Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC network admits its liberally biased

DixieFlatline

I'd like to remind everyone that people like O'Reilly, Hannity, Olberman, O'Donnell, Carlson, Limbaugh, Franken, et. al are not political experts or accomplished thinkers in the realms of political science, philosophy, etc., but are merely paid entertainers, like Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert (who are self-admittedly comedians, not journalists). Their opinions are worth hardly more than anyone else here on ES (in fact, I would argue that some ES members are far more informed, insightful than any of the names mentioned above).

Don't get me wrong--I like to be entertained, and I do believe entertainers can be a voice to underrepresented points of view, but I think there is a tendency in this country to take them far too seriously, to live and die on their every word, to be repulsed by or to celebrate, to actually allow these people to host shows on so-called news channels when they would really fit in much better on Comedy Central.

Rush is a shock jock, much like Howard Stern, as is Hannity, as is Mike Savage. Franken wrote for SNL--O'Donnell was a bad comedian/actor years ago. Ann Coulter is supposedly a lawyer, but I think she's only made it this far because of her propensity for swallowing garbage-bag loads of horse **** and then vomiting them back out for the pleasure of the thousands of rabid, right-wing foot soldiers.

They are entertainers people, entertainers. None of them can compare to a Bertrand Russell, or a HL Mencken, or Ambrose Bierce, or Sartre, or Nietchze. They are not the great thinkers of our time, so let's not treat them as such (and lets find out who are the great thinkers of our time).

None of them can compare to a Bertrand Russell, or a HL Mencken, or Ambrose Bierce, or Sartre, or Nietchze. They are not the great thinkers of our time, so let's not treat them as such (and lets find out who are the great thinkers of our time).

Ok. What station are those guys on?

Archived