Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pre-Season Predictions?

dbtimsah

Everyone remembers the horrible pre-season the skins had last year? Didn't the Pats score around 50 pts? Well, I'm holding all regular season predictions until I see the pre games. Last yr even I believed the excuses about holding back offensive plays for the season, etc. That was stupid and JG should take full responsibility for coaching this team, not Saunders. But, I would like to hear some pre-season predictions! Keep in mind there are no push-overs on this schedule either. My hope is to go 3-1 with JC and/or Portis/Betts scoring at least one TD in every game. Plus, I have high hopes the D can be solid.

Pre-Season:

@ Titans: LOSS - Skins lose 17-10 on the road. Titans run the ball effectively against the Skins DL back-ups to easily close out the game.

Steelers: WIN - Skins win with effective play from M. Brunell and R. Cartwright to seal the victory 13-21.

Ravens: LOSS - The defenses dominate this one with the Ravens scoring late with hard running to set up a FG. 10-7

@ Jaguars: WIN - Finally an explosive game arrives going into the regular season! Skins win in a shoot-out 24-31. JC passes for 75 yds, a TD, and has 15 yds rushing. Betts (Portis benched for reg-season) and Jones-Drew both have great games with 50+ rushing yds each.

--Now tell me what you think!

Preseason doesn't matter! 4-0, end of story.

No, last years pre-season was 0-4 (in case you forgot)! And, it carried over into the regular season immediately. I lied to myself also saying, "it doesn't matter - it's pre-season." True the score doesn't matter but the play does for sure!

0-4?, 1-3?, 2-2?, 3-1?, 4-0? Who cares -- also, hope Portis does not score. He should be on the bench!! No chances.

Portis will get reps this pre-season so he can go full speed. The skins need to see the full offense in action. No more half-***** offensive calls this pre-season I hope! They should let it fly and use what works.

:gaintsuck

No, last years pre-season was 0-4 (in case you forgot)! And, it carried over into the regular season immediately. I lied to myself also saying, "it doesn't matter - it's pre-season." True the score doesn't matter but the play does for sure!

The Raiders were 4-0 and somehow they still managed to get the number one pick.

1-3 if i remember correctly the last time Gibbs went 1-3 in his first tenure year was the 91 super bowl year so im rooting for 1-3

so just beat the Ravens and im alllll good.

He was also the only coach to lead the team to the Superbowl after going 0-4 in the preseason. Well we see what that logic got us.:doh:

Record doesn't count, but the first team performance certainly does. :laugh:

:doh:

Our first-team performance in our 1-3 and 0-4 pre-Super Bowl seasons wasn't very good, either, hence the 1-3 and 0-4.

The point is that preseason records and performances are a poor indicator of a team's quality in the regular season.

Our first-team performance in our 1-3 and 0-4 pre-Super Bowl seasons wasn't very good, either, hence the 1-3 and 0-4.

The point is that preseason records and performances are a poor indicator of a team's quality in the regular season.

Just because the records were 1-3 and 0-4 doesn't mean that the first team didn't play well. The starters don't play the whole game in the preseason. Thus, the backups can blow the game, resulting in a deceptive preseason record.

I'd like you to show some kind of proof of the starters being inept during the preseasons of our superbowl runs. Because I don't think that your claim is accurate.

Portis will get reps this pre-season so he can go full speed. The skins need to see the full offense in action. No more half-***** offensive calls this pre-season I hope! They should let it fly and use what works.

:gaintsuck

i hear ya on this, BUT i think they should only do somethings, maybe like 3 plays :laugh: cause i dont really want teams getting tape on Jason Campbell. Yeah they got tape from him last year, but from what we have herd from coaches and players, he is far beyond what he was at last season. So id rather just have the whole starting offense out there to get some reps together, but nothing major. I'd rather the Dolphins have NO idea the storm thats gonna hit them opening day

:cheers:

Just because the records were 1-3 and 0-4 doesn't mean that the first team didn't play well. The starters don't play the whole game in the preseason. Thus, the backups can blow the game, resulting in a deceptive preseason record.

I'd like you to show some kind of proof of the starters being inept during the preseasons of our superbowl runs. Because I don't think that your claim is accurate.

To be honest, I don't care enough about this topic to argue. You might be right. However, my point is that the preseason is the preseason and it doesn't have much relevance beyond being a glorified practice. The passion isn't there, the playbook isn't there, the hunger isn't there, you know? Same guys, same uniforms, same rules, but it's a completely different game when NOTHING but a few roster spots is on the line. See what I mean? :cheers:

Preseason doesn't matter, look at the Colts every year in the preseason.

But at the same time, their system is so solidly in place that the skill players don't need to play in the preseason. I am not concerned with us winning or losing preseason games but I'd like to see JC and the receivers out there a bit longer than maybe most QB/WR's because the chemistry between them could end up deciding our season.

As long as Portis stays healthy i really could care less what our record is. But just for the heck of it ill say 2-2

@Titans - loss

vs. Steelers - Win

vs. Ravens - Win

@Jaguars - loss

i think we win both of our games at home. I think this year we start defending our home better. I bet we go undefeated at home during the regular season.

Archived