8: Mayweather wins by KO

SkinsTerps26

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2952696

Well that didn't last long, now did it?

Welterweight champion and pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr., who said he was retiring following his May 5 decision victory against Oscar De La Hoya in boxing's richest fight ever, will come out of his brief break to face junior welterweight champion Ricky Hatton.

The HBO PPV fight pitting undefeated champions in their prime will take place Dec. 8 in Las Vegas, probably at the MGM Grand.

Golden Boy Productions will Promote the Fight

Both are undefeated, my money is on mayweather, but i'd love to see hatton win.

EDIT:

Mayweather wins by KO

I think it'll go the distance. I really don't see Hatton getting knocked out. He's definitely not the best fighter around, but he is tough as hell.

Should be an interesting fight nontheless

Hatton styles falls right into what Mayweather likes to do. PBF likes his opponents to come foward so he can counterpunch, Hatton always comes forward, but he has alot of defensive holes, and he has a history of sustaining cuts to his face. Not a good recipe.

also the fight is taking place at 147 which PBF is far more suited to than Hatton. In Hatton's only fight at 147 he had all types of troubles with Louis Collazo, a fight in which alot of people felt Hatton lost. He immediately dropped back to 140 cause he felt he couldn't compete, now he's goin to fight PBF at 147, it adds up to a Mayweather winning in impressive fashion.

i don't think Mayweather will knock him down, but i think Hatton will eat enough unanswered shots that will force the ref to stop the fight.

My second favourite fighter after Joe Calzaghe. Never seen Mayweather fight except in highlights and he looks fast. Someone on here told me he isn't a one punch knockout guy. If that's true it should be a good battle of heart versus ability.

At 140 Hatton easy but at 147 I would give Mayweather a 50/50 chance :P

Hatton will get the Gatti treatment, its goin be a one-sided domination and Mayweather will win by TKO (due to ref stoppage)

I don't know. Dela runner gave Mayweather a good go and I think Hatton would tear Dela up.

Hatton is a rough, tough, boxer/ brawler. I like Floyd, but this may be disaster.

My second favourite fighter after Joe Calzaghe. Never seen Mayweather fight except in highlights and he looks fast. Someone on here told me he isn't a one punch knockout guy. If that's true it should be a good battle of heart versus ability.

At 140 Hatton easy but at 147 I would give Mayweather a 50/50 chance :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

140 is Mayweathers best division, Hatton would get destroyed either way

I don't know. Dela runner gave Mayweather a good go and I think Hatton would tear Dela up.

Hatton is a rough, tough, boxer/ brawler. I like Floyd, but this may be disaster.

Hatton is only like 5'6, way too small for De La Hoya who would have a speed and power edge over him. i think de la hoya would knock hatton out.

:laugh: Oscar wasn't the one running in that fight. That is exactly what Floyd's style is. Hit and run. It works. And yet, you say that Oscar was the one running? :doh:

I think you'll see a different style from Mayweather against Hatton. Floyd wants to flat out embarass Hatton. He believes he is trash and I think Floyd is going to be extremely motivated.

That is what I was exactly thinking. If he wanted some more comp, he would have fought De La Hoya again. But he just wants to punish somebody, so he picked the person he think he can dog the most.

PBF wants to fight DLH again obviously for another payday, but DLH has declined so far.

As for Hatton, PBF has been tryin to get a fight with him since Hatton beat Tszyu a couple of years ago, but hatton's management said Hatton wasn't ready. i guess they think he is now.........why i don't know :laugh:

Guest sith lord

I'm starting to lose respect for Mayweather. He know good and well that Hatton is gonna be nothing more than a human punching bag. If he wants respect, why isn't he fighting Mosley?

I'm starting to lose respect for Mayweather. He know good and well that Hatton is gonna be nothing more than a human punching bag. If he wants respect, why isn't he fighting Mosley?

Mosely is fighting Cotto in Nov. if he beats Cotto (which i doubt), and PBF beats Hatton. they will fight each other.

:laugh: Oscar wasn't the one running in that fight. That is exactly what Floyd's style is. Hit and run. It works. And yet, you say that Oscar was the one running? :doh:

Where did I say Oscar was running that fight? I cant seem to find it.

I called Oscar the name because he has ran his previous fights. If you were fan of the sport (like I am) you would have known that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2952696

Well that didn't last long, now did it?

Welterweight champion and pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr., who said he was retiring following his May 5 decision victory against Oscar De La Hoya in boxing's richest fight ever, will come out of his brief break to face junior welterweight champion Ricky Hatton.

The HBO PPV fight pitting undefeated champions in their prime will take place Dec. 8 in Las Vegas, probably at the MGM Grand.

Golden Boy Productions will Promote the Fight

Both are undefeated, my money is on mayweather, but i'd love to see hatton win.

Mayweather in a late round KO. Going to be a FANTASTIC fight

no way in hell hatton walks at 200, he looked horrible @ 147. there is no way in hell he cuts 60lbs to make 140 where he most comfortable.

I don't know for sure, but his last fight, Larry Merchant spoke on it.

When I wore leather for the Army, I walked around at 90 and fought at 50; so it is possible.

Corrales walked around at 175 and fought at 135, 140. He said it was killing him.

Its hard but doable.

Guest sith lord
Dont underestimate ricky Hatton, He is very good.

I've seen Hatton enough to know that he won't put up much of a fight against Floyd.

Guest sith lord
Hatton walks around at 200, he will be too strong. I wish it was on HBO, I know this fight will be $60.

I don't believe that for a second. There's no way he gains and loses 50-60 lbs between fights.

Archived