Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Think-Positive Offseason Thread...

Commander Adama

So glad to have Silky Smoot back!!

Can't wait to see Taylor and Landry head huntin' back there!

Jason Campbell gives me hope.

The Potential is ridiculous this year if everyone can stay healthy and click as a team. (I think I say that every year, :doh: but this year I really mean it :D ) I can't wait for this season to start.

I'm positive that we didn't waste our money just going out and signing big "names". We filled most of our needs very nicely and I like our depth all the way around. I think this year we actually have good reason to be optomistic!

I totally agree. Awesome!:notworthy :notworthy :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :cheers: :point2sky :point2sky

Our offense should really be improved in year two of Gibbs/Saunders.

Portis should be healthy and that along with knowing what we have in Betts should make for a pounding running game.

The secondary should be much improved.

i love the fact we "definately" have the talent after two years in saunders offense to make the big SB and i love the fact that on defense everyone is almost 100% healthy on top of the great signings we should be a top 5 D again :cheers: :point2sky :cheers:

OH hell YEAH!! I have chills now.

I love the fact that Jason spent much of the "offseason" preparing himself for the starting QB position. I admire his dedication and I think it will pay off. The game is going to slow down for him and he will make all the right throws.

Clinton Portis is going to give opposite defenses the RAG DOLL treatment! Just when they think it safe to breath because Gibbs pulls portis for a breather we're going to SLAM them with Betts stuffing the football down their throats. Welcome back to the Dirtbags bringing back memories of the hogs. Welcome back memories of John Riggins, Gerald Riggs, Ricky Ervins, Timmy Smith and the glory years. Where have you been hiding?

Santana Moss is going to get doubled teamed all season and STILL find a way to catch 70+ balls and score 10 TDs because LLoyd has decided to grow up and be a legitimate #2 wide receiver. Randel El is going to come in for 3rd and long situations and make plenty of conversions kind of like Kelvin Bryant did for us so many years back.

Cooley will be clutch and make catches in tight spots ala clint didier only better. He's going to get his blocking techniques down as he crashes down the line and knocks WLB on their asses.

The defensive line is healthy and has been together for a long time with the exception of Carter who woke up and remembered how to play in the latter half of the season. Griffin is going to be a force along with the other DTs. Wynn and Daniels will provide pressure and get plenty of sacks.

The linebackers are going to go wild this season with blitzes from every conceivable angle on any down they damn well please, and you wanna know why??

because we have Spring, we have Rogers, we have smoot!! we have Taylor and Laundry, and PP, and Omar....

GW is already dreaming up all the blitzes and planning for every single opponent.

Gibbs is out thinking everyone, and tired of the criticism.

Saunders is going to show us what happens in year number 2 of his offense...

Somebody stop us. I Dare you.

Did Lavar see much action in '04 or '05?

Help me understand, oh great Redskins fan, what were Lavar's contributions to our D in '04 and '05.

he had a nice INT in the tampa playoff game didn't he? :whoknows:

tampa might have just won the game with that extra possession.

he had a nice INT in the tampa playoff game didn't he? :whoknows:

tampa might have just won the game with that extra possession.

In '04 Lavar played in 3 games and had 11 tackles. In '05 he played in 12 games and had 39 tackles. The gist of the comment you replied to dealt with players who made a difference during those two years, '04 & '05....NEWS FLASH - 50 tackles in 2 years is NOT a major contribution.

Archived