Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Other Shoe - Mr. Portis?

The Waterboy

You know, you could've just said other forums were talking about this, and then made your point.

But, to answer your question, no, nothing is going to happen to Portis other than him having to issue the retraction he's already issues, seeing as all he did was say something. You don't get the hammer dropped on you for saying something out of line when you're just an athlete.

If Clinton Portis has anything to do with the gruesome sport or support thereof of dogfighting (not an appropriate name for such a cruel and inhumane treatment of animals) he also should be suspended or thrown from the team. Any player or person participating in such an inhumane act should be fined, and no longer representing the NFl as a professional athlete and role model for our children or us as fans. I'm sickened by such a society that seeks pleasure from mistreating innocent animals. Sick, sick, sick and they need to pay for it, BIG TIME!

And, I am a huge football fan. Nothing upsets me more than seeing such talent not being used on a team, especially My Redkins team.......... But justice is justice and I seek justice for the weak animals being abused.

But, to answer your question, no, nothing is going to happen to Portis other than him having to issue the retraction he's already issues, seeing as all he did was say something. You don't get the hammer dropped on you for saying something out of line when you're just an athlete.

Thank you for the insight and assurance. Its been my experience that once the hounds of hell have been loosed, they go where they want beyond the wishes or abilities of any man to control. I hope your confidence is well place as I have a sinking feeling about where this will all end up ...... good and innocent men get run over in a stampede and one is brewing just off to the south

If Clinton Portis has anything to do with the gruesome sport or support thereof of dogfighting (not an appropriate name for such a cruel and inhumane treatment of animals) he also should be suspended or thrown from the team. Any player or person participating in such an inhumane act should be fined, and no longer representing the NFl as a professional athlete and role model for our children or us as fans. I'm sickened by such a society that seeks pleasure from mistreating innocent animals. Sick, sick, sick and they need to pay for it, BIG TIME!

And, I am a huge football fan. Nothing upsets me more than seeing such talent not being used on a team, especially My Redkins team.......... But justice is justice and I seek justice for the weak animals being abused.

Well said!! I agree, I don't care how good or popular the player is. I'm about sick and tired of these thugs in the league. When I was a teenager I worshiped the ground that Darrell Green walked on and I watched his every move. These atheletes do not understand that our children are watching them and they think that what they do is COOL. Why is it that you can't go home to your wife and kids and act like a professional.

I know of 1 dog in Florida that deserved to be put to death. It almost killed my son. Unfortunately, Florida has a 3 strike rule for vicious dog attacks on small children.

:2cents:

Not true. If an attack is deemed serious....they put the dog down without question. It happens often. Dogs here are put down every month for attacking kids or senior citizens. No way does any state allow a dog to maul someone, then act like everything is ok. Florida is especially sensitive because of gator and bear attacks here too.

If not serious, then they use better judgement. You can't just put a dog down because someone makes a complaint--like a neighbor that hates you.

I could find articles on 30 or more dogs put down in Fla over the last year, for attacks that didn't result in extremely serious injuries.

Nah, I don't think so. :)

It should be noted the link is not to an article. You posted another message board member's post from that message board and reinforced the speculation associating Vick with CP. Then you allude to a "sinking feeling" where this will all end up.

Is it just me or does this seem like a strange thing for a Redskin fan to reach for to start a thread--something about CP that is negative in essence and based on absolutely nothing but a post on another message board?

Been under any bridges lately?

Either way, there is no news here linked to any Redskins so lets avoid creating nonsense, clutter, and trainwrecks. There doesn't need to be a new thread for this. Clinton's comments have been throughly dicussed in here and anyone can revive that thread if they wish. Also, this general topic of Vick/dogs/nfl/players/society is already being discussed thoroughly in ATN. I suggest all interested in discussing this seek those conversations. :)

Archived