Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sanders only worth a low-round draft choice? We must have morons in our front office!

So how about this deal...

Starting with a 5th round pick as base compensation, the Raiders have to up the compensation 1 round for every round they win in the playoffs. :laugh:

At worst if they bring Deon in and he sucks, they loose only a fifth rounder, if he helps they have to pay for the value he brings.

For us, the worst that could happen is we get *something* for his sorry @ss, at best we get a reasonably high draft pick to make up for us not screwing Deon over the way he screwed us. :jerkoff:

Originally posted by Mad Mike

So how about this deal...

Starting with a 5th round pick as base compensation, the Raiders have to up the compensation 1 round for every round they win in the playoffs. :laugh:

At worst if they bring Deon in and he sucks, they loose only a fifth rounder, if he helps they have to pay for the value he brings.

Not a bad concept. However, I'd start with a 3rd rounder (their highest) and end with a 1st rounder if they make it to the Super Bowl. If they win the Super Bowl, then they give us both 1st rounders.

Eff 'em.

I say let him go for free if necessary.

What none of you seem to take into consideration is that if we don't trade him, he will go into the HOF as a Redskin :puke:

Maybe it's just me, but not seeing him in the HOF as a Skin is worth the difference between a 5th and 2nd round pick.

The issue isn't about Deion's actual or perceived value to the Raiders...it's not about playing poker....it's not about Al Davis.

It's about revenge.

A low round pick doesn't interest me. In fact, I'd give up a 5th round pick simply to keep Deion out of football if what he wanted most was to come back.

Call me petty, but I have a pretty clear memory of Deion's short tenure in Washington and how he treated us.

It's pay back time...

I say that if they don't give up a second rounder then leave ol Peon off the field. He doesn't care, its obvious that he could take it or leave it and as for the Raiders................................................ Does anyone remember Superbowl XVIII?!?!?!? Maybe I'm living in the past, but, I still have nightmares about Ray Guy catching that snap on the Punt that started the entire meltdown.

If it'll help them win games or even go further in the playoffs..............................Scr@w em. I'd rather keep the rights even if they offered me a second round pick just to keep Al Davis and that team from winning!!!!!!

Archived