Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Followup: The Fox and the Hound or, whatever happened to the Art vs. Lenny showdown?

skinsfan12

Some of you may recall an encounter between Art and a nationally known Redskins critic back in Jan. 06.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138318

Not sure why (offseason meanderings, perhaps), but I've suddenly developed an interest in whether there were any repercussions as a result of the exchange. More specifically, was there an effort by the established sports writers to disallow "fanboy" access to their domicile? Did ES experience any pressure to lay low as a condition for continued access? Is Lenny a guest at Art's for Thanksgiving dinner?

I can't help to notice that since the exchange, ol' Len has shed some of his mass (coincidence or cause?). Rather than resembling The Hutt, his loose facial skin is characteristic of an old dog...as in, Bassett Hound. Moreover, his canine ability to "sniff" out an opportunity to bash the Skins only lends to the caricature.

If anyone has feedback/gossip/rumor/hot pics, please consider sharing.

Unfortunately, no audio or video of the exchange. However, the details are such that a very clear picture can be imagined. There were such high hopes for continued drama...then it just fizzled. Perhaps it's best that it did.

Um, I hate to say it, but Len might be right. 21-27 after three years is solidly ordinary. :whoknows:

Maybe we'll be wrong about this but, for the heck of it, here's a bet: Three years from now, the guy who accepted the Redskins job as a Hall of Fame member will be viewed as just another ordinary Joe.

Um, I hate to say it, but Len might be right. 21-27 after three years is solidly ordinary. :whoknows:
I dunno, I don't think you can put too much on Joe for 2004. Not too many coaches come in their first year and set the league on fire, and he was coming back after a long hiatus that featured an awful lot of change to the league and a roster he'd have to pretty much overhaul.

I'd say 15-17 is more like it, but there's also a playoff win you could include as well. And last year got out of hand in such a hurry on all levels, it seemed like we were knocked out before anyone even knew how to respond. I think this year, with Campbell, Portis healthy, Williams revamping the defense to fit the players more, and the fabled second year in Saunders' system (but especially Campbell, that can't be emphasized enough), will tell the real story about how successful Gibbs II really is going to be. This is easily the most talented and competitive the Redskins have been as a whole in quite some time.

Archived