Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - Portis has knee problems

gangars

People just need to chill, we need to quit buying into the sensationalism of the sports media and realize it's just a little tendonitis and will probably be fine in couple weeks. I'm just waiting for the Sally Jenkins article that says the season is over and somehow the FO is to blame for this...

I had patella tendinitis bad in my left knee. I had to wear a ring around my knee that would keep the tendon pushed in. Ice will keep it from getting imflamed. A cortizone shot during the game will solve the problem.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/paindrugs/a/cortisone.htm

Also, animal studies have shown effects of weakening of tendons and softening of cartilage with cortisone injections. Repeated cortisone injections multiply these effects and increase the risk of potential problems. This is the reason many physicians limit the number of injections they offer to a patient.

Man, these papers like to drum up stuff. Tenonditis isn't exactly what I would call a "problem," especially in May.

Smart man.....Ibuprofen should do just fine. This is Clinton getting out of some practice time thats all, he is the Alan Iverson of football, he hates practice!....;)

Nothing to discuss here, next?

Actually, its not really much of a problem at all. From what i've read on it, tendonditis (of the knee) comes from overuse (i.e. jumper's knee). And the most commonly used remedy is REST!!. Ok so:

1. Minicamp starts in mid June.

2. Training Camp begins in mid to late July

3. Preseason begins in mid August

4. Regular season begins September 9th.

He has plenty of time to just REST. Not as big a deal as they are trying to make it. Geez!!!

speechless! :applause: :applause: :applause:

1st we hear the Skins are drafting Dlineman no matter what, 2nd S.T. is going to holdout, now CP is going to be recovering from tendonitis all year. Who should I belive. I guess I'll take the belive it when I see it approach. Oh yeah, what about the Lance Briggs to Washington deal? I mean this offseason has been full of b.s. from the media, which is the norm these days lol.

I have had tendonitis in my left knee my entire life and it never stopped me from playing soccer year round on select teams in a very very competitive area (NCSL for all northern virginians and marylanders that play soccer know that the NCSL is one of the top select soccer leagues in the US) and it never slowed me down. Shouldnt be that much of an issue as long as they treat it right during the week.

Since all of us are talking about our bouts with tendonits, I throw my 2 cents in on the subject. I had a bad case of tendonits in the elbow, yes the doctor did all the usual treatments, Ibuprofen, the pressure pillow with the strap to relieve pressure, and rest, finally a shot of cortizone, still none of the remedies seemed to work. Finally someone recommended a chinese doctor who is an authority on Acupuncture, I must admit I had my doubts, but after 2 weeks of she got rid of the tendonits. So hopefully CP can utilize the medicial Art of Acupuncture. Hail Skins

Archived