Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RB - only position without a white starter

why is it that not a single starting tailback in the nfl is white? strikes me as kinda strange considering how much diversity there is throughout the nfl in terms of other positions. i cant think of another position (maybe cornerback?) that doesnt have a single white starter.

the jesse lumsden thread in the stadium got me thinking about this as he the only white runningback i remember in awhile. alstott is a fullback, hes the only one i can think of at the moment. but as far as a legit starting tailback, i cant think of one.

thoughts? just wondering why there hasnt been a white runningback in forever.

i heard there is one white runningback in college who was a sophmore last year is supposed to be good, but who knows if he'll go to the NFL. its just really odd to me that a single white guy on the planet cant crack the runningback position.

somebody give me an explanation!! white men cant jump doesnt cut it!

and some of the best basketball players are white guys that CAN jump! damn you wesley snipes!

alstott is a fullback, and i already negated him. hes not a starting tailback.

maybe the white runningback did die with riggo. oh well, im just surprised there hasnt been one white kid coming out of college who was a beast. strange to me.

Don't forget Larry Csonka.

Do you really want the answer. It's because we are built different. Whites and Blacks simply are not the same. We all deserve the same rights, but we are built differently.

Blacks are faster, taller, and naturally more agile.

im aware that black guys tend to be more athletic than white guys, but i just find it impossible to believe that there isnt 1 single white guy who could be a good nfl runningback. its even hard to find a white scrub runningback.

Actually, Alstott WOULD line up at the tailback position too.

I think you have some cultural factors at play, as well as possible quickness/burst issues.

Also depends--Nick Goings subbed for injured RBs and sometimes did well but I can't tell if he was mixed or what. Does that count?

There are whites at every other position but CB and RB might seem most dependent on speed, quickness, acceleration and a certain anticipatory vision. Perhaps when coaches see a fast white kid they try to put him at LB, S, TE or WR.

Actually, Alstott WOULD line up at the tailback position too.

I think you have some cultural factors at play, as well as possible quickness/burst issues.

Also depends--Nick Goings subbed for injured RBs and sometimes did well but I can't tell if he was mixed or what. Does that count?

There are whites at every other position but CB and RB might seem most dependent on speed, quickness, acceleration and a certain anticipatory vision. Perhaps when coaches see a fast white kid they try to put him at LB, S, TE or WR.

very good points.

i think your points about the coaches is probably spot on. still, i just cant believe there hasnt been a good white running back in years.

Archived