Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles will soar again, with a healthy McNabb

Eagle091

They make it sound like the eagles won the divison in week 8, It was hard for them to win it last year and a healthy mcnabb is a huge question mark!

Very true, but with the pieces in place, it's hard to bet against them...

P.S....I'll trade you David Wright for John Lieber and a bag of chips....

McNabb has been pretty good, except when he's been a choking dog in big games...

I'm afraid the most you can expect from him anymore is about eight games a season.

When qbs get hurt as often as he has, it's a sure sign that the organization can't rely on him anymore (see, Kolb! Ha!; Reid, Andy)

McNabb has been pretty good, except when he's been a choking dog in big games...

I'm afraid the most you can expect from him anymore is about eight games a season.

When qbs get hurt as often as he has, it's a sure sign that the organization can't rely on him anymore (see, Kolb! Ha!; Reid, Andy)

McNabb a choking dog in big games?

Vick could straighten him out.

Very true, but with the pieces in place, it's hard to bet against them...

P.S....I'll trade you David Wright for John Lieber and a bag of chips....

True.

Um and P.S........No shot the only way you get wright is if you give us Utley or Howard and then idk if id do it.

The problem is that the team that put them out of the playoffs last year also beat them while McNabb was playing. That team had a higher ranked offence and a higher ranked defence. They lost zero offensive talent but did add a first round reciever and TE Eric Johnson. I see no reason to believe that the Eagles will be able to beat them in '07

The problem is that the team that put them out of the playoffs last year also beat them while McNabb was playing. That team had a higher ranked offence and a higher ranked defence. They lost zero offensive talent but did add a first round reciever and TE Eric Johnson. I see no reason to believe that the Eagles will be able to beat them in '07

Eagles fans discount the saints :laugh:

They have selective memory :laugh:

IMO - Until someone knocks them off, they are the best in the NFC East and a contender for the SB.

I'm interested to see how their defense does this year. Will Kearse return to form? How much does Trotter have left in the tank? Does Spikes really bring that much to the table? Is this the year that Dawkin's finally loses a step in coverage? (Dawkin's has been so good so long.)

On the other side, if they go with a more balanced attack McNabb probably won't have injury problems this year. If they are good at the run, they won't lose as many games because they didn't win TOP.

TheFan

Eagles fans discount the saints :laugh:

They have selective memory :laugh:

They also selectivly forget that in 1999, Mcnabb started 12 games and had a 49.1 completion precentage, a QB rating of 60.1, and the team went 5-11. In 2000, Mcnabb uped his completion percentage to 58.1 and QB rating to 77.8. The team went 11- 5 and won a playoff game.

I see no reason why Campbell can't do the same.

And oh by the way, in 1999, the Redskins won the division with a 10-6 record, and only went 8-8 the next year.

Jeff Garcia took them to the playoffs last year, not McNabb. If Mcnabb had played the full season, they would not have made it out of the division.

McNabb has led his team to the playoffs every season he has stayed healthy except for his rookie season. While Garcia did have a great run with the Eagles, I don't think he did anything that McNabb wasn't capable of doing if he were starting.

TheFan

I actually think that losing Dante Stallworth is going to hurt them. Having Stallworth and Westbrook made the Eagles a very dangerous offense. Now, I'm not sure that Westbrook has that complimentry receiver. I don't know if Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis are enough to get it done.

I actually think that losing Dante Stallworth is going to hurt them. Having Stallworth and Westbrook made the Eagles a very dangerous offense. Now, I'm not sure that Westbrook has that complimentry receiver. I don't know if Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis are enough to get it done.

Whatever dude, recievers always break out in their third year(so says eagles fans), Brown will be a beast this year. Plus, Curtis scored a 48 on his wonderlic test. No DB in this league can cover a 48 wonderlic score.

Whatever dude, recievers always break out in their third year(so says eagles fans), Brown will be a beast this year. Plus, Curtis scored a 48 on his wonderlic test. No DB in this league can cover a 48 wonderlic score.

Yea there is something up with 3rd year wr, but i thin that Vincent Jackaon WR Chargers will be the best 3rd yr wr besides Braylon Edwards.

IMO - Until someone knocks them off, they are the best in the NFC East and a contender for the SB.

I'm interested to see how their defense does this year. Will Kearse return to form? How much does Trotter have left in the tank? Does Spikes really bring that much to the table? Is this the year that Dawkin's finally loses a step in coverage? (Dawkin's has been so good so long.)

On the other side, if they go with a more balanced attack McNabb probably won't have injury problems this year. If they are good at the run, they won't lose as many games because they didn't win TOP.

TheFan

Very fair assessment. Also add in, who will step up as the #1 receiver and will Spikes stay healthy. He's had some injury issues the last couple of years.

The Eagles are dangerous. This league is about parity. Every team in this division has a shot at the Super Bowl.

Any QB that goes down will affect any team's run for the playoffs. It comes down to just kicking back on Sundays and watch the TV and hope for the best for what team you root for.

The Eagle offense was very, very average with McNabb in there last year. When he went out I knew they'd pick it up because Garcia runs the WCO very effectively. He doesn't consistently look for the highlight-reel, 50-yard play that McNabb constantly looks for. I was thrilled to see Garcia leave for Tampa. As an opposing fan, I'll take my chances with Donovan. That could blow up in my face, but no matter what the media says I still think there's a big part of that locker room that doesn't like/trust Donovan and it shows on the field when he's behind center.

Very fair assessment. Also add in, who will step up as the #1 receiver and will Spikes stay healthy. He's had some injury issues the last couple of years.

I didn't think it mattered who became their #1 receiver. They've done so well with average talent at the WR position over the years. As long as Westbrook is catching out of the backfield and Lewis is there as a decent receiver at TE they should be ok. Though I do grudgingly like Baskett.

I had forgotten about Spikes injury problems. We'll see how it all works out.

TheFan

The Eagle offense was very, very average with McNabb in there last year. When he went out I knew they'd pick it up because Garcia runs the WCO very effectively. He doesn't consistently look for the highlight-reel, 50-yard play that McNabb constantly looks for. I was thrilled to see Garcia leave for Tampa. As an opposing fan, I'll take my chances with Donovan. That could blow up in my face, but no matter what the media says I still think there's a big part of that locker room that doesn't like/trust Donovan and it shows on the field when he's behind center.

You really think it's McNabb looking for the highlight reel and 50 yard bombs every play and nothing at all to do with the coach calling the plays....

I'll agree before McNabb went down the offense was a little so-so for a few games, but then again he also had the best 5 game start in NFL history last year.

Um, what team were you watching? I'll concede the fact that our offense was very imbalanced when McNabb was the QB, but to say that it was average?!? Our offense was great all year, that was never an issue.

I'll agree before McNabb went down the offense was a little so-so for a few games, but then again he also had the best 5 game start in NFL history last year.

Exactly. McNabb and the offense slowed down a little bit about a game or so before he got injured, but that's to be expected. McNabb and the offense were on a tear.

Archived