Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor's speed and returns

STaylor2136

yeah i'd never seen this before also. ST definately has some wheels and good field vision, no wonder he always trying to pick up those damn fumbles instead of just falling on the ball

Yea i always wondered why he never fell on any balls, but it looks like that is a good thing, he has very good vision, hopefully someing some weight will bring his speed back.

yeah, I am kinda worried whenever he does hold the ball, but he used to return and even played running back in college I believe.

I still think though that if he had gone to the outside instead of the inside in that 2nd Dallas game, he would have put it in for 6. He had 3 blockers on one side, and 4 defenders in the middle, yet he ran inside.

Yeah, but I'm still pissed at him for not taking the blocked FG all the way against Dallas last year. All he had to do was hit the sideline and use his blockers.

aw...bull****. how often do we have to discuss this play? sean outran his blockers. there was nobody to block for him. no offense dude but "all he had to do was hit the sideline" is just crap because there was a huge tackle right at the sideline

yeah, I am kinda worried whenever he does hold the ball, but he used to return and even played running back in college I believe.

I still think though that if he had gone to the outside instead of the inside in that 2nd Dallas game, he would have put it in for 6. He had 3 blockers on one side, and 4 defenders in the middle, yet he ran inside.

Yeah when i was watching that highlight recently I was thinking the same thing

how do 2 cornerbacks = 3 blockers?

Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe Taylor played running back in High School and may have set some records in Florida. If he weren't so important to our defense and we didn't have ARE I wouldn't be surprised to see him back for punt returns or being used on kick and punt reverses, like we used Darrel Green in his farewell game

:applause: :applause: Sean Taylor breaking tackles, that was great. :applause: :applause:

But Hester closed the show and made everyone else look like they were standing still.

Wait, #4 was Hester...right? You rarely see players pull away from defenders like that anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe Taylor played running back in High School and may have set some records in Florida. If he weren't so important to our defense and we didn't have ARE I wouldn't be surprised to see him back for punt returns or being used on kick and punt reverses, like we used Darrel Green in his farewell game

Darrell was used as a punt returner his first couple of years, but then when he became all-pro, he only did it sporadically or in special situations. Sometimes they'd put Darrell with another punt returner just so they either had to punt to one or the other or kick it out of bounds. Green was probably used about 2 or 3 times a year on punt returns. Not just his farewell game.

Taylor set a state record with 44 rushing TDs.

:applause: :applause: Sean Taylor breaking tackles, that was great. :applause: :applause:

But Hester closed the show and made everyone else look like they were standing still.

Wait, #4 was Hester...right? You rarely see players pull away from defenders like that anymore.

yes #4 was Hester.

#1 is Roscoe Parrish

#4 is Devin Hester

#6 is Antrel Rolle

#26 is Sean Taylor

#31 Phillip Buchanon

aw...bull****. how often do we have to discuss this play? sean outran his blockers. there was nobody to block for him. no offense dude but "all he had to do was hit the sideline" is just crap because there was a huge tackle right at the sideline

Someone says ST has great vision.

I agree, but express my continued displeasure with him not scoring on that blocked FG and cite him not going to the sideline and using his blockers as the reasons he didn't score, which showed poor vision on that particular play.

Then, you disagree with me your primary evidence being that he outran his blockers?

Um...okay. Color me confused.

Archived