Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hof

paloosa

What is up with the Hall of Fame committee? How does this committee, that vote players in the HOF, not vote some players like Monk, Jacoby, and many other players but they put them on the All-Decade Team? I saw the thread in the Around the NFL section. The person that posted the thread posted it but forgot to mention that it was made by the HOF committee. If you go to the thread and click on the link it will go to the NFL.COM page with the ALL-Decade team of 1980. At the top of that list you will see what I am talkinfg about.

I hope this is the right place to put it and I hope I am not breaking any sort of rules here but I can't let this go by without saying something.

just pray they dont do what they did to monk to darrell green or the hof building will be on fire

I hope you know that the gallon of gas that it's going to take for you to do that is going to cost you an entire $3.30-something. You'd better start saving up now.

I think you will see the 1980's all decade team is a joke. Darrell Green didn't make it and alongside Bill Walsh (who obviously deserves to be there) the 2nd coach is Chuck Noll.

You know...Chuck Noll...the guy who had all of his success in the 1970's and whose high water marks in the 80's included a 77-74 record overall and a 2-4 playoff record with no championships.

They chose this guy over Joe Gibbs, Mike Ditka, Bill Parcells, Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer, etc.

The 3rd defensive end is Lee Roy Selmon who was a good DE in his era- which was the 1970's. Bruce Smith and Reggie White made the cut...for some reason Dexter Manley who had comparable stats (at least stats better than Lee Roy Selmon) is astonishingly absent.

Boomer Esaison made the QB list instead of Dan Marino who threw 220 of his 420 touchdowns in the 80's- more than any QB of that era (he did it in just 7 years)

It explains a lot about the retarded hall of fame group. These idiots can't even look at statistics correctly.

I think over time people forget about the greatness of players & so they don't vote them in. Heck even here on Extreme Skins how often in Jim Lachey left out of conversations when talking about great players who dominated at their position? He was not an original Hog, but he was a consistant Pro Bowler & performer on the field.

just pray they dont do what they did to monk to darrell green or the hof building will be on fire

Exactly...while I literally cannot believe that Monk is not in the HOF...I would go absolutely ape**** if Green never makes it in.

You cannot tell me that a team that went to four Superbowls and won three couldn't produce any Hall of Famers. Grimm, Jacoby, Monk Green. I believe that Chris Hanberger is not in either. I think the guy went to NINE Pro Bowls. The committee should be shot. Michael Irvin didn't deserve to get in on his stats if Monk doesn't. But the Cowboys media and ESPN hyped him soo much that they gave him a mercy pass. Next year someone on the Skins will suffer.. they will never put Monk, Grimm and Green in on the same class. Let's not forget that Jacoby revolutionized his position. No tackle was that big before Jacoby and a case could be made that in his career he stalemated Lawrence Taylor. Funny how you never hear of his name even being mentioned. Just a thought..

What is up with the Hall of Fame committee? How does this committee, that vote players in the HOF, not vote some players like Monk, Jacoby, and many other players but they put them on the All-Decade Team? I saw the thread in the Around the NFL section. The person that posted the thread posted it but forgot to mention that it was made by the HOF committee. If you go to the thread and click on the link it will go to the NFL.COM page with the ALL-Decade team of 1980. At the top of that list you will see what I am talkinfg about.

I hope this is the right place to put it and I hope I am not breaking any sort of rules here but I can't let this go by without saying something.

Woohoo! your the winner of a brand new car! Another Art Monk/Hall of Fame thread! :D

Archived