Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast Sportsnet blacked out?

Johnredskins1

It looks like CSN is at it again. I ordered Sports Pack thru Directv today to watch the Redskins legacy special tonight at 8:30. I had Sportsnite set to tivo at 6:30 and it was blacked out. I called Directv and they verified it was blacked out on their tv's also. At 7:00 Training Camp Daily came on as scheduled. I hope this will not be a recurring problem with CSN as it was sometimes last year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the special tonight doesn't get blacked out.

John in NC

It may have been blacked out because of a baseball game that overran its time slot. They don't usually black out taped shows....Do they?

No, they don't usually black out taped shows. Unfortunately, there was no baseball overun, Washington Post Live was on.

Those are great.......but this does not answer my question about SPORTSNITE being blacked out.

Can anyone help me?

This is new.

I am not sure, but I suspect it has something to do with the NFL and direct TV and copyright issues... and the fact the Skins are going to sell the DVD

There has been some other things like this in reverse where outside the local area can view that we can't

It worked for me on Directv in Arlington.

Pretty good documentry, but not as good as the NFL Film's "America's Game".

This production did document the early glory years of the Baugh era and I thought that was really cool considering it was pre NFL Films. I've never seen much live action of Slingin Sammy, only read about him.

Ok.......let me get this straight.

I saw the Legacy. It was not blacked out.

The Legacy was awesome.

I saw that........I am just inquiring about SportsNite. That is why I put SPORTSNITE in bold letters.

JohnRedskin, I didnt watch at 5:30 (my time) so I didnt know it was blacked out then too.

Crap.

I hope this is a glitch.......and not going to be the norm.

Ok.......let me get this straight.

I saw the Legacy. It was not blacked out.

The Legacy was awesome.

I saw that........I am just inquiring about SportsNite. That is why I put SPORTSNITE in bold letters.

my bad :(

Had the Legacy on the brain, and just didn't connect Sportsnite

I don't think I have ever read anyone upset about missing sportsnite before :laugh:

That is because they don't have to live in DALLAS!!!

I have to have my SPORTSNITE fix!!

:laugh:

Must be a glitch...Why would there be any issue showing Sportsnite in all markets? There was someone that posted on here last year that works for Comcast. Maybe I can dig up that thread from last year and send him a PM.

Here is the thread from last year where they blacked out the post-game show...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173984&page=2&pp=40&highlight=comcast

A bunch of folks in that thread emailed Comcast, and they worked out the problem with DirecTv that was causing the blackout.

smoreese is the guy that kept us informed.

It may have been blacked out because of a baseball game that overran its time slot. They don't usually black out taped shows....Do they?

Since baseball moved to MASN, CSN doesn't have that issue to worry about anymore. It was probably a glitch.

Sportsnite has been blacked out for me the past couple of nights also Blondie.

I hope we don't go through this crap again like we did last year. There is NO reason to black out a sports news broadcast! It's not like anyone has to by tickets to go to it! AND I LIVE IN MISSOURI! WHY IS ANYTHING BLACKED OUT FOR ME!!???

Anyway, I'm going to check tonights Sportsnite and see if it's blacked out again. If it is, I'm going to be migthy pee-oed. Any suggestions Blondie?

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Justin

aka UltimateSkinsFan

(Proud son of a WWII ETO Vet - Member: Greatest Generation)

I was all excited last year when I found a channel on our DirecTv that was calling itself the official Redskins channel with tons of Redskins commercials and everything only to get cut off at kickoff like I said before. Hopefully this was just a screwup and I might be able to watch the non-national preseason games this year.

Archived