Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerry Collins earns perfect passer rating.......

Tom [Giants fan]

I actually think that this is extremely funny. He had by far his best game ever the same week I am playing DeathToAll in the Championship game in our Yahoo fantasy league. I am the only Giiant fan among 14 players and I use Collins to possibly win the whole thing. I also have Tiki who scored two TD's. Well, I find it humorous. Although, I don't know that I actually won it yet. But this is impressive in and of itself.

The following is from nfl.com/giants:

Collins Perfect in Win Over Colts

QB Kerry Collins passed for a "perfect game" in the Giants 44-27 road win over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. Collins completed 23 of 29 attempts for 366 yards, a career-high four touchdowns and no interceptions for a 158.3 passer rating, the highest possible rating a passer can achieve. With their second straight command performance – they crushed Dallas, last week, 37-7 – the Giants stayed very much in the NFC playoff race. The Giants got a big assist from the Cincinnati Bengals, who upset New Orleans today. If the Giants defeat Philadelphia on Saturday, they will clinch a playoff berth, no matter what the Saints do on Sunday.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

QB Kerry Collins passed for a "perfect game" in the Giants 44-27 road win over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. Collins completed 23 of 29 attempts for 366 yards, a career-high four touchdowns and no interceptions for a 158.3 passer rating, the highest possible rating a passer can achieve.

I don't get this. How is going 23 for 29 perfect? It would seem to me that he should be able to get a better rating if he had been able to go ... say ... 26 out of 29. Perfect should be 29 out of 29. Minor point, but still ...

He is playing pretty well right now. Congrats Tom, and I hope you guys knock the home field away from the birds. :)

Originally posted by TheChosenOne

Dunno if anyone other than Tom saw it, but Collins' pass on the flea flicker to start the second half was a really great throw. 60 yards in the air, hitting Toomer perfectly in stride.

I saw it and it was a sweet throw, it might be time I give Collins some credit. He is playing very well this season.

Heres to the Giants beating Philly on Sunday:cheers:

Sorry Eagle fans:D

Collins is a respectable NFL QB, better than most and certainly worthy of a starting spot somewhere in the league. That being said, he's not really a franchise caliber QB, and the Giants will have to have a number of other good pieces to expect to win with him as he's not the kind of guy who can carry a team, at least very often.

Archived