Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JD Gibbs seems to imply in this article that Joe Gibbs may not coach after this year.

Joncevensen

Sometimes it's just life, that makes distractions. You're a family man first, career man second. You used to put your job ahead of your family half of the year, then stepped away from that job for a decade to pursue other interests. You get the itch to come back, but your family still needs you. Your son needs your guidance in Nascar, you thought your other son wanted to coach football but that didn't pan out, your grandson is diagnosed with leukemia. You know what I think? I think Coach Gibbs just prays and works hard, and tries to help others the best he can. How many of you would put the company you work for ahead of your own family?

Does he have distractions? Of course he does, don't we all? But to think that bringing the Redskins organization back to glory is not one of his top priorities, is asinine. His track record shows otherwise. :2cents:

Even though I'ma bit late to the party here in this thread... I'm glad to see someone hit the nail right on its friggin head. Great job man. :applause:

I mean as we should have expected, Gibbs may not coach past this year. Me personally I definitely would want him to stay on as HC, he seems to be only man to keep the egos in check @Redskin Park. With this group of players, I would love to see Gibbs hoist a SB trophy but he's gotta want to finish. Either way, I wish him nothing but the best. :helmet:

A lot of people here seem to be oblivious to the fact that Gibbs 2.0 isn't nearly the same as the first time around.

I see people saying that he does enough, he doesn't need to be watching film in June and July, who would expect the coach of a superstar filled 5-11 team to do that, etc.

That will not bother anyone if we were a SB champ or

if the team turns it around and wins one this year. The fact is, that this team looked totally unprepared in at least 1/2 of the 2006 games because the work that Gibbs used to do every week to make this team ready to win just about every single game isn't being done by anybody.

His assistants weren't picking up the slack. Snyder spends probably 50x as much money on a coaching staff that isn't 1/4 as effective as the young inexperienced staff under Cooke in the 80's. It is pathetic really. We have one of the best coaches in the NFL at every single position but go 5-11 with nothing changed for most of the year.

Gibbs 2.0 still has a chance but I'd bet against it before betting on it at this point.

In 2004 a SB win was for sure in 2-3 years.

In 2007 it's starting to look like we have a coaching staff led by this guy:

magoo.jpg

Archived